DVDVR Message Board

MLW Deserves Its Own Thread

6 hours ago, alstein said:

THey at least had Salina pissed at Havoc for that, and I think some other reason.

I think we're just seeing Jimmy's swan song in MLW.  I'm sure this will all lead up to a Havoc screw job of the title match during the PPV which will turn into a loser leaves town garbage match that Jimmy will drop and then he'll finally start working full time for AEW.

Edited by J.T.

Just got tickets for Orlando show next month... I GET TO SEE TIM THATCHER AGAIN!

Dude is legit one of my all-time favorites and I've only seen him twice that I can recall -- against Ethan Page and against Chris Dickinson both in EVOLVE.

This time around I get to see him against Low Ki, so I am definitely stoked.

Plus Lawlor vs. Davey Boy Jr. and the inauguration of their women's division.

So now there is just two days with MLW Fusion

Saturday you got it on BeIN Sports and Youtube. ANd new episodes hit the FITE app on Tuesdays.

I assume Court realizes that most of the people watching MLW watch it on Youtube. I am one of the few people I know that watch it on BeIN Sports.

You can stream beIN SPORTS on the beIN SPORTS CONNECT website or app., but you will have to sign in with your provider.

Edited by Edwin

16 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

yeah, I get like hundreds and hundreds of channels and BeIN Sports isn't one of them. Unless BeIN is on some other freeish streaming thing (like how I noticed the AAA/Impact channels on Pluto)

It's odd we dont have the sports package on Dish but get BeIN Sports. Only reason I found out we got it was someone told me they were airing MLW Fusion.

2 hours ago, bobholly138 said:

It's odd we dont have the sports package on Dish but get BeIN Sports. Only reason I found out we got it was someone told me they were airing MLW Fusion.

Hey, thank you! I had no idea about that channel and just added it and set up Fusion to record. 

• Like 1

Pillman/DBS vs. Dragon Lee/Extreme Tiger was alright. Pillman definitely looks like a guy who would have been taking border trips for Mexican somas back in '93, and wrestles like it too; loved the run up the ropes into the armdrag that he didn't deliver, instead just slapping Tiger and mugging to the crowd. What a dick. The New Japan challenge/no-sell part was dumb but at least it was really stiff. Match just kind of ended out of nowhere though. 

I make the Mexican soma joke and Dynasty fucking does one too after I write it! I'll be damned... DBS' chain is silly but that Tiger Mask ring is dope. 

Proximo/Terror Azteca/Toto/Torito is a Tornado tag? Why? Toto has the scars to prove his Tijuananess. Torito has nice horns on his mask like the cover of Mercyful Fate's Don't Break the Oath. Aaaaaand he gets fast-counted for the pinfall in seconds? Alright then. 

Fuck I wish I had Park's skeleton jacket. Not the sleeveless mask one, the skeleton one. At least I think the one in the promo was different. 

That dive train was great, Mechawolf goes a zillion MPH, Gotch does the laziest "jump" off the apron, and then Park just comes off the top like a falling construction girder to show him up. "I am twice as old and fat as you, watch this punk". Then he runs at Samael as fast as Mechawolf was going and knees him right in the face. I like Bestia 666's muscle buster too, looks like the way the move was meant to be done. Mist, fire, a spear, fine ending. Needed a schmozz with the "held back" Fatu though. 

• Like 1

WAR OF THE MONSTERS~!

For the first time since his debut, it does not feel like Jacob Fatu is going into this match as the overwhelming favorite.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Holy shit.  Alessandre Bonte is adorable.  She's what Tinker Bell would look like if she were wished to be human sized.

Lawlor really doesn't need this win and he's better used with the Von Erichs in the war against CONTRA, so I honestly hope Court uses this match to get Thatcher over.

However with a possible Fatu retention on the horizon, I have to think that Lawlor wins to keep him in the title hunt.  MLW is not exactly in a hurry to clear the #1 Contender waters.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Fite.tv and Youtube are gonna be free, right? Because Thatcher/Lawlor told me "you are watching this" before I even saw Fatu/Park was headlining.

Nah, $19.99

Worth it though as you get those 2 matches, plus Teddy Hart vs. Austin Aries.

I'm catching up on MLW I'm still a show behind, but I'm enjoying these shows with CRASH. I'm not familiar with most of these guys but I'd like to see them used more in MLW.

Just listened to Court on Jericho's podcast and it seems Court and Tony Khan are on good terms, I get the feeling that Khan sees MLW the way Vince saw ECW. Stay on good terms so you can keep them in business so you can pluck talent. I dont think Khan wants to do them like ROH and WWE has doing, signing guys just to steal guys. Either way ,MLW has a ton of guys that AEW wouldn't bother looking at though. They have a unique roster all the way through. This and NWA is so fun to watch. I can be weeks behind and catch up in a few hours time.

• Like 4

PPV has been the same as you'd get on the usual TV eps.

So far Filthy vs. Thatcher is my pick for MOTN.

Filthy confirmed he's staying in MLW after the match.