DVDVR Message Board

The Walking Dead.

The Natural

My streak of loving the show when everyone else hates it is intact!  I also loved the roof scene and don't understand what was so ridiculous or implausible about it.  The helicopter obviously crashed there early on in the outbreak, we're 2 years or so out from that.  The damage from the crash let rainwater get in and soften the roof.  The sounds inside drew all the zombies from the edge to the middle and the roof started giving in.  I know the graphics were a bit janky when the helicopter crashed in, but other than that I thought it was a cool bit.

I think you just figured out what was ridiculous about it. It was a horribly contrived scenario.

How so?  Roof damaged in initial outbreak, noise inside draws walkers near damage, roof begins to collapse.  It makes sense in the world they've created to me.  I'm not trying to be contrary, I know it's fun to nitpick this show to death.  I just felt this made for some cool visuals and was a neat way for a different kind of zombie attack.

I actually really had no problems with last nights episode, mostly because I only paid attention to the high points. (zombie outbreak in prison, fence caving in, Cutty's girl getting burnt)

Poor Cutty. He finally finds a woman that will be with him after his long stay in prison , but somebody had to go and burn her with fire. Sure, she was sick and dying anyways...but, still...poor poor Cutty.

Also, Rick handing Carl his gun back will eventually lead to a shit storm down the road. right?

EDIT: The pig cutting stuff is the first time I've been grossed out by anything on tv in a loooooong time.

This was a very okay episode. No contrivances necessary to set up the zombie action this week.

So the arsonist has to be D'Angelo Barksdale, right? It doesn't make sense for it to be any of the regular cast, and he's basically the last new cast member of note standing. Although there was the doctor who popped up, I guess, but who the fuck is that anyway.

I got a laugh out of Nicotero trying to explain who the other body was on TALKING DEAD. "You know, it was that guy...from the first episode...who did that thing...you know...the guy."

The fact that I had to ask who David is kind of throws into sharp relief my problem with this show; there are too many characters who may not be "important" but who we're supposed to know who they are and why they're important to someone *else.*  Oddly, I never have this problem with Game of Thrones.

I don't make it a point to watch Talking Dead but I've seen a few. This one with Marilyn Manson is fucking painful. Talk about loving sound of your moronic thoughts.

I only watched the first few minutes when he started rambling on and brought up Shane's "Criminal Ears". Now I know it's going to a long haul getting through the rest of it.

The show had a great premise for the first two seasons but putting Brody in hiding when the whole public knows that he's not the perfect hero that they thought changed the show too much, and not in a good way.

Thanks. I'm so glad I don't have to waste my time anymore avoiding the Homeland thread before I get a chance to watch this last season.

Between this show continuing on, the spin-off in the works, and their continued inability to launch any successful new dramas, one wonders if AMC might better off rebranding itself as a horror channel after MAD MEN ends in 2015.

I don't make it a point to watch Talking Dead but I've seen a few. This one with Marilyn Manson is fucking painful. Talk about loving sound of your moronic thoughts.

I only watched the first few minutes when he started rambling on and brought up Shane's "Criminal Ears". Now I know it's going to a long haul getting through the rest of it.
I like TALKING DEAD and am looking forward to Jericho being on next week. I FF'd through most of this one.

Maybe I'm alone, but Carol's my second favorite character on the show behind Darryl, and last night was another chapter in the long ongoing saga of Rick being a complete dipshit.

I fucking hate Rick so much. With Lori dead, it feels like the writers needed to pass on her stupidity to Rick.