DVDVR Message Board

The Walking Dead.

The Natural

Oh I know Negan's not dying anytime soon. I'm just saying it would be vastly more interesting watching Dwight, Simon, Gavin and Eugene(?) fight for control then watch another episode of bully/clown Negan bully and clown around, watch a flashback episode about how he was a good man before the dead rose, watch Rick and company debate whether to kill him or not, etc.

Eugene's master plan better be something amazing. As in Carol vs. Terminus level amazing.

Anyone else see that commercial with two folks on motorcycles, where for a second it looks like it might an ad for a 2nd season of Ride with Norman Reedus, but it turns out to just be an ad for an insurance company? Sneaky way to get TWD watchers to pay attention, I tell you.

You know how t the end of the half-season, they decided it was time to turn on the Saviours and start fighting against them? They aren't actually going to have the actual fighting start until next season, are they?

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 9:13 PM, AxB said:

Uneventful again. But hey, Steven Ogg's on Talking Dead next week.

Ogg was great but I still expect him to show up wearing a filthy t-shirt, dirty sweatpants, and chukka boots out in public.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AxB said:

You know how t the end of the half-season, they decided it was time to turn on the Saviours and start fighting against them? They aren't actually going to have the actual fighting start until next season, are they?

With only one episode left, yeah, it looks that way.

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

This show is horrible I don't know why I watch sometimes.

I'll bet you really like Into the Badlands. ;-)

They actually did stuff that episode. Actual stuff.

Not saying it makes up for taking 15 episodes to do 7 or 8 episodes worth of stuff before that, but hey, things happened.

Next season's biggest cheer will go to whomever flicks Rick in his bullet wound and tells him he's an idiot for going out of his way to fetch guns for isolated survivalists that they had nothing to do with. Biggest boo will go to whomever insists on asking Maggie about the pocket watch, as that's going to trigger 10 minutes of exposition.

Oh, and even in a hallucination, Abraham's an annoying git.

That flashback actually made me miss Abraham. This show is so overwhelmingly miserable. It was nice having someone around with a sense of humor, no matter how dumb or crude it may have been. Being obnoxious is more of a personality than Rick has.

Why don't Rick and his people just move? Didn't he tell the garbage lady that it wasn't about the place? Then split and fortify in another state. What's keeping them there?

And as smart as Negan is supposed to be, always one step ahead of Rick, it's colossally dumb for him to keep him alive. The smart move would've been to kill him in the lineup at the beginning of the season. Cut off the head of the snake. Let's say he kept him alive because he wanted to break him down and make him his bitch, which seems to be a thing he enjoys. That failed miserably, so now he has no excuse. Rick will continue to be a threat. Rick even vows again to kill Negan, and yet he's just gonna bust his hands. He can still lead with stumps!

Already killed Glenn this season, couldn't kill Rick too. Ditto for Darryl.

I'll admit that I was snarky enough to think they might actually kill Carl, just because I'd read the actor was going off to college...and laughed when Ezekiel unleashed his sabre toothed tiger zord attack. Whole season establishing that everyone shuts up and listens when Negan talks...I mean They...Get...Qui-et. #NeganVoice  But what happens? Half the Hilltop and Kingdom sneak up on everyone. That's funny.

• 6 months later...
On 10/23/2017 at 11:08 AM, Casey said:

All-Out War just started and they're already hinting at the Whisperers through the flash forwards.

Every time a villain is defeated, another pops up in its place. And so it'll likely go for years and years until this series limps its way to an overdue finale. Lather, rinse, repeat. I hope I can kick the bad habit of watching this show before then.

What an incredible waste of ammo in this episode. Remember when it was a big deal that Eugene could make bullets because ammo was scarce? Now they've got so much, they can afford to blow a bunch of it on shooting out windows.

It was colossally dumb of Simon and Negan to believe Gregory had that much sway over the Hilltop people and to rely on him as the ace up their sleeve. The Hilltoppers obviously bought into Rick's bullshit if they were willing to bring the fight to the Saviors. Any idiot can see that Gregory is not the sort of leader people would believe in.

Weird Al's Another One Rides the Bus was certainly an odd choice for the flash forward music. With them also having a They Might Be Giants montage last season, it's like this show's music is being chosen by an eight-year-old me.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This show's scriptwriters are either awful or just arrogant enough to believe their audience will swallow anything. 

After season after season of hammering the point home that the rules of this post apocalyptic world are different and you really need to kill the bad people right off the bat (pardon the pun), now they're trying to go back to plot points where characters argue the morality of killing.  Last episode saw:

• Jesus and Morgan butt heads over Jesus' decision to capture, not kill, the Saviors
  • Maggie and Enid disagree over letting Gregory back in (instead of killing him as they should have)
  • Darryl kill two people Rick didn't want him to

At this point in the game, the viewers have been absolutely trained to believe Rick's crew should be killing the bad guys, full stop.  Going back on that this late in the game is a poor writing choice and is really counterproductive, killing the credibility of people we're supposed to see as protagonists.  We don't think of Jesus and Maggie as making bold, brave moral choices.  We think they're idiots.

Carol and Morgan both renounced violence in past seasons, only for their choices to be proven incorrect and for both characters to go back on those decisions.  So how are we supposed to go along with it when other characters start having pangs of conscience?  The show has already said, "refraining from killing the bad people does not help."  Yet they're going back to that tired point of conflict again.  It's tedious.

Great points. Combine that with the extreme use of ammo and this season has started way off the rails.

When Eric died we laughed at him walking off to be with his own kind. Like something out of "Harry and the Hendersons" where the monster cant live with the family any more.

Also this show has lost its balls. In past seasons we would have had one of Morgan, Jesus, Carol or Ezekial die. Instead we get a bunch of fake outs.

Watching out of habit (or a sense of completion) now.

Yeah, the fact that this is one of "our programs"  is the only thing that gets me to keep watching. The list of "our programs" has shrunk substantially. Lett's see, we used to have GOT, TWD,  SOA. Breaking Bad, America's Got Talent, Preacher, RAW & SDL,  (Kathy's now in one of her periodic bored with wrestling phases that can last anywhere from a few months to a decade. I never could get her into NXT or NJPW ), Bates' Motel, American Horror Story,  River Monsters... We've each bailed on stuff to the point that our only mutual shows are GOT and TWD. She remains a fan of both zombie shows whereas I just couldn't be bothered with FTWD, just an absolute waste of time. TWD seems bound and determined to see just how far they can go when it comes to shitting on the audience...

• Like 1