DVDVR Message Board

NXT TV (05/22/19) - Spoiler Free

RIPPA

Preview for tonight (via WWE.com)

• Undisputed Era is Stronger Than Ever! And Adam Cole will respond to his match against Gargano
  • Velveteen Dream will speak
  • Candice LeRae vs. Reina González
  • Mansoor wrestles
  • William Regal will announce what will be done with the NXT Tag Titles

Candice has come a long way, but I still think she needs a lot more polishing. I dont think she is dangerous, but she is sloppy. Not sure how I feel about Reina. Seems that she can do neat things with the smaller girls and is more mobile than someone like Nia. Not the most charismatic though. 

The post match attack from the horsewoman and Io running in with the kendo stick was fun. Thought she looked cool in the all black and leather. I hope that's something that she sticks with. I think she does need something to distance herself from Asuka/Kairi and their colorful/flashy characters. An edgy Ozaki/Oz Academy like character would be cool. 

Mansoor/Maluta was neat.

Candice/Reina was nice aside from the finish which Candice badly overshot. Loved the post match attack from the Horsewomen and save from Io.

Fish/O'Reilly vs. Riddle/Gargano was solid.

Really enjoyed the main event. If Bobby Fish isn't able to go for Takeover, I'd do an injury angle with Matt Riddle and put Roderick in the tag title match with Kyle O'Reilly.

How could I possibly like Shayna Baszler more than I do? Shayna wearing a Lamb of God shirt.

Reina needs to go full Stan Hansen and have a big wad of snuff in her mouth, dripping down her chin, or ready to spit in her opponent's face. I'm not suggesting she use chewing tobacco. There is an alternative, Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff.

http://www.smokeysnuff.com/

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Reina needs to go full Stan Hansen and have a big wad of snuff in her mouth, dripping down her chin, or ready to spit in her opponent's face. I'm not suggesting she use chewing tobacco. There is an alternative, Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff.

I just want to see her beat someone with a Western Lariat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

I just want to see her beat someone with a Western Lariat

That would be great. There aren't many women I can recall using a lariat as a finish. I think Reina's size would add legitimacy to it finishing the match more so than anyone else though.

I find snuff/chew abosultely repulsive, but I think that could be something to take her character over the hump. She is so different yet so dry to me. 

• Like 2