DVDVR Message Board

Raw is 24/7 - 5/20/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Brock’s just simply the best worker in the promotion. He was one of the best right after he left post-WM XX. I don’t know if that’s because of his “You can’t tell me what to do attitude”, his look, or his natural charisma? The guy just has “It” in spades. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

I think most fans can recognize how goddamn good Brock Lesnar is and also be frustrated that he's only a part-timer who is always pushed past hard-working full-timers and held one of the major championships for what seemed like forever while barely ever defending it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Twenty years ago, they could have still gotten away with the idea that whoever had the belt at the end of the night, got a financial bonus because of it. No one would have believed it, but people would have been willing to go along with it.

11 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

I think most fans can recognize how goddamn good Brock Lesnar is and also be frustrated that he's only a part-timer who is always pushed past hard-working full-timers and held one of the major championships for what seemed like forever while barely ever defending it.

Some people do, but others have a very “Brock sucks” mentality. But then those same people end up always praising something Brock says, or does. More so than any other wrestler. 

I wonder if some guys in the back get jealous of that. Like they put in so much hard work, and Brock doesn’t. But Brock still somehow does something in half a minute, and it’s the highlight of the show. It’s something Brock most likely didn’t even practice, it just came to him. I remember always fantasy casting Brock as Eddie Brock, but honestly if Hollywood paid Brock good money he’d probably shock them by showing up to the set, and showing them how natural he’d be as the bully version of Eddie Brock was in some versions of the character.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Black Angel said:

RADIO!!!

SUCKAZ NEVA PLAY ME~!

I also did not realize I needed DJ Suplex in my life.

God, that 24/7 belt looks like someone gorilla glued one of Prince's gold albums on to pieces of green rubber.. 

Soooooo fucking ugly.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 3

Foley was on Twitter carrying the company water saying that the reason fans booed was because he cut a terrible promo.

(Though he did finally admit that the fans probably expected the Hardcore title and were disappointed when they didn't get it)

7 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Drake Maverick is on the case. 

24/7 title mission goals met.  I'm 100% on board for drake as crash holly 2019 trying to hunt down truth for the belt.

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

Has Mick Foley looked that bad for a while, or did he eat something he was allergic to immediately before coming out?

This video will do nothing to change your opinion

• Like 1

So, just to sum up.

1. Usos clown Revival.

2. Bryan reestablishes the Smackdown tag belts as a big deal, beats Usos on Smackdown to put over the team/belts.

3. Usos beat Bryan/Rowan on PPV pre-show in a non-title match. Raw titles are not defended. 

4. Revival beat Usos on Raw. Who knows where the Raw tag champs are?

This is not good. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Matt D said:

So, just to sum up.

1. Usos clown Revival.

2. Bryan reestablishes the Smackdown tag belts as a big deal, beats Usos on Smackdown to put over the team/belts.

3. Usos beat Bryan/Rowan on PPV pre-show in a non-title match. Raw titles are not defended. 

4. Revival beat Usos on Raw. Who knows where the Raw tag champs are?

This is not good. 

....Um... Who are the Raw tag team champions exactly?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

The sad thing is, they could probably fix the 24/7 concerns, give it gravitas besides "something for lowcarders to get face time", and handle this in one fell swoop:

The 24/7 title is automatically vacated the day of every big event (PPV/overseas major show.) 

Whoever's 24/7 Champion going into the event gets a guaranteed shot at either: US/IC Title (for the heavyweight men)/Cruiserweight Title (205 men)/North American or UK title (NXT workers), or the women's title of their brand if a woman is champ.  The next night another scramble happens.

Alternative proposal: R Truth holds it for like 800 days

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Disappointing that it's already been 12 hours and we haven't gotten breaking Twitter updates from Cathy Kelly that D'Lo Brown has pinned Frank Stallone for the title in a Topeka Waffle House

needs Norm MacDonald in there and you nailed it

15 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Legit just looked it up. Hawkins and Ryder. Boy, that's not great.

There's a reason you didn't see both of them running out there for the 24/7 Belt.  

(Also, both should have been released 5+ years ago.)