DVDVR Message Board

MLW Deserves Its Own Thread

Killer Kross!  It's amazing how his fortunes changed in 5 months.  His match against Matt Cross was good, that finisher was GNARLY.  Davey Richards and Alex Kane was pretty good.

• Like 1

RAF has uncharacteristically been quite unmotivated to attend live pro rassling shows for the past several months. Modern wrestling product makes me sad, vintage rasslin' on my DVDs and tapes is fulfilling and tracking down the vast amount of rare movies on free streaming services is way fun. That being said, I made a pinkie promise with my now-suburban pal JAG to go to the next Battleground extravaganza (which looks to be a **shudder** ECW reunion schmozz) and soon after that is thee MLW, so now I live to raise my altakocker hopes up yet again. By the Spirit of Abdullah Farouk: wrestling, don't let me down. Maybe Gangrel will be at both shows!

p.s. - Verily, I really really miss being able to smoke cigars at cards.

p.p.s. - the board did that thing AGAIN to me where when I hit the "submit reply" button, I was logged out and my post was lost. It happens randomly enuff that I never remember to copy my words, just in case. Gggrrr...

49 minutes ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

That being said, I made a pinkie promise with my now-suburban pal JAG to go to the next Battleground extravaganza (which looks to be a **shudder** ECW reunion schmozz) and soon after that is thee MLW, so now I live to raise my altakocker hopes up yet again. By the Spirit of Abdullah Farouk: wrestling, don't let me down. Maybe Gangrel will be at both shows!

The February MLW show at 2300 Arena is supposedly going to have the long-awaited Hammerstone rematch against Jacob Fatu - that should be a good one

• Like 1

On 11/18/2022 at 12:41 AM, DEAN said:

Killer Kross!  It's amazing how his fortunes changed in 5 months.  His match against Matt Cross was good, that finisher was GNARLY.  Davey Richards and Alex Kane was pretty good.

The replay finally made it to YouTube yesterday.  Happy to see Davey strike gold, but I think he'd be better off challenging Hammerstone.  I'd forgotten how good Davey is when he is motivated, but the undercard belts should be used to elevate new or homegrown talent.  Even if that talent is kinda iffy like Alex Kane. 

Davey is far too established to have the responsibility of holding up the mid-card... or maybe that is a wise move given his past no shows?  I guess we'll have to wait and hope he's matured past that phase.

Myron Reed is the best promo in pro wrestling, isn't he?

On 11/19/2022 at 2:02 PM, Dolphman 3000 said:

I am guessing that Hammestone will retain since they seem to be pushing EJ NDuka as his next money feud after he defends against Bandido and Fatu.

Poor Richard Holiday.  He will never get a big singles win.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

In other MLW news, Davey Boy Smith Jr. is returning to the roster and Shun Skywalker defeated Myron Reed to capture the MLW Middleweight Title.  I'm looking forward to watching the match to see if it is good enough to pimp to the WEEKLY POLL~!  after it airs on the YouTubes next week.

Edited by J.T.

19 minutes ago, J.T. said:

In other MLW news, Davey Boy Smith Jr. is returning to the roster and Shun Skywalker defeated Myron Reed to capture the MLW Middleweight Title.  I'm looking forward to watching the match to see if it is good enough to pimp to the WEEKLY POLL~!  after it airs on the YouTubes next week.

I'm gonna watch that right now and assume it gets in this week's poll.

On 12/9/2022 at 7:43 AM, DEAN said:

I love that the most spectacular move is a Dropkick by Skywalker on Reed coming off the top.

Now I have to watch that match and see if Dombrowski called it a "Defensive Dropkick," which he should, since he sat under my learning tree.

• Like 1

Two IWA-PR dudes, Cosmo and Star Rogers, have a good little match.  I love that they gave this SIXTEEN minutes.  Davey Richards continues his wild resurgence as he has a good match with SB KENTo.  KENTo is all gritty and wiry.

MLW - Fusion 159 w/ AG Pre-roll AD::MLW FUSION:S01E-1 (video:PW) (id: 2148) | Pro Wrestling TV

• Like 1

YAMATO from Dragon Gate will challenge Hammerstone at the Blood & Thunder PPV in Philly.

Speaking of Philly, the MLW wiki shows that Lince Dorado beat Shun Skywalker at Fightland last October and is the current MLW Middleweight Champ.  I'm guessing we'll see that match on YouTube in the future as an episode of MLW Fusion.  Lince will defend his title against La Estrella at Blood & Thunder.

Edited by J.T.

We're still in September so Laredo Kid isn't injured and recovered yet.  It does have Black Taurus too!  So that's good.  And Microman.  Willie Mack versus Jacob Fatu is good.  Willie Mack is such a crazy visually awesome wrestler.  Fatu is awesome as a Samoan ass kicker that has a horrible secret that keeps him out of WWE and AEW.

MLW - Fusion 161 w/ Hammer BC Pre/Mid roll::MLW FUSION:S01E00 (video:PW) (id: 2200) | Pro Wrestling TV

• Like 2

On 1/2/2023 at 6:42 PM, Curt McGirt said:

How is Court in the position to release anyone, unless they cause problems like Park or Teddy? I cant exactly see people lining up to work there.

You’re not wrong.  But I’d imagine any news blurb regardless of merit that can get MLW mentioned will be welcomed.

I don’t really mean it as a diss either.  MLW has an outreach problem.