DVDVR Message Board

SDL Should Have Been Me - 5/21/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Look, I know there are some mixed feelings about AEW, but they've finally given me a legitimate reason to hate them....  They didn't sign D*lph and now he's back on fucking Smackdown. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

I enjoyed Truth managing to survive a full day with the 24/7 Title.

Almas/Ali was good stuff, and it was great to see the crowd really behind Ali.

Becky/Bayley vs. Charlotte/Lacey was good fun though I'm digging the hinting towards Bayley vs. Becky. 

Roman/Elias was pretty decent with a nice crowd as well.

The only real disappointing thing on this show was Dolph Ziggler. Why is he still around? Its just so hard to give a shit about him. There are so many more interesting choices to face Kofi, so so many.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Otis with a normal voice is weird.

I guess this means they must have not impressed WWE officials, and won’t be working a significant feud with Bryan & Rowan for now.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Look, I know there are some mixed feelings about AEW, but they've finally given me a legitimate reason to hate them....  They didn't sign D*lph and now he's back on fucking Smackdown. 

I’ve heard that he was a big wheel at Kent State and he ‘deserves this’, you know.

• Like 1

Im ok with Dolph getting a throw away title match against Kofi. They have a stupid catalog of history to reference in terms of their careers hitting certain levels and always being right there against each other. It's not Rock/HHH but it'll be fine for 6 weeks of content.

I'm still waiting for Ali to really get into Kofi about stealing his spot and how if he didn't get hurt than Kofi wouldn't have that title...

I'd also love to see Sullivan get a title shot, only to be KTFO in 10 seconds with a Trouble in Paradise. Kayfabe they can play it off as a 'lucky shot' from a 'veteran who took advantage of an under-prepared Sullivan'.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

I'd also love to see Sullivan get a title shot, only to be KTFO in 10 seconds with a Trouble in Paradise. Kayfabe they can play it off as a 'lucky shot' from a 'veteran who took advantage of an under-prepared Sullivan'.

Is it weird that I think something like this would actually help Sullivan at this point?

37 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Ehhhh... Watching the 24/7 stuff on YouTube, and I gotta say that the Truth in drag bit did not work for me at all. This was the bad kind of WWE comedy.

That's most WWE comedy.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Casey said:

They booked Ziggler/Kofi because KO didn't want to work the Saudi Arabia show apparently.

So that's Daniel Bryan who started it all, John Cena and now Kevin Owens. Sami Zayn wasn't wanted. Women aren't allowed. 

Edited by The Natural

10 minutes ago, The Natural said:

So that's Daniel Bryan who started it all, John Cena and now Kevin Owens. Sami Zayn wasn't wanted. Women aren't allowed. 

Roman Reigns didn't either, but then he couldn't go anyway due to his leukemia coming back. But for whatever reason, he's changed his tune and facing Shane at Blood Money III.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

Dolph and Kofi were feuding in 2010. Just think about that.

And it was pretty terrible then.

Kofi has been having some of the best matches of his career lately, but... Yikes at this.

• Like 1

Why do people hate Dolph Ziggler now? Not that he's my favorite worker ever, but is he basically seen now as WWE's Davey Richards? 

Still thought that 3-way with Bryan Kofi and Zayn on SDL was awesome and probably my favorite match of Kofi's title run so far.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Why do people hate Dolph Ziggler now? Not that he's my favorite worker ever, but is he basically seen now as WWE's Davey Richards? 

Still thought that 3-way with Bryan Kofi and Zayn on SDL was awesome and probably my favorite match of Kofi's title run so far.

Now?

When have people (here especially) ever liked Dolph? When he was in the Spirit Squad? 

• Like 1