DVDVR Message Board

Stomping Grounds - Tacoma, WA - 6/23/2019

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Zartan said:

Yea basically they have to be doing pretty good or playing the team you like that’s doing good for people in the neighboring city which the team is named after to get off their asses and drive to go see them. 

Florida is kind of a transplant state so the loyalty is very fickle. The Bucs are in the center of town right across the street from Steinbrenner field and that doesn’t matter in terms of attendance. 

I'm a Yankees fan, I get it. Transplants usually stay loyal to the team they grew up rooting for and where they're from.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Fun Fact (which I'm sure one of you will correct me on):  The US title match is the first singles match between Samoa Joe and Ricochet -- in any organization

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Fun Fact (which I'm sure one of you will correct me on):  The US title match is the first singles match between Samoa Joe and Ricochet -- in any organization

Fun Fact II: One of, if not the only match worth seeing here.

• Like 2

On 6/10/2019 at 11:54 PM, tbarrie said:

I tried Googling "Tacoma" to find out how big that actually is. Tacoma, Washington didn't even make the first page of results. (Closest thing was a Wikipedia disambiguation page.)

I just did the same thing.

I googled "Tacoma" and Tacoma, Washington was the fourth result. And that's definitely not a disambiguation page. It's a very detailed, long Wikipedia entry.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I just did the same thing.

I googled "Tacoma" and Tacoma, Washington was the fourth result. And that's definitely not a disambiguation page. It's a very detailed, long Wikipedia entry.

Okay? I'm not sure what your point is. If you're disputing my claim, I'll point out that Google is pretty well-known for tailoring its results to the person searching. You're probably closer to Washington than I am.

12 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Why aren’t we all using this “Kicking Ass And Taking Names” tagline, people? 

I don't know why, but this comes to mind whenever they say the tag line:

• Haha 6

Official for the show now

Bryan/Rowan vs. Heavy Machinery for SDL Titles

Tony Nese vs. Drew Gulak vs. Akira Tozawa - Cruiserweight Title

New Day (Big E/Xavier Woods) vs. Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn

7 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I don't know why, but this comes to mind whenever they say the tag line:

Mantis' "Kick names and take ass" battle cry before the Thanos confrontation is my go-to.

• Like 1

Apparently ticket sales are now getting into desperation territory.  They're offering 2 for 1 tickets to the show and dropping prices. (SUB-$40 FLOOR SEATS!)  AND half the arena is closed off. 

Doing some Googling, it looks like this is going to challenge the lowest attended PPV of the last 20 years - Over The Limit '11 (6500 attendance). 

Of note, the PPV was in a near-ish town which absolutely is not the same area or anything.  ??‍♂️

• Thanks 1

I know it's easy to hate on Baron but I find him to be passable.  Yet booking him in the main event is an ungodly horrible idea and no wonder people aren't going.  They even booked a Daniel Bryan tag match and that couldn't get people to care (yes, it's not Seattle but you get the idea)  But it is a shame because Joe/Ricochet for the first time ever anywhere sounds like it'll be outstanding.

• Like 2