DVDVR Message Board

Raw is 24/7 - 5/20/2019

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Okay the European Title is back after all  ?

I know that nobody is ever going to confuse Ron Killings with the all-time great workers or anything, but damn if that dude hasn't embraced his bit like few others have in recent years.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Brock treating the briefcase like a boombox was wonderful.

Tonight's Moment of Bliss was probably the best one yet even if it was mainly carried by Becky. The six-woman tag was decent, and I loved how Alexa was still drinking her coffee throughout the whole thing. I like Alexa and Nikki's dynamic.

The 24/7 Title has a terrible centerpiece, but its nice to see the Hardcore Title basically return if only for the lower card guys getting something to do. Hope everyone has fun with it and gets creative. DDT has kind of raised the stakes with the Heavymetalweight Title over the last decade or two.

Miz/Drew was pretty solid.

Seht/Kofi vs. Corbin/Lashley was actually pretty fun.

• Like 1

Oh yes..  I dug the Firefly Funhouse segment.  It was just an extended play of the theme and it had little intros for the characters but it was cool.  Very creative.  I used to get on Bray a lot for his nonsensical ramblings once the original Wyatt Family dissolved but the guy has a mind.  I'm happy he's been given a second look.  

• Like 1

I watched the first hour or so live and kept being awed by the passage of time (“It’s been 22 minutes? I though I had been watching for 50 easy!” “This second hour has breezed by...oh its only been on for half an hour...”).  

But the last two hours were actually pretty enjoyable on DVR.  Ricochet-Cesaro And Revival-Usos were pretty good.  The 24/7 nonsense is a Crash TV throwback that will get super tiresome super quick but I enjoyed it this week.  

Btw is EC3 really phoning EVERYTHING in, or can he not run?! Cuz watching him run was just painful tonight.  

I forgot it was nice to see Revival actually get a win over the Usos. The match was unsurprisingly good and makes me wonder why Hawkins and Ryder are still champions when we can have 20 minutes tag title matches between Revival ad Usos with an occasional dash of Viking Raiders.

• Like 1

See, this is my issue with the belt, ugly as sin looking thing that it is. There's a lot of fun and creative things you can do with this in the age of the network and social media. But this company shows zero reason to give them any goodwill that they will even remember this thing exists or will be seen outside of main event within the next month. It's another shiny new toy to amuse a senile old coke fiend that he is going to get bored with and forget about.

44 minutes ago, D.Z said:

D7Ds4nFVsAAUHrp.jpg:large

The sad thing is, they could probably fix the 24/7 concerns, give it gravitas besides "something for lowcarders to get face time", and handle this in one fell swoop:

The 24/7 title is automatically vacated the day of every big event (PPV/overseas major show.) 

Whoever's 24/7 Champion going into the event gets a guaranteed shot at either: US/IC Title (for the heavyweight men)/Cruiserweight Title (205 men)/North American or UK title (NXT workers), or the women's title of their brand if a woman is champ.  The next night another scramble happens.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Drake Maverick is on the case. 

“No I don’t watch. I used to.” Oh boy lol.

I saw the clip of R-Truth winning the belt. I have to admit I loved it. The reveal of the ref in the front seat was a nice mob movie double cross. I was actually expecting him to do the Jackie Brown trunk double cross, but this was even better.

This is the best comedy the WWE has done in years. And they don’t really need the writers for these. The wrestlers can think of all the funny pinning situations themselves. 

Actually I don’t know why Vince even bothers with the drama part of the WWE. He clearly likes comedy the best(even if a lot of it doesn’t land). The 24/7 title should be the main belt for both brands. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1