DVDVR Message Board

The Walking Dead.

The Natural

This fucking show.

If you check Jeffrey Dean Morgan's IMDB page, it lists him as playing Negan in episode 16 of this season.  So if that's correct, they're holding him off until the very end.

Hate to say I told you so, but... The entire next season will be all about Negan and him wrecking their shit, so I'm looking forward to it.

This fucking show.

If you check Jeffrey Dean Morgan's IMDB page, it lists him as playing Negan in episode 16 of this season.  So if that's correct, they're holding him off until the very end.

Hate to say I told you so, but... The entire next season will be all about Negan and him wrecking their shit, so I'm looking forward to it.

Negan walking out of the events of issue 100 would certainly lend to a season finale.

Right, they meet Jesus first, then

Jesus introduces them to the other communities (Hilltop & The Kingdom), where we learn that Negan and the Saviors are running a protection racket. 

It looks like that first part is where we're going next week. 

No way they put Ezekiel in the show with the pet tiger, right?

So it's pretty much confirmed that Negan will debut in the season finale on April 3rd. And they're shooting the Negan scenes in two different ways, as you'd expect. Full on "fuck" bomb dropping Negan, and the more tame FCC approved Negan.

And in either case, if what I think's going to happen happens I'm staying the fuck away from any and all Daryl fangirls.

Oh, and Benny Hill is just perfect for that chase.  I'd have also been amused by the Richonne clip having "Careless Whisper" dubbed over it.

So it's pretty much confirmed that Negan will debut in the season finale on April 3rd. And they're shooting the Negan scenes in two different ways, as you'd expect. Full on "fuck" bomb dropping Negan, and the more tame FCC approved Negan.

You can have all this violence and faces getting stomped in and all that, but you can't say Fuck or show any kind of nudity? American TV is weird, man.

Because nobody has said a curse word at any point in six years of this show, if they actually have Neegan effing and jeffing like a good 'un, it might add impact to his character. Not that he exactly needs added impact, but it'd be nice to do something to say he's not just Governor 2.0.

• Like 1

You can have all this violence and faces getting stomped in and all that, but you can't say Fuck or show any kind of nudity? American TV is weird, man.

Because nobody has said a curse word at any point in six years of this show, if they actually have Neegan effing and jeffing like a good 'un, it might add impact to his character. Not that he exactly needs added impact, but it'd be nice to do something to say he's not just Governor 2.0.

Legally, they can show anything they want. The question is whether they'll lose (1) advertisers or (2) carriage--the number of cable companies running them, and thus the number of homes they're in.  It's still weird to hear people say 'shit' on Adult Swim and FX shows to me, because for 35 years that was an absolute dealbreaker--the conventional wisdom was that either all your advertisers would cancel their contracts out of fear of boycotts, or cable companies would yank the entire channel under a wave of Baptists threatening to cancel THEIR contracts.  The "violence isn't as bad as sex" thing is a long-standing piece of weirdness in American censorship laws, but remember that this country was founded largely on puritans fleeing 17th-century England for being the wrong kind of religiously intolerant.  Consequently, the walls have come down faster on violence than sex. But the CW is still that showing boobs or dropping an F-bomb is a bad idea commercially if you're ad-supported (outside of VERY limited circumstances, usually either 'event' broadcasts of stuff like The Godfather or late-night broadcasts on channels like AXS that nobody notices.)

• Like 1

Abraham damn near stole the show.  Aside from that Bisquick line (which was hilarious) he also had quite the dilemma.  I never got much of an impression that she'd be up for going with him.  I have a feeling if he does what he's going to to do he might get friendzoned.  If that's the case then he'll be surely up shit creek.

As much as I liked the relatively low-key episode last week it sure is nice to see shit starting to get crazy.  Them being naive about The Saviors is going to spell doom for sure.  And for all the rumors about Daryl, I'm sensing at least another main character will go too.  Glenn seems like the obvious answer, but I feel there's somebody else instead that will go and it'll have much more impact.

I was thinking that and that would very much bring the heavy.  But as weird as this sounds would they consider killing a pregnant woman?  People get offended by many things anymore so you never know how they'd react to this.  But it would be something to consider.  I think considering how many love Glenn killing him would be effective.

Maybe we can just have Negan show up on Talking Dead and kill off Chris Hardwick instead

You mean you don't need Hardwick to help talk you down after a very emotional season finale, but only after inflecting his voice a bit just to say "Dead Live" with an attitude?

I don't trust Jesus. I think he's going to end up being evil and turning on the group and feeding them to Negan. I don't think anything is as it seems with The Hilltop and Rick and his group are being duped. I think the compound they attacked and all the people they murdered are not Negan's group and that they are just some other group trying to survive, and that the people at the Hilltop, Jesus, and Negan have completely played "our" group, getting them to murder a bunch of innocent people for them. I also think the women who have taken Maggie and Carol captive are going to end up as not bad people and that they will be a group that is opposing Negan. Also, somebody big from our group has to die soon. Not one of the "big ones"....yet, but somebody like Abraham or the lesbian girl who's name I can't think of. Somebody just below the top tier of characters needs to be offed. And then in the Season Finale, somebody big is biting it, like Glen or Darryl or Michonne.