DVDVR Message Board

The Walking Dead.

The Natural

That said, I hope Carol shanks Rick and leaves him to let him turn.

Rick: "So, uh, why did you do it?"

Carol: "They were going to turn and kill us."

Rick: "You don't know that."

Carol: "You killed Shane for the same reason..."

Rick: "SO. Fuck you. Find your own way."

Rick is in a spot where either decision creates problems, not the least of all is the possibility of Tyrese wanting to kill him now for robbing him of the chance to kill Carol.

The Talking Dead panelists were great this week, especially Jericho, and they pointed out that her coming back, with people eventually finding out what she did, will divide the prison.

There's a "mystery guest" next week, so I'm guessing one of the main cast members is getting killed off.

I love what they did with Carol here, but there is no way in hell Rick made a bad decision here outside of a character you like being gone. Her position wasn't defensible at all.

Sure he made a bad decision, but that's the essence of his character.  This show is the anti-Lost, for some reason nobody can keep their mouth shut.  A typical exchange on Lost, "What did that note say?"  "Nothing".  But on this show, "So, who's gonna tell Daryl we handcuffed his brother to the roof so the zombies can feast on him for the rest of the day?"  Not even a thought of keeping that to themselves.  Same here, Rick could have just kept his mouth shut and blamed somebody who had just died for the murders.  Instead, he will certainly piss Daryl off no matter what story he comes up with.  Which will probably be to tell Daryl that he dumped Carol on the side of the road.  Yeah, I'm sure Daryl will understand.  Not sure why Rick thinks he's more valuable than Carol at this point anyway.  She's adapted better to zombieworld than he has.

I love what they did with Carol here, but there is no way in hell Rick made a bad decision here outside of a character you like being gone. Her position wasn't defensible at all.

Sure he made a bad decision, but that's the essence of his character.  This show is the anti-Lost, for some reason nobody can keep their mouth shut.  A typical exchange on Lost, "What did that note say?"  "Nothing".  But on this show, "So, who's gonna tell Daryl we handcuffed his brother to the roof so the zombies can feast on him for the rest of the day?"  Not even a thought of keeping that to themselves.  Same here, Rick could have just kept his mouth shut and blamed somebody who had just died for the murders.  Instead, he will certainly piss Daryl off no matter what story he comes up with.  Which will probably be to tell Daryl that he dumped Carol on the side of the road.  Yeah, I'm sure Daryl will understand.  Not sure why Rick thinks he's more valuable than Carol at this point anyway.  She's adapted better to zombieworld than he has.

Yeah bullshit. If they told Daryl a lie back then, it would have come back on them even worse when they found his brother alive. Carol's decisions proved her untrustworthy and dangerous to the group so no she isn't more valuable to a large group.

It was in the show. Someone has been dropping animal bits leading up to the fence. In the past, they'd get some stragglers up at the fence, but when the Governor lead the assault last season, he noticed all of the zombies roaming around, so the theory is he's trying to fuck with the prison camp by flooding them with zeds.

It was in the show. Someone has been dropping animal bits leading up to the fence. In the past, they'd get some stragglers up at the fence, but when the Governor lead the assault last season, he noticed all of the zombies roaming around, so the theory is he's trying to fuck with the prison camp by flooding them with zeds.

I missed that, but it still doesn't make much sense.

Yeah bullshit. If they told Daryl a lie back then, it would have come back on them even worse when they found his brother alive. Carol's decisions proved her untrustworthy and dangerous to the group so no she isn't more valuable to a large group.

Huh?  Why would they assume they'd find him alive?  He was handcuffed to a roof with zombies knocking down the door.  And how is Carol untrustworthy and dangerous?  She took care of future zombies that were inside the prison.  I'd rather have her than Rick for damn sure.

I don't mind the logic behind Rick's decision. Dude killed his best friend, and had his wife die. It's been established he's been half-insane, and he's not in any position to be, so he's trying to get out of this funk he's been in as fast as possible. Anyone in that situation wouldn't be making the best decisions.

People are forgetting that Shane was going to kill Rick which makes the circumstances vastly different. Carol killed two defenseless people who may or may not have died without her making her executive decision. Who's to say that Carol wouldn't make another decision prematurely that would lead to a major mistake? 

I'm not buying that. It'll be interesting to see what the Governor has been upto. Hopefully we get Governorcentric episode coming up.

I think its the alcoholic doctor baiting the zombies, he said that he was the last survivor of two groups, but he didn't say what happened.

It looked like a white person's hand that was feeding the zombies.

PurosesuFan posted that a few pages back but its pretty good.

Ah. Sorry PuroresuFan.

I've got two episodes to catch up on (#3-4). I'll have to get round to it. Most episodes I've ever had to catch up on, five from the third series. I taped the series finale of that one and taped over it by accident before I watched it.