DVDVR Message Board

The Walking Dead.

The Natural

Since we're down to five from the original group, I'm guessing Glenn and Carol eat it this year, along with two more of Hershel's band of goons...Hershel and Beth (HOW IS BETH STILL ALIVE) would be my guesses. And of course, the numerous auxiliary characters they introduce throughout the season just to kill off for no reason.

I wonder if we're actually going to have zombies be an issue this season, or if we're going to keep playing house inside the prison.

I guess I'm one of the few who enjoyed season 3. There was tension, action, a good villian. It was a slow burn with Michonne but I thought it made the payoff that much better. I also think the acting is good for the most part. Let's just hope Carl isn't like 6'1 now.

Season three was great, up until the midpoint.  Then it sort of fell apart.  Nothing terrible, but not nearly as hot a show as the first 8 of that half season.

I saw there's a new black guy in the commercials.  So I guess it's time for Tyrese to bite it!

I liked a good deal of season 3. The stuff with Michonne and some of Rick's crazy moments were probably the worst of it. Daryl continued to be awesome though, and I liked how they ended Merle's story. I also pleased with the offing of Andrea and Lori. I'm sort of hoping they avoid making me want any of the other cast member sans the heels dead. I don't expect much there.

Compared to season 2, season 3 was a freaking godsend. Until this thread reminded me, I had completely forgotten that Andrea had died at the end. Thank fucking Christ. It's been said many times, but no character was hurt more in the transition from comics to screen. Honestly, give or take a Glenn, she is probably my favourite character in the books. Such a bad ass and so sure of herself. And she has the bad ass scar on her cheek.

Posted Image

I would be VERY surprised if Glen dies anytime soon, unless the actor wants to leave the show, mostly because

(comics spoiler)

Kirkman said he killed of Glen in the comics because the comic version was starting to pale in comparison to the TV version.

Supposedly they are going to do more with Beth's character this year from what I read. The show runner did talk about Tyreese's character from the comic book and how they didn't have time to explore the character last year but they intend to this year. The only worrisome thing is when talking about the success and the popularity of Darryl he kind of glossed over it and didn't gush and talk about how he's such a big part of the upcoming season or even hint at anything special for him. It could mean nothing though. 

Did anybody watch tonight's episode?

I actually thought it was good. Carl's a dickface and the stuff with Rick/(not quite but still looked like a) Zombie Girl was predictable but I thought the show was entertaining. They didn't really setup any big arc for the season but I'm guessing they'll start to introduce that next episode.

While the season 3 premiere blew this season's premiere out of the water, this season's premiere wasn't bad. Setting up a lot of storylines, new characters. Seems like this will be a transitional period.

I was hoping that Rick was going to be led into a camp of cannibals. That's really what needs to be introduced now, The Road-style clans of people eaters.

I liked this episode, but yeah, Specs definitely took a quick turn for the worse. Probably isn't a good idea to have those pails of shower water uncovered like that.