DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Kabuki Theater - 5/14/2019 - SPOILERS

Dolfan in NYC

Asuka likely floated  Kabukimono Girls as a name, playing off Harajuku Girl and creative went with Kabuki Warriors.  Which both out of touch and racist.

Rick, if you're annoyed with marginalized people finally getting a scant amount of thought in threads, perhaps you're the problem?

Edited by Bustronaut
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

I don't see why the word "pirate" has to be in the name of every team Kairi is in. Combined gimmick team names are as lazy as combined mash-up entrance music. Breezango and Mahalicia level lazy. They didn't call the New Age Outlaws the "Double Rockabillies."

Because lazy is how WWE operates with this type of stuff so might as well tailor it to their style.  Again, never said it was bad or good but ideally they'd come up with team names that had some actual thought behind them.

Yes.  Because I suggested that it was fortunate that the owner of a company with a proven track record of racism approved a relatively doofus team name instead of something a lot more racist, that makes me a racist.

This coming from a dude who called me a misogynist because I expressed befuddlement at one point as to why Stephanie McMahon never gets comeuppance when debasing the in-ring talent.

But no, please complain more about people complaining, that's much more engrossing, and eat your ice cream, dick.

Edited by nate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh, I didn't call you a racist, just said the things you were saying were more racist than the team name itself. I'm sure the world really needed the "happy ending" jokes. 

When I called you a misogynist, it was because you said that Stephanie seemed like such a bitch that Triple H probably wants to hit her. Because you don't like her television character. I'd think you wouldn't want to dig that back up. 

You sure I was the one saying the Triple H thing?  Because that doesn't sound like mine.  It's probably pretty easy to misattribute things like that, when you're railing against everyone for being/doing/saying/acting in a manner that you consider to be "wrong" all the time.

And I'm not 100% you're not backpedaling your "racist" comment, a la a "I didn't *say* you were a bitch, I was just asking why you were acting like a bitch."

Sorry for attempts at humor that offend you.  It appears you prefer a world of entertainment that is as sterile as the floor of an OR.

Edited by nate
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, nate said:

Sorry for attempts at humor that offend you.  It appears you prefer a world of entertainment that is as sterile as the floor of an OR.

Are bad humour and sterile entertainment our only two choices? I feel like Austin Aries, because I want Option C. 

• Like 2

The real issue is that they got dumped in the worthless tag team division so creative could punt on having to push either one of them as singles any time soon. If Asuka beating Becky back at the Royal Rumble meant anything long-term, then she would've immediately reminded Becky of that fact after WrestleMania to goad her into getting a title shot. It didn't though because she was nothing more than the most convenient placeholder they had at the time. A placeholder to have Becky lose to someone the fans would buy (so they could run the storyline of her forcing her way into the Royal Rumble and back into the WrestleMania title picture; which wouldn't have worked if she had lost earlier to someone lame) and then to transition the title to Mandy or Lacey at WrestleMania, which they audibled out of. 

Edited by FluffSnackwell
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Are bad humour and sterile entertainment our only two choices? I feel like Austin Aries, because I want Option C. 

If you lived in Alabama, Plan B would really be your only option.

Wakanda forever.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@MORELOCK

Dude, fuck it.  I am sorry I called you a dick.  And I don't necessarily agree with you on pretty much anything, but I don't have to be an asshole about it.  There's always blocking if I get too in my fee-fees about it.

An edgy day at work put me in an edgy way.  It'll happen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

The real issue is that they got dumped in the worthless tag team division so creative could punt on having to push either one of them as singles any time soon. If Asuka beating Becky back at the Royal Rumble meant anything long-term

Oh oh I have to stop you right here,  unfortunately Alvarez (yes, I've said this before) was 100% right the night of the Rumble when he said that Asuka win meant absolutely nothing and they won't ever return to it. I hate that in the moment I was saying "I don't know, it could...?"  but nope he was right..  it went nowhere.  

Vince signed off on the Kofi win and he signed off on the Becky win but he sure as hell has made sure to do a pretty good job at pushing all his pet projects to the moon ever since..  

