DVDVR Message Board

The Walking Dead.

The Natural

Can't express my anger at their decision to make the Governor likeable in coherent words. Seriously, the list Hartwick ran down of all the terrible things the Governor did should make redemption impossible. Really disappointing creative direction.

Man you guys are giving me chills with this SOA/Walking Dead talk. It'd be the worst "best" show on TV. Granted, I wouldn't mind Clay and Merle as the top heel tag-team in Georgia causing all kinds of ruckus for Rick.

Daryl would be like Sting. You wouldn't know what side he was truly on for a while then he joins the face team and delivers a righteous whoopin to Merle/Clay. This of course culminates him showing up out of shape for the final episode, getting the shit kicked out of him for 55 minutes of the show, winning when Clay pays the showrunner to write Daryl's victory coming when he trips over a walker while stomping Daryl and knocks himself out. Daryl celebrates for half of the next episode before Clay and Merle reunite and beat the shit out of him. Clay and Merle then split with Rick joining Merle for no explained reason and Clay brings in his useless cronies Filthy Phil and Juice.

And yes, I am having a very slow morning at work.

• Like 1

Personally, I'm getting tired of the show's desire to showcase angst-y, folk-y, gravel-y voiced singer-songwriters every week.  If I wanted to watch music videos, I'd watch MTV.  Well, maybe not now.

I would be as annoyed with those pointless montages as you are, if I wasn't watching SOA this season.

At least Robert Kirkman's wife isn't singing in every episode.

• Like 3

That Governor episode basically cherry-picks the "Rise Of The Governor" prequel novel that came out during the off-season. Although not as a prequel, obviously. 

And they also threw a little of the Road to Woodbury in there as well.

Can't express my anger at their decision to make the Governor likeable in coherent words. Seriously, the list Hartwick ran down of all the terrible things the Governor did should make redemption impossible. Really disappointing creative direction.

Do you really think this babyface turn is going to stick? Really? Something bad will happen to the sisters and/or the little girl, and he'll be back to crazy Governor.

My guess is at some point the Gov. comes to Rick and asks for help, and gets shot down.

Exactly. Something may very well happen to his new family that causes him to revert back to his old ways, but unless he's the one pulling the trigger (and judging by the pit scene, he won't be), this past episode still amounts to attempting redemption. Which is, again, terrible.

It's character development. It's a glimpse at what this version of The Governor might have been before the dead rose, and him being a good guy now is supposed to make it more tragic when everything inevitably goes south again.

Screw that. I want a total directional change in the show.

Govener protects his new family while Rick gets more and more crazy, causing people to start switching sides. Carol is obviously the first to join "New Woodbury" and she could take her girls with her. Then a couple more come across, ending with the ultimate move - Carl turning his back on his dad and taking his sister to join the Gov.

Then you can build Rick back up into a sane person before he goes to rescue them all.

• Like 2

I really like that idea, but I'm assuming it's way too ambitious for the writers. They'd probably have it end with Carl rejoining his dad after one episode, because he found out the Governor had been secretly evil the entire time!

Really liked this episode, but it's obvious that they could've condensed this one and last weeks into 1 single episode. And unless the Governor dies of the prison virus, I really have no idea what the point of the first half of the season is for.

Also: I hope whoever came up with the concept of "mid season finales" is rounded up with the rest of their family and shot in a dark alley.

Really liked this episode, but it's obvious that they could've condensed this one and last weeks into 1 single episode. And unless the Governor dies of the prison virus, I really have no idea what the point of the first half of the season is for.

If you've read the books you then you'd know what's coming up next.   

Really I didn't hate these episodes all that much. What I do hate is that they had to even create these episodes in the first place because they didn't have enough fresh bodies to sacrifice for the big climax to the Governor/Woodbury arc last season.

Thought it was really convenient how when Governor decided to kill that guy during a friendly game of golf, not one of the twenty other people in the camp were around to see it. Maybe a little too convenient.

Thought it was really convenient how when Governor decided to kill that guy during a friendly game of golf, not one of the twenty other people in the camp were around to see it. Maybe a little too convenient.

You think the Gov is going to strike when there are other people around?

Good to see the Governor is just as incompetent in TV show as he was in the comics. If aMC does do Prreacher I look forward to them exposing Herr Starr as a bumbling twit that can't be taken seriously as well.

James

Seriously, what an awful plan. He had no sensible contingencies for if Rick called his bluff. But fuck that dude, he's dead, and not a moment too soon. Though it does make the preceding episodes somehow even MORE pointless.

I think they established long ago the Govoner is batshit crazy and only getting worse. His lack of plan shouldn't be a big suprise.

The interwebs are going crazy? Is that cause the fucking baby got eaten? This episode was a tour de child death. Seriously I know those dumb little girls saved Tyrese but to just leave the baby there??? Why didn't those other lil girls take her on the bus?

Anyways I'm interested in where they pick up in Feb. I have to wonder of this show isn't gonna lose some steam going forward...

AMC need not worry though. Game of Arms is coming to fill that Breaking Bad void!