DVDVR Message Board

Raw is 24/7 - 5/20/2019

Dolfan in NYC

24 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

If a non-human needs to win, Mercy the Buzzard is right there. Then make anyone who wants to become the 24/7 Champ go into the Firefly Funhouse. 

"That's not hot!  There's no dancers here!" No Way Jose bellows as he enters the Firefly Fun House and puts his hand on that painting of the burning house from the Wyatt vs Orton match.

then Abby The Witch lays him out with a headbutt or whatever (she's a steel-plated puppet).

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Whoever thought, "let's just have some polyglots rap over Dean Malenko's old theme" proves that genius might sound crazy in theory, but in practice, it always reveals itself as genius. 

Funny you mention some sort of rap, because I always thought some kind of trap music or drill music would work for Cesaro on his own. Just something really grimey and raw for the strongest motherfucker on the roster who can destroy you in so many ways. Surely the CFO$ can do some kind of knock off Chief Keef, or hell, Block 6 if you want something more Euro sounding. 

• Like 1

what the hell is Block 6? 

Cesaro should use something from the classical/romantic-era. Symphonie Fantastique perhaps. Cesaro conveys an air of badass-ness in appearance alone, and nothing is more badass than a piece of music depicting someone getting their head chopped off with a guillotine.

Raw ratings have been on an uptick for the past 4 weeks which makes me believe people were suffering from chronic post-Mania fatigue and took a break. 

It's been proposed before but a simple remedy for the post-Mania slump would be having Raw after Mania be the season finale. Taking a month off and returning with the Superstar Shakeup in May. 

• Like 1

Here's the hourly breakdown.  I think you could make the argument that Brock helped but I don't think anyone bought he was going to actually cash in during the 3rd hour. 

8 p.m. 2.68 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.58 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.30 million viewers

I kinda want to see someone win the 24/7 Title, but actually hold on to it after someone try's to take the title say in the middle of the night.

Like I could see Drake Maverick dressing up as a maid to sneak into the current title holder's hotel room and you hear a commotion and then he gets thrown right back out the door. Cut to the champion putting "do not disturb" on the door handle. 

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Ideas. Intriguing. Newsletter. Etc.

I would want him to be totally prepared for what's coming. Carrying concealed stun guns and flash grenades, an army of paid impersonators roaming every town eating meaningless pins while the real Truth ghosts away unharmed. Sewn into massive shoulder pads at all times so he can't be legally pinned.

He would have to drop it on like a two hour long network special with dozens of twists and red herrings as to who was going to be the one to dethrone him, with his eventual defeat being a gruelling, Rasputin-like sequence of killing blows as his hubris and now-abysmal personal hygiene finally bring him low

Then I guess I would pretty much have him win it back within four or five minutes

Edited by Firebreaker Chip
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 5/21/2019 at 11:53 AM, The Natural said:

8afae63ad368da72-600x338.gif

"Closer!"

Was really surprised this wasn't the name of the thread. Probably the only thing I'll remember from this show by next week other than that hideous title. I mean, not Becky's fault, but fuck the camerawork. You could see and hear that "COME CLOSER" 3-4 times. But then I'm a big Becky mark, and I'm still pissed that they're making me watch the 3 hour show to see her. She, Bryan, AJ, New Day, and the fact that all the fast-forward upper carders were on Raw had me able to only watch SD for months before the shakeup, which was so pleasant. Having to tune in to both shows sucks, but I can usually get through both shows in about the time the Astros starting pitcher is winding down, but before the game ends. So I miss 3-4 innings for these shows, which could be much worse.

So Bray doesn't have a new gimmick. I was defending the shit out of the FunHouse thing and trying to calm down the "you know this company will screw it up" folks, but oh man. I thought it was gonna be fun for at least a couple months before they ruined it. They flushed it right in the gutter. Same lame personality, same worthless character. Why can't he just go back to the Cape Fear gimmick from back when we all thought he was cool enough to be a Jesus and Mary Chain fan?

Didn't notice the Brock boombox thing at all and agree with all the sentiment that he's "great" and has "it", but come the fuck on already. He's gonna cash in on Seth, win a rematch, and be feuding with Roman in time for the FOX stuff or whatever.

Not looking forward to AJ being wasted with Corbin, but I guess I'll watch most of it.

"Where ya hips at Seth" was great.

Glad Truth got the belt, but I won't be watching SD until tomorrow and I'm assuming he doesn't have it anymore, so just fuck that thing all around. How is it uglier than when it was made of literal trash? And Foley has sucked for nearly 20 years but hoo man that was bad.

I'm sure it's been mentioned in the Super Showdown thread, but Cole repeating "SUPER SHOWDOWN WILL BE EQUIVALENT OR EQUAL TO WRESTLEMANIA" was so bad it looped all the ironic laughs and was just bad.

Cesaro's new music is a big improvement. Liked the way the Ricochet match was laid out, and that may be a really fun feud.

Edited by bink_winkleman
grammatical stuff
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, bink_winkleman said:

Was really surprised this wasn't the name of the thread. Probably the only thing I'll remember from this show by next week other than that hideous title. I mean, not Becky's fault, but fuck the camerawork. You could see and hear that "COME CLOSER" 3-4 times. But then I'm a big Becky mark, and I'm still pissed that they're making me watch the 3 hour show to see her. She, Bryan, AJ, New Day, and the fact that all the fast-forward upper carders were on Raw had me able to only watch SD for months before the shakeup, which was so pleasant. Having to tune in to both shows sucks, but I can usually get through both shows in about the time the Astros starting pitcher is winding down, but before the game ends. So I miss 3-4 innings for these shows, which could be much worse.

I was hoping my favourites would either remain on Smackdown Live or get drafted to the brand so my favourites are in one place, it's better than RAW and Smackdown Live is coming to where I live in November. Shame Cesaro and Becky Lynch are on RAW. Ditto the Revival.

Edited by The Natural