DVDVR Message Board

MLW Deserves Its Own Thread

Injustice's gimmick is weird. It's woke/Black Lives Matter/angry Millenials but they're heels because they act like jerks? And I'm not sure how they get away with the Eminem song. 

So King Mo's finisher is a loose-ass kneebar/heel hook. Okay. 

Main event was perfectly fine. Despite the flipping ability Fatu actually wrestles like an Islander, down to using a nerve hold with eyes bugging out. Meanwhile the Von Erich with boots uses... a Sling Blade? C'mon man. At least do a Sling Blade with a Claw, that would actually be pretty cool. He does do the Von Erich really high flailing dive which is neat. 

I'm gonna have to go back and watch the last episode for that Mancer/Havoc match, that looked so fuckin goofy. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Injustice's gimmick is weird. It's woke/Black Lives Matter/angry Millenials but they're heels because they act like jerks? And I'm not sure how they get away with the Eminem song. 

Main event was perfectly fine. Despite the flipping ability Fatu actually wrestles like an Islander, down to using a nerve hold with eyes bugging out. Meanwhile the Von Erich with boots uses... a Sling Blade? C'mon man. At least do a Sling Blade with a Claw, that would actually be pretty cool. He does do the Von Erich really high flailing dive which is neat. 

I'm gonna have to go back and watch the last episode for that Mancer/Havoc match, that looked so fuckin goofy. 

It was goofy, but fun. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Pretty sure that Injustice’s gimmick is “what older white people think about woke millennials”. Also it sounds like they’re using the instrumental from the Radio Edit of Guilty Conscience. So.. they’re probably hoping nobody notices that.

The Stinger Splash-Gutwrench Powerbomb-Kneebar sequence has potential once it gets worked on a little.

• Like 2

Everyone in MLW is using an instrumental edit of a popular song. One day someone will steal Court Bauer's Karaoke Greatest Hits 2000-2010 CD and MLW will be buggered.

• Haha 3

I thought it was funny that somebody else used a Gutwrench powerbomb in the show after that (was it the Von Erich?). It's a small locker room, these guys should make sure they aren't sharing moves/finishes/etc. 

I mean unless it's a stunner. Of course everyone is gonna use a variation in every match

On 11/28/2019 at 4:51 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:
On 11/28/2019 at 3:36 PM, SturmCRF said:

Well, Priscilla Spiderkelly is using Jizzlobber by Faith No More as her theme tune, so I'm now in love and will be needing an industrial helping of the settle downs. One of the greatest songs of all time, I even used it for my old e-fed character. The wrestling music bar has been raised!

Jizzlobber is definitely one of the top ten greatest song titles.

Thought that would get my wife to sit and watch a wrestling match along with Priscilla Kelly currently rocking a look similar to what my wife had when I met her but no dice 

Thanksgiving episode was predictable but solid.   I figured that Lawlor would turn heel but I am glad he did not defect to CONTRA in some bullshit Kevin Durant Signs With Golden State kinda way where you join the faction you cannot beat. 

Smart booking on Court's part as it gives Lawlor a fresh angle without making him seem weak, but now I am concerned about who will fill the role of top solo baby face.

If the answer is King Mo, my stomach's going to turn.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

Low Ki will not be the champ we want, but he'll be the champ we deserve.  I have a feeling he'll be the one that upends Jacob Fatu.

I'd really like to see them push Pillman Jr. to the moon now that Teddy Hart is out of the fed tending his issues, but I have a feeling he'll end up in AEW permanently with MJF.

Edited by J.T.

From cubs today

LA Park says he and his son were canceled off the upcoming MLW show and might be done there. This comes off as a storyline thing – he’s referring to Salina de la Renta as the promoter and saying he hasn’t heard from here. The MLW story is she’s disappeared since Park accidentally put her through a table on their PPV.

28 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Low Ki will not be the champ we want, but he'll be the champ we deserve.  I have a feeling he'll be the one that upends Jacob Fatu.

I'd really like to see them push Pillman Jr. to the moon now that Teddy Hart is out of the fed tending his issues, but I have a feeling he'll end up in AEW permanently with MJF.

DBS Jr could fill the top babyface role.

As for Pillman Jr, I worry about him.  I don't think he's ready for a lot of responsibility yet.

14 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Not really surprising but Teddy Hart has been released.    Losing him and LA Park is going to be devastating for this company.

It's a shame about Teddy because in MLW and even one some of the WM weekend shows he seemed like he really got his shit together.  Don't know the details aside from a quick Google search so can't say one way or another how much in the right or wrong he is with these allegations.

And it sucks they lost LA Park.  I think despite losing him they'll be fine though.

54 minutes ago, FakeWorker said:

Hart deserved to be released for the way he drugs and throws his cat around alone.

I don't know if he drugged his cat but I sure hope not.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
No need for dumb ideas.