DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 10: Dos Anjos vs. Lee (5/18/2019) - Rochester, NY (Blue Cross Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

D4cM0k9WkAAbTxI.jpg?1555600813

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 10: Dos Anjos vs. Lee 
May 18, 2019
Rochester, NY (Blue Cross Arena)

Rafael dos Anjos (170.4) vs. Kevin Lee (170.2) - Dos Anjos, SUB (arm triangle choke), R4 (3:47)
Antônio Carlos Júnior (185.6) vs. Ian Heinisch (185.6) - Heinisch, DEC (unanimous)
Megan Anderson (145.8) vs. Felicia Spencer (145.6) - Spencer, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (3:24)
Vicente Luque (170) vs. Derrick Krantz (170.2) - Luque, TKO (punches), R1 (3:52)
Charles Oliveira (155.4) vs. Nik Lentz (155.6) - Oliveira, TKO (punches), R2 (2:11)
Davi Ramos (156) vs. Austin Hubbard (155.4) - Ramos, DEC (unanimous)

ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Aspen Ladd (135.4) vs. Sijara Eubanks (134.8) - Ladd, DEC (unanimous)
Desmond Green (155.2) vs. Charles Jourdain (153.6) - Green, DEC (unanimous)
Danny Roberts (170.6) vs. Michel Pereira (170.6) - Pereira, KO (flying knee and punch), R1 (1:47)
Mike Trizano (145.6) vs. Grant Dawson (145.8) - Dawson, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (2:27)
Patrick Cummins (205.2) vs. Ed Herman (206) - Herman, TKO (knee and punches), R1 (3:39)
Zak Cummings (185.8) vs. Trevin Giles (185) - Cummings, SUB (guillotine choke), R3 (4:01)
Julio Arce (145.6) vs. Julian Erosa (146) - Arce, KO (head kick), R3 (1:49)

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Grant Dawson
Performance of the Night: Michel Pereira
Fight of the Night: Aspen Ladd vs. Sijara Eubanks

Attendance: 8,131
Gate: $643,840

Cancelled Fights:
Neil Magny vs. Vicente Luque - Magny Potential USADA Violation

Two tough womens fights where I like all involved. Big fan of Sijara but Aspen is my fav so I'll be rooting for her while I always loved Megan and really enjoyed Felicia's Invicta run so it's hard to call.

5 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Two tough womens fights where I like all involved. Big fan of Sijara but Aspen is my fav so I'll be rooting for her while I always loved Megan and really enjoyed Felicia's Invicta run so it's hard to call.

I wonder if the best thing to do for 145 is have Amanda drop that belt and the UFC just let whomever lord over the division especially if they can't work out a new deal with Cyborg. I bring that up because with PFL having a 155 division now and being on ESPN, it's not like you're forced to pretend PFL is just something that exists outside the realm of MMA relevance. Why not get folks like Megan Anderson or a Felicia Spencer or if she ever decides to go back up Macy Chiasson over while PFL is trying to get over a Kayla Harrison or Bobbi Jo Dalziel? If you have to put on women's fights over 135 pounds, it would be best to put over the new crop of talent and fresh faces as opposed to just doing them with no rhyme or reason. Also, should PFL go under or Cyborg eventually get back into the mix, you have actual bouts with fighters people actually might have heard of. Plus, you have opportunities to put women's featherweight fights on the Contender series since that's on ESPN+ now too. The UFC is bolstered by the fact they have two unofficial feeder leagues with at least some semblance of synergy in Invicta and PFL back when it was WSOF and basically glorified talent searches like the DWTNCS. Meanwhile, Bellator has made Julia Budd an official resident of Thackerville, Oklahoma as well as MMA purgatory. You can't wait until the next Ronda Rousey or Cris Cyborg shows up. I would love to see the UFC put that same type of energy they have for Maycee Barber into someone (or maybe two people to hedge their bets) at 145 because the window is wide open. Hell, unlike Barber, said person or people is/are not in a division replete with talent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Michel Pereira THE OTHER JOHNNY WALKER

Lord jesus, what a debut

I really appreciate that, despite being PUMPED, he did not go for an unnecessary follow up once he had the KO. Good shit. Lightning quick, man. That was terrifying.

• Like 1

If Ponzi Scheme is dead set on fighting in Uruguay and Luque wants to be in the main event of that card, the natural matchup is that fight. They have twelve consecutive wins between each other and Luque deserves a step up.

Felicia Spencer made quick work of Megan Anderson. They may as well find a warm body for her to beat up and put her on the Holloway/Edgar card in Edmonton. 

6 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Veteran performance. Even-keeled approach by RDA and he looked like he could go for another 5. Lee looked gas at the end of 2.

That TD defense from RDA made it seem like Kevin Lee ran straight into a wall. I dunno why you would sell all the way out on that against a very good BJJ black belt. He just seem sorta resigned to the fact he was going to give up his neck or back.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Michel Pereira THE OTHER JOHNNY WALKER

Lord jesus, what a debut

4 hours ago, Oyaji said:

I really appreciate that, despite being PUMPED, he did not go for an unnecessary follow up once he had the KO. Good shit. Lightning quick, man. That was terrifying.

Just watched the show and came here to say the exact same things. Crazy electric debut and was able to turn it off so quickly once Roberts went down.