DVDVR Message Board

MLW Deserves Its Own Thread

How many hacker gimmicks are going in American wrestling right now, just Contra and Sami in Impact? How many have ran since Y2J? It seems old as fuck at this point.

That main event just would not end.

Triple Cage should be a lot of fun, even if they're doing it in an empty venue. What should they name it... Mancer's Mountain of Madness? The Bucksnort Behemoth?

16 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

What was the last time Aria Blake appeared on MLW TV? I know it was with the Dynasty. 

She hasnt appeared since early 2019. Oddly she worked one of the indies near me last year in the summer. Appeared on their free iPPV along with Nature Boy Paul Lee and Davey Rich.

• Like 1

FYI, they are now doing MLW Anthology episodes. First one was LA Park. Whos nickname according it is "The Destroyer" which I did not know, and is awesome.

1. LA Park vs. Shocker. Both guys are about 50 lbs. lighter and fast as hell. Crowd kinda sucks at Hammerstein but they bump like fiends. 

2. LA Park vs. Sabu I. They start out with Sabu having one of the best straight wrestling matches I've seen him have in... forever. While the crowd chant for tables of course. Then when they get what they want they even chant "Tables, Tables". Fucking dildos. Jesus, Sabu carves Park up with a pair of scissors and he is just leaking all over. After some highspots they just start kicking the shit out of each other. Park goes through a table and is definitely suffering from blood loss. This is one of the best non-ECW ECW matches. Sabu even breaks character and offers his hand at the end! Then we get the SHUT UP YOU MOUTH beating on Fonzie from above, and the rest of the Miserlou-style promo comp. Good stuff.

Next week is Mance Warner Anthology. Looks like that shitty barbed wire match with Jimmy is on it.

Edited by Curt McGirt

Both those LA Park matches were festive as heck. With the LP vs. JFatu match (not shown on this episode) that's a good hour+ of solid lucha brutality.. I forgot how much I like Joey Styles solo on commentary. Mance Warner never fails to crack me up on his promos. Man, Jimmy Havok is literally THE LEAST threatening wrestler I have ever witnessed in a full sized ring.

- RAF

• Like 1

On 5/17/2020 at 8:22 PM, Hail Sabin said:

What was the last time Aria Blake appeared on MLW TV? I know it was with the Dynasty. 

She was on that Roll Call thing on Fusion TV.  I guess her gimmick now is that Colonel Rob Parker is her new sugar daddy.   not sure if that is a lateral sugar daddy move.  Although in one case definitely a horizontal upgrade ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

She was on that Roll Call thing on Fusion TV.  I guess her gimmick now is that Colonel Rob Parker is her new sugar daddy.   not sure if that is a lateral sugar daddy move.  Although in one case definitely a horizontal upgrade ?

It will for sure be "Hard Times" for her in the Future. 

Any word on when MLW is going to release the old Underground show (and how)? About a month ago they posted that they're going through the process of restoring and digitizing it.

On 5/26/2020 at 3:28 PM, bobholly138 said:

The LA PArk ep of MLW Anthology had old MLW footage in it. I think that is what they are doing with the old footage. Using it on Anthology.

The best bit of that episode was Richard Holliday's new moustache.

2 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Next Week's Anthology is Satoshi Kojima which I'm pretty sure will have the Jerry Lynn match on it. 

Kojima’s matches is what made me seek out MLW tapes back in the day. This should be a good episode.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 5:12 AM, Ultimo Necro said:

I just realised what has been bugging me about Dominic Garrini.  He totally reminds me of Randy from Trailer Park Boys.  If that makes Filthy Tom Leahy then all the better.

HOW DID I NOT REALIZE THAT YET?! 

I guess the Von Erichs should technically be the rest of the boys but the Park family works better. 

• Haha 1

On 5/21/2020 at 5:53 PM, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

Both those LA Park matches were festive as heck. With the LP vs. JFatu match (not shown on this episode) that's a good hour+ of solid lucha brutality.. I forgot how much I like Joey Styles solo on commentary. Mance Warner never fails to crack me up on his promos. Man, Jimmy Havok is literally THE LEAST threatening wrestler I have ever witnessed in a full sized ring.

- RAF

He looks more threatening paired up with Kip Sabian.