DVDVR Message Board

MLW Deserves Its Own Thread

13 hours ago, Goodear said:

No one should put a belt on Aries unless they are expecting him to walk out so they can have a tournament.

He had lengthy championship runs in ROH and TNA/Impact. I feel like Aries walking out on companies is wildly overblown. The last time he left Impact was the last date of his contract. It's not like he still had time on his deal and decided to quit. Granted, the way he left last time shouldn't have been on camera. Whatever went down should have been backstage. I figure putting a belt on Aries is no more of a risk than putting two on Teddy Hart.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I'm surprised they haven't tried to book NOAH talent yet. Especially with Impact bringing them over.

I’m not... MLW has a thing where they’ll say “We are working together with...”, but they leave out the part where they don’t admit it’s for one show.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

I'm kind of not surprised that Lawlor is staying, especially with how much they kept talking about his contract status during his match with DBS. But story line wise, this does feel anti-climatic. 

6 minutes ago, Loki said:

I'm kind of not surprised that Lawlor is staying, especially with how much they kept talking about his contract status during his match with DBS. But story line wise, this does feel anti-climatic. 

Well when a guys behind the scenes status changes like that, then storylines don’t need to make sense.

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Yeah, I was so sure he was headed to the Performance Center. I wonder who talked him out of it?

I doubt anyone needed to. He wants to do MMA and grappling tournaments, he doesn't sound like he wants to uproot his family, I personally doubt he wanted to stop doing F4D, and that basically leaves him going anywhere but WWE/NXT. 

For that Mance Warner/Jimmy Havoc match to be a real Florida Death Match, it seems like there would be more alligators, firearms, explosions and Molly Hatchet music.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Spider Lady notes

1) shouldn't she be from Web/Webb City?

2) so, somebody from Richmond VA works against somebody called the Spider Lady? (University of Richmond's sports teams are named the Spiders)

3) I thought Moolah was dead

4) An MLW office source said the Spider Lady sent harassing emails and they decided to book her as a result. What a fed.

The "What the fuck?!?" carjacking victim... the skirmish at Full Sail... the old man forgetting to take the lid off the moonshine before throwing it in Havoc's face... that was an entertaining brawl.

Referee Doug Markham Rick Rude'ing his own show by being in the SUV all over Orlando at the same time as getting attacked in the ring by Priscilla Kelly was hilarious too. Oops. 

Or it was some random guy who had cosmetic surgery to look exactly like Doug Markham, that The Dynasty paid for.

(That was the original Hebner angle from WWF, right? They weren't twins, DiBiase paid someone to get surgery to look like Dave Hebner?)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

Or it was some random guy who had cosmetic surgery to look exactly like Doug Markham, that The Dynasty paid for.

(That was the original Hebner angle from WWF, right? They weren't twins, DiBiase paid someone to get surgery to look like Dave Hebner?)

You are correct.

Well, Priscilla Spiderkelly is using Jizzlobber by Faith No More as her theme tune, so I'm now in love and will be needing an industrial helping of the settle downs. One of the greatest songs of all time, I even used it for my old e-fed character. The wrestling music bar has been raised!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SturmCRF said:

Well, Priscilla Spiderkelly is using Jizzlobber by Faith No More as her theme tune, so I'm now in love and will be needing an industrial helping of the settle downs. One of the greatest songs of all time, I even used it for my old e-fed character. The wrestling music bar has been raised!

Jizzlobber is definitely one of the top ten greatest song titles.

• Like 3