Lacey Evans,  check.  Lars Sullivan, check.  Baron Corbin, check.  Charlotte he's never relented on.  Alexa Bliss he's never relented on,  somehow always all over TV despite being unable to compete.  

Where has all this gotten WWE? Well,  look at the ratings..  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GodzillaPerez said:

I prefer Noh theater. 

"The Noh-bodies" is right there. I will be debuting my two new indy teams soon: the Bunraku Bunnies (c) for SHIMMER, Shine, Chikara, et al - family friendly, they work a little stiff, don't mind the people in black, and thee Butoh Express (c) - strictly hardcore feds, confrontational, NSFW. T shirts available soon.

- RAF

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

"The Noh-bodies" is right there. I will be debuting my two new indy teams soon: the Bunraku Bunnies (c) for SHIMMER, Shine, Chikara, et al - family friendly, they work a little stiff, don't mind the people in black, and thee Butoh Express (c) - strictly hardcore feds, confrontational, NSFW. T shirts available soon.

- RAF

Bukkake Express

was right there!!

1 hour ago, alstein said:

If they can get a crossover with SNK and dress up as Kyoshiro from Samurai Shodown I'll be all for it.  Given Asuka's past as a game reviewer in Japan, it wouldn't be out of nowhere.

I didn't know that but given her talking about it online I'm not surprised.  If you happen to know of articles for me to see from her I'd love to check them out.

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Oh oh I have to stop you right here,  unfortunately Alvarez (yes, I've said this before) was 100% right the night of the Rumble when he said that Asuka win meant absolutely nothing and they won't ever return to it. I hate that in the moment I was saying "I don't know, it could...?"  but nope he was right..  it went nowhere.  

I can see why people don't like Alvarez because he can and will be a dick.  But damn if he isn't right on a lot of things like this.  It makes it easier for me to put up with him.

9 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Vince signed off on the Kofi win and he signed off on the Becky win but he sure as hell has made sure to do a pretty good job at pushing all his pet projects to the moon ever since..  

Lacey Evans,  check.  Lars Sullivan, check.  Baron Corbin, check.  Charlotte he's never relented on.  Alexa Bliss he's never relented on,  somehow always all over TV despite being unable to compete.  

Where has all this gotten WWE? Well,  look at the ratings..  

So Lars Sullivan's two minute beat downs of R-Truth and Matt Hardy are having more of an effect on ratings than Becky or Kofi?

That's... certainly a take. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lars Sullivan's controversial opinions are bad for business. I wouldn't be surprised if he was an automatic channel changer for some people.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Lars Sullivan's controversial opinions are bad for business. I wouldn't be surprised if he was an automatic channel changer for some people.

Raises hand. I've been watching less and less, haven't quite quit but it's becoming background noise and I am really someone who will defend WWE on a lot of things. I cannot defend creative.

3 hours ago, AxB said:

The marginal difference made by people who are aware of the situation and using that as the basis for some channel surfing is likely negligible at best, and more realistically non-existent.

It's down to dull, stagnant creative and presentation. Period. Not Lars or Lacey or Becky or whoever. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

I still don't get how, even with all this wild card bullshit, our SMACKDOWN tag title match is rowan and bryan against the usos. the usos have been building up a match with the revival(albeit in dumpster fire fashion)for weeks, they show up on smackdown pretty much five minutes after they left the damn show, and now they are getting a tag title shot on A SHOW THEY ARE NOT ON. I know the smackdown tag scene is a trainwreck. You know the tag scene is a train wreck. Are there literally no other teams you can throw together? Is it really THAT important we have a smackdown tag title match on the show? Fuck, it's not even on the main show, it's a preshow match!

2 hours ago, Phil4126 said:

I still don't get how, even with all this wild card bullshit, our SMACKDOWN tag title match is rowan and bryan against the usos. the usos have been building up a match with the revival(albeit in dumpster fire fashion)for weeks, they show up on smackdown pretty much five minutes after they left the damn show, and now they are getting a tag title shot on A SHOW THEY ARE NOT ON. I know the smackdown tag scene is a trainwreck. You know the tag scene is a train wreck. Are there literally no other teams you can throw together? Is it really THAT important we have a smackdown tag title match on the show? Fuck, it's not even on the main show, it's a preshow match!

- RAF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2