DVDVR Message Board

MLW Deserves Its Own Thread

23 minutes ago, DEAN said:

So this is going to be on the Reelz network and not streaming anywhere.  I've missed the first episode.

Even the sketchy sites that post rips of Fusion don't have Underground up, which is a bad sign

First episode did a pretty bad rating -

Edited by Dolphman 3000

MLW is now programmed into my DVR and I can watch it on my big boy TV!  Willie Mack is everywhere lately- MLW, AEW, AAA, and CWFH.  Calvin Tankman is a beast.  They fuck around after Willie hits a Somersault Tope to the floor.  GREAT Lariat by Mack!  GREAT Back Elbow by Tankman.  Mack hoists Tankman's gigantic body up for Samoan Drop!  Tankman hits a Hidden Blade and K-Driller for the win.  That was good.  It's Zoey Skye!  I've seen her a few times.  TAYA! TAYA! TAYA!  Valkerie gives her some stuff early and then CRUSHES her like a bug.  Skye makes a comeback!  Then Taya sends her to Valhalla! EVIL TAYA is the best TAYA!  Hey!  It's Billie Starkz!   REAL1 and Mance Warner have a streetfight.  REAL1 gets on the STICK and one hopes this match fucking starts already.  Nice dropkick by REAL1.  Warner bumps big early to get REAL1 over.  They go to commercial and come back and have a few minutes of street fight and REAL1 wins with brass knuckles, which I assume would be legal in a street fight.  That kinda limped across the finish line.  Everything else was good.

• Like 1

Sam Adonis looked good in his debut versus Calvin Tankman-  for a MILLION PESOS!  Ray Jaz looked GREAT as a member of the FBI with Little Guido.  The Billington Bulldogs look like true bastards.  Yamato and Alex Hammerstone was good.  Yamato hits a SWEET Superplex and Hammerstone goes total power moves.  It was cool. 

• Like 1

Billie Starkz vs Kayla Kassidy was pretty good.  John Hennigan vs Davey Richards is perfectly fine.  Micro Man match was odd.

8 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

That's OK, I'm sure MLW is in negotiations already with another TV network that only 0.25% of the population in the USA actually gets.

Their next network is closed circuit TV at the bowling alley after you get a strike.

• Haha 2

Watched a couple of the Reelz episodes and a YouTube show (Battle Riot 4) and really disliked them both,  I haven’t seen much of MLW but the stuff I watched a few years ago seemed much better to me in most every way,  i like Royal Rumble-style events quite a bit, but Battle Riot was most boring, imo.  Lotta green dudes I don’t really need to see again paired with freelancers I definitely wasn’t interested in.  Parker Boudreaux, Killer Kross, and Enzo/Real1?  Not my thing,

Also, Enzo has bulked up some since his WWE run, but he still looks like someone Jacob Fatu should easily tear in half.  Building the entire show around Enzo spending most of the match hiding in the corner then climbing in the ring to opportunistically take a few shots before scurrying away wasn’t interesting to me.  And they definitely seem to be building toward  Fatu-Enzo feud,  Ugh,  we’ve seen that angle plenty of times before with more watchable dudes.

I am wondering how Jacob Fatu and Hammerstone have gotten stuck in MLW.  I don’t think the promotion can pay them enough to be exclusive and Fatu was getting some buzz a few years ago. Did they literally help Court Bauer bury a few bodies?  I’m not a big fan of either guy, but it seems like they would be better off on Dark or in TNA or whatever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I am wondering how Jacob Fatu and Hammerstone have gotten stuck in MLW.  I don’t think the promotion can pay them enough to be exclusive and Fatu was getting some buzz a few years ago. Did they literally help Court Bauer bury a few bodies?  I’m not a big fan of either guy, but it seems like they would be better off on Dark or in TNA or whatever.

I think the accepted reasoning at this point is that Fatu has a prior conviction that prevents him from traveling outside of the US, so none of the national companies that operate internationally will touch him

Hammerstone is less clear

I am not sure if a faction led by Raven will make me care about MLW again, but I am willing to give it a try.  At least we now know how they will use RSP.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I am no surprised that the deal with Reelz crashed and burned.  MLW just needs to move their shit to streaming platforms like independantwresting.tv and generate revenue through ads and merch sales.

Jacob Fatu vs Leo Rush was fine.  I really dug the Billington Bulldogs vs Mr Thomas and Myron Reed.  Mr Thomas throwing teeny bulldogs high in the air was awesome.  Bulldogs are awesome.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This weeks episode was really good.  Hammerstone vs Jacob Fatu was fucking EPIC!  Jacob Fatu is amazing.  Taya Vakyrie and Billie Starkz was really good.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Peck said:

I don’t see MLW on Pro Wrestling TV anymore so perhaps one of their 62 media deals HAS EXPIRED~!

NEW STREAMING!  FOR NOW!

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2023/3/23/23654193/mlw-premiere-streaming-network-psn-new-deal-international-reelz-peacock-pro-wrestling-tv-underground

I THINK what's going on is that they are staying on REELZ but are not going to to be streamed on Peacock with the rest of REELZ.  So they have a streaming deal on the side.

MEANWHILE, the 1 Called Manders and Rickey Shane Page have a good death match on the latest episode. LOOKIT THE BLOOD!

The Natural Vibes vs the FBI was good, if too short.  I like that they did it as a Dragon Gate match and Little Guido could keep up.  Lince Dorado vs Delirious was a slog.