DVDVR Message Board

MLW Deserves Its Own Thread

The backstage carney shit is what separates MLW from other promotions and I guess that emphasis on carney shit effects the matches somewhat, but I am not really following this promotion for G1 quality. It would be nice but there are tons of indies that allow for that. 

Gino Medina is the son of the late El Sanguinario, aka King Lion from Los Gringos Locos. He's one of Booker's top students and trainers. I've been watching this dude wrestle since he was 17, and I am thrilled to death to see him finally get a shot on a bigger stage. He's damn good.

I like his movement and ring positioning, it seems very in ring natural which you see a lot with second generation guys like Dustin Rhodes.  Having not seen him recently, I hope he's changed the act a little because it might be too close to the Dynasty (MJF specifically).

On 10/5/2019 at 11:57 PM, mattdangerously said:

Gino Medina is the son of the late El Sanguinario, aka King Lion from Los Gringos Locos. He's one of Booker's top students and trainers. I've been watching this dude wrestle since he was 17, and I am thrilled to death to see him finally get a shot on a bigger stage. He's damn good.

Gino is great. Had never heard of him then he worked a BIW show in town and was great. Months later he worked the Hoodmark Lucha Libre show. He is what only 22 and so damn good already.

• Like 1

interesting to see Magnus working the MLW opener on Monday and the NWA main event on Tuesday (yes I know)

but holy lord.. what a match involving the guy who'll be challenging for the title at the next big show diving into the first row on somebody who you may not have heard of before this match. Also, empty the tanks over and over? two count, kick the guy in the balls? three count.

I sense that the "(insert name here) is here against the advice of the MLW doctor" is another way of saying "the match order of the live card is slightly different than the match order of the matches we're airing"... I mean... I guess it's nice to explain why the ref is back out there against the advice of the MLW doctor, but if the refs aren't listening to that doctor, how fucking useless is he?

Ariel Dominguez looks like he's 10 and Garrini looks massive next to him. Meanwhile shortly after the match ended, I realized Garrini looks like Storage Wars Dave Hester.

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Haha 1

How much is the PPV? I couldn't find it on Fite's site a few days ago. Unless it's stupidly expensive, I'm there for it. Three great matches on paper.

Teddy and Austin will not be able to make it to the ring because the aisle way should be one big burnt bridge for their match.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

How much is the PPV? I couldn't find it on Fite's site a few days ago. Unless it's stupidly expensive, I'm there for it. Three great matches on paper.

Teddy and Austin will not be able to make it to the ring because the aisle way should be one big burnt bridge for their match.

A stretcher match where you put the other guy in the stretcher and roll him across a burnt bridge.

Without checking the schedule too intensely, is all of the TV in October coming from Dallas?

• Haha 1

$20 is a fine price.

I'd pay $60 if it included a 45 minute Teddy Hart promo where he discussed what it's like being Bret Hart's nephew and criticized the lack of technological advances in pro-wrestling.

On 10/9/2019 at 2:28 PM, DEAN said:

I loved this weeks episode.  The LA PARK match was awesomely lucha indie.  One day, Pillman Jr will win a match.

Pillman Jr. clowned Richard Holliday en route to the pay windah on that mash-up episode with the Hammerstone vs. Shiozaki main event.  I think it was Episode 74, but don't get me to lyin'.

Some day he will win two matches in a row.

Edited by J.T.

17 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Yeah, the office jokes here about burned bridges and the match having a Fire Extinguisher On A Pole gimmick wrote themselves.

On 10/10/2019 at 1:35 AM, Cobra Commander said:

I sense that the "(insert name here) is here against the advice of the MLW doctor" is another way of saying "the match order of the live card is slightly different than the match order of the matches we're airing"...

To borrow from that, there is an office pool going on who will NOT be cleared to wrestle by the MLW doctor on this card (i.e. he no showed). 

The front runners are unsurprisingly both in that Middleweight title match.

Edited by J.T.

how is the non-Schiavone option to accompany Rich Bocchini somebody that seems to be his clone? unless I was hallucinating during the first match, I think they called a triangle match a 'trios match'.. (also, nice effort to pretend that they're in the arena in Tijuana)

So, at least we'll get to see a former NWA champion wrestling on next week's Fusion.

Getting caught up on my MLW episodes.  Very brave of them to book Dynasty over Los PARKs in Mexico after MJW told MAGA jokes to rile up the crowd.

I hope they had a helicopter ready to fly Holiday and MJF to the US and relative safety after that match.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Getting caught up on my MLW episodes.  Very brave of them to book Dynasty over Los PARKs in Mexico after MJW told MAGA jokes to rile up the crowd.

I hope they had a helicopter ready to fly Holiday and MJF to the US and relative safety after that match.

It's such cheap heat and I wish they would find better ways to rile up the crowd (and who they're referencing doesn't help either)  But I did like their trip to Mexico though the second match was a bit on the boring side for me.

I would dare say that Selina and Josef's backstage bit was by far my favorite part of the show.  It's stuff like that I just adore and I can't wait to see how this plays out leading up to the PPV.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 2