DVDVR Message Board

The Walking Dead.

The Natural

I think I'm going to join everyone else in dumping this show.  We watched the season premiere on the DVR a full week late, that's how uninterested we were.  And holy shit what a bad episode.  I found myself asking, "is this going to be one of those episodes where nothing happens until the last minute?"  Try the last 5 seconds.  And even that was just a tease of bad things to come in later episodes.  The whole episode was nothing but the standard TWD tropes, with people having wordy, stilted discussions about life, what they need to do to carry on, and a bunch of other feel good absolute bullshit. 

I was incredulous, like, "THIS is a season opener???"  The show's creators must feel like they have a dedicated audience who will watch this shit no matter what.  I don't think that's me.

• Like 1

Chris Jericho's going to be on Talking Dead next week. Wouldn't it be funny if loads of people skipped TWD but did watch Talking afterwards?

• Haha 1

• 11 months later...

Watched the new Walking Dead: World Beyond last night thinking it may be different but nope - it's every Walking Dead episode I've ever watched, but now with SEXY TEENS!

I'll probably keep watching, because I am so far behind all the others that it's pointless to try to catch up but this one is manageable at least and fills the void(?) left by tapping out on the other series. 

They aired the final episode of the latest season last weekend. Only six months after the airing of the penultimate episode (they had to shoot some pick-up shots but Covid happened and they stopped filming). And there was no "Previously on..." before it started. Not only that, but there was a big return angle from someone who, had you been watching weekly, you'd be like "They've been gone for months!". Only it fell flat, because everyone has been gone for months. Lots of things fell flat. Like there was nothing at first to remind you that a certain pivotal character is no longer a factor because someone beheaded them last week.

If you were binge watching a year from now, it would work. But I'm not sure TWD is going to be one of those shows that people go back to.