DVDVR Message Board

MLW Deserves Its Own Thread

At least MJF got his revenge in a prickish fashion, waiting till the last day and jumping someone smaller.

I think if you're writing someone off, you gotta make it look like they beat someone at least sneaky tough, unless it's a manager or something.  MJF was eating so many pins (understandably and obviously so) they had to temporarily build him up for this at least in terms of being a threat.

Edited by alstein

22 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

(so, we're just supposed to ignore that Pillmanito was in the last segment randomly after a few weeks of mystery about his condition? unless I'm confusing the MLW stars and that was somebody else)

And I thought his jaw was wired shut?  lol  C'mon, Court...

Douglas James. What happened there? Ouch. 

I'm so excited about watching MLW stretching the Mexico footage farther than they did with the Philadephia footage.  I'm guessing it goes on until the middle of August.

• Haha 1

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 9:05 PM, DEAN said:

This weeks flaming table spot was fucking SOLID GOLD.  THAT is taking advantage of being in Mexico.

Never sign a medical waiver written in Spanish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I dug the main event.  DBS Jr was gold on the apron and Brian Pillman took an assbeating like a man.  I dug the finish.

Richard Holiday vs Chessman was awkward.

STREEEEETTTTTCCCCHHHHH~!  HELL YEAH!

I like that Pillman has picked up some spots that worked well in that match. The headkick. The pause/slap in the corner. He probably would have a pretty solid run if he was able to spend like 4 consecutive months working in Mexico multiple times a week.

• Like 2

Catching up to the last two. 

Damn. First James splats on the concrete, proceeds to give the weakest kicks next to Orange Cassidy, and Averno just KOs him with the elbow. And spits on him! Not a good night in Tijuana. 

Yeah Holliday/Chessman is very off. Chessman was gassed or something. 

James was evaluated for a subdural hematoma?! ?

These have had the most subdued Mexican crowd I've seen maybe ever. Not sure if the audio is wack or what. 

Man, Poder del Norte is awesome.

I dug the main event even if it was a bit sloppy.

The LA PARK cooking segment get weirder and weirder every week.  I love the strange comments his sons make.

EDIT:  So I guess in two weeks its going to be an hour long Cooking With LA PARK segment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DEAN said:

So I guess in two weeks its going to be an hour long Cooking With LA PARK segment.

Considering he broke his heel and tailbone the other day, we might have Physical Therapy With LA Park. In which case there might be even more cursing than usual.

Edited by Curt McGirt

Catching up and I will say they did a good job pushing a press conference that clearly wasn't happening.  Also wonder if the shot the Low Ki at a party because he was staggering all the place 

I do hope that this KING Ki is referencing is Homocide and Eddie Kingston 

Hopefully when Douglas James comes back it is the original version:   Davey Richards

I would pay good money for an LA Park cooking show.

And yeah, Jordan was awful in that match.  He's usually better than that, no idea what happened- injury?  He seemed unusually timid as well- guessing something wasn't right with his head or he was hurt.

Is next week the last bit of MLW footage with a crowd?

Edited by alstein
  • Like 1