DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Kabuki Theater - 5/14/2019 - SPOILERS

Dolfan in NYC

SDL was taped in front of a live studio audience.  Spoilers from London:

Spoiler

Roman Reigns starts off tonight’s show, who is initially booed before the loud ‘Roman’ chants drown it out. Reigns brings The Miz to the ring, but he’s quickly cut off by Shane McMahon and Elias. Shane makes it short and sweet, and says Miz is banned from the arena tonight. Daniel Bryan and Erick Rowan are out next, and help Shane and Elias attack before The Usos make the save.

Backstage, Shane books a 4-on-3 handicap match for later in the night. If Miz gets involved, their match at Money In The Bank is off.

ANDRADE DEFEATED FINN BALOR, ALI AND RANDY ORTON

Andrade pinned Balor in the match to win. Spots included Orton slamming all three opponents on a commentary table, and Ali splashing Andrade (who was holding a ladder) from over the top rope. Ricochet comes out after the match and stops Andrade from taking the briefcase down from the rafters, and takes it himself and celebrates.

Backstage, Kofi Kingston asks Xavier Woods to let him face Kevin Owens on the KO Show alone.

Charlotte comes to the ring for promo and keeps it short. She says Her rivalry with Becky Lynch ends with her standing victorious on Sunday at Money In The Bank.

Pre-recorded promos from Aleister Black and Lacey Evans are played in the arena.

Shane McMahon, Daniel Bryan, Erick Rowan and Elias defeated Roman Reigns and The Usos

Shane won after hitting a Coast To Coast. Miz came out after the bell to prevent a beatdown by the heel team.

Backstage promos from Paige and Ember Moon are played

Kairi Sane and Asuka (with Paige) defeated Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville

Paige cut a pre-match promo and said Kairi and Asuka will now be known as the ‘Kabuki Warriors’.   [Ed. note - "Fuck you Vince."]

Kevin Owens cuts a backstage promo, but he is cut off by Kofi Kingston’s music. Kofi is in the ring, but Owens is still backstage, despite being advertised for the Kevin Owens Show. KO finally comes out and Kofi brings the fight to him in the aisle. Sami Zayn shows up and helps Owens, but Xavier Woods runs down to even things up. The heels start with the upper hand but Kofi and Xavier end up fighting them off and stand tall to end the show.

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The problem isn't Vince being a racist,  the problem is people saying Vince is a racist?   ?

If you haven't seen the hot garbage internet edgelord bullshit I'm describing, you're not looking very closely at smark culture/humour. Judging by the message you've received here, I'm sensing this is a reading comprehension thing. Best of luck.

At least there aren't as many Shelton/Jimmy Yang jokes on this board. 

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

If you haven't seen the hot garbage internet edgelord bullshit I'm describing, you're not looking very closely at smark culture/humour. Judging by the message you've received here, I'm sensing this is a reading comprehension thing. Best of luck.

If my biggest problem is that I've missed out on all the "internet edgelord bullshit" that resides in "smark culture" corners I am OKAY with that! ?

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

If my biggest problem is that I've missed out on all the "internet edgelord bullshit" that resides in "smark culture" corners I am OKAY with that! ?

And we're all very jealous. Now would you like to point out who here was taking up for Vince's racism? Because I certainly missed it. 

The 4-way was good. The handicap tag was solid. As was the women's tag match. Always fun to hear IIconics on commentary though this wasn't as good as last time. The backstage promos were all generally decent-solid. Solid show.

I dislike the Kabuki Warriors name mostly because it just kind of sounds dumb. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, notoriusvig said:

Did the Kabuki Warriors come out to the old Orient Express music?

Nope, still using the shitty mashup of their entrance songs.

Decent show. The Roman/Miz alliance is something I never knew I needed, until it happened. Andrade getting wins is always a good idea, plus he pinned Finn again, which makes me think they will be feuding for the IC title soon enough.

39 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

And we're all very jealous. Now would you like to point out who here was taking up for Vince's racism? Because I certainly missed it. 

You do that often, you say "we" when you really mean you but to answer your question I know what could do wonders.. If Vince and creative didn't treat all non-white wrestlers as stereotypes.