DVDVR Message Board

MLW Deserves Its Own Thread

On 7/7/2022 at 8:40 PM, BrianS81177 said:

Is there any difference between the beIn sports programming and the stuff they put on Youtube?

It depends. Sometimes the youtube versions are a bit longer and not as censored. The last battle riot on BeIN was very very clipped. I had no clue Blue Meanie showed up until I watched it on Youtube.

Brittney Blake and Zoey Skye have a good little match.  I don't think I've seen either of these gals, though cagematch.net says that Blake has been wrestling for 8 years and Skye has been wrestling 15 years!  They must be wrestling in promotions that aren't on YouTube.  Matt Cross is in the middle of a wild resurgence!  He wrestles the amazing ACH.  ACH hasn't won a match in MLW since March of 2021.  Richard Holliday versus Alex Hammerstone has Holiday doing a Garvin Stomp!  The match itself is an overbooked wreck.  I dunno.  Watch it if you got too much time on your hands.

• Like 1

Zoey Skye was Angel Dust so you might have seen her if you ever watched any AIW DVDs or Girl Night Out DVDs.

Brittney Blake was trained at the CZW School but looked way different back then & always seem to get hurt early in her career. 

Edited by Hail Sabin
  • Like 1

I'm guessing that Hammerstone signed that contract extension since he went over.  I really was expecting Holliday to win, but I guess you wouldn't the belt on the guy in the first match of their blood feud.

Myron Reed is a good fit for the Boomaye Fight Club and is probably the best promo guy in the stable.  He is such a natural heel.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

KC Navarro versus Mini Abismo Negro was good.  Mance Warner is solid gold on the stick!  Scarlet Bourdeaux WRESTLES!  Prolly for the last time for a while.  She is pretty good in the ring.  That wasn't very long.  Taya Valkyrie is talk-ITS BRITTHEY BLAKE!  SHE ATTACKS!  Jacob Fatu versus NZo was odd.  I dunno.

• Like 1

I dug the middleweight 4-way, but at least three of the fellows could do this style of match blindfolded in the dark and it would still be entertaining. Clara Carreras: oh, heck yeah. I remain, as always but somewhat arcanely, delighted by thee RealNZO1, that promo was hilarious. Cesar Duran is, as always, a gem. He makes the tired ol' "evil owner" shtick make sense. The return of Mance Warner also is cause for celebration in my longhouse, what a classic gimmick. I (without evidence) secretly think that JFatu stays indy so he can inhale copious amounts of marijuana reefer all day - I am happy if he keeps doing his thang because it works for me and I don't wanna watch no WWE or AEW. MLW: keeps on trying, with more hits than misses in my book. It is sad and beautiful that this is the only fed I follow regularly for the most part. 

p.s. - I am listening to The Heads "relaxing with..." and I remain convinced that they could write more than a few mighty entrance musics and stirring PPV theme songs.

• Like 1