DVDVR Message Board

The Walking Dead.

The Natural

This fucking show.  Only the writers of this show could make "Alexandria gets overrun by a shit ton of zombies" talky and boring.

And the precious hour-and-a-half episode designed to babyface Morgan and make us understand his mentality?  Didn't work.  I was hoping someone would throw his unconscious ass out the door to the zombies at the end.

"Nee-gan?" Huh, I've been pronouncing it "Neg-an" all this time.

What an underwhelming finale and odd place to end the episode. Until the credits started going, I thought the copy I was watching was incomplete and cut out.

Can't wait for all the Alexandrians to die, what an annoying bunch. Except for Dr. Schmitt's Ex-GF, she can stay.

I've been saying "Nay-gan."  Neegan sounds like a joke.

Walking Dead wikia has it as "Knee-gan"

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Negan_%28Comic_Series%29

Negan (pronounced KNEE-gan)[2] is a main character first introduced in Issue 100 of Image Comics' The Walking Dead and is the former leader of The Saviors and is a primary antagonist in the Comic Series. He uses his authority and resources to subjugate other communities, such as the Hilltop Colony, The Kingdom, and later the Alexandria Safe-Zone, into paying tribute to The Saviors, in exchange for protection against zombies.

• 2 months later...

I thought this was a great episode, though I'm ready for Glenn to finally die. They teased it before, we got upset and accepted it, but then he really wasn't dead, but now I'm over him being there. Him going out saving Maggie's life would've been a great way for him to finally eat it.

That little shitty kid getting ate was surprising and brutal, and then the same with the mom getting chomped down and Rick chopping her hand off to get away. Then, POW, Carl loses his eye. Rick goes crazy and starts slaying zombies on his own. Everybody rallies and they go on a killing spree. I think that moment would've meant a little more if one or two characters had been taken out during the melee. Nobody important. Just random Alexandrians. But some people getting taken out while they're there all trying to fight off the horde would've made it look a little more serious and life threatening.

And before any of that, Darryl just blows away all of those bikers with the missile launcher. Fun moment. Fun episode.

When the kid didn't want to go to the church I knew that was it for him.  I was expecting that while the mom would freak out they'd get her out of there.  I figure with her as a love interest of sorts to Rick they'd keep her around.  But nope, not gonna happen and that's a shame.  The kid ruined it, that's for damn sure.  The other kid was likely going to turn the gun on Rick at some point anyway, just needed a reason for it.  When you first see Carl with the eye I thought that was it for him, but luckily he's gonna be fine.  Crazy episode that had me hooked the whole time.  And I'm a Daryl fan so the bazooka part at the beginning was fantastic.  As was the lake of fire, cool visual.

I just need a little confirmation on this, but was that actually Negan in the beginning or somebody associated with him?  I thought he was supposed to stick around longer and potentially kill off some beloved characters.  And I like what they did with the wolf.  He was a bastard, but his possible change of heart at the end did make me wonder what could have been.  But with all that was done it was too little too late for him.

I would wager you'll see very little of Negan until the final few episodes of the season, then everything goes (even further) to hell in a handbasket. People are going to DIE when he finds out what happened to those bikers. How he discovers it was Daryl & Co. is to be determined, but I think Daryl pulling the trigger on the rocket launcher kind of spells out his fate for the end of the season. He's going to have Lucille stuck in his head by the time the season finale rolls around.

I have this horrible feeling that because Daryl is the one that blew up the bikers, he is going to be the one that meets Lucille at the end of this season. You don't think that Negan will hunt the sumbitch down that blew up his guys? Yeah, he will. I saw an article this week that when the cast got the script for the season finale, every single person felt physically ill. That has Negan written all over it, and if you want to cause buzz for the show, it'll be Daryl getting beat to death, not Glen and their "HE BOUGHT IT! Oh, wait, no he didn't..." thing they have been doing. Seriously, I'm starting to feel like The Violator in Hot Tub Time Machine waiting for McFly/Bellboy's arm to get sliced off every time they tease Glen dying.

I would like to be able to come in this thread and discuss the episode without comic spoilers or speculation/fantasy booking based on future events in the comics, but I guess that ain't going to happen.  For those of you using spoiler boxes, thanks.  

If this was 2 years ago, I would be spoiling Game of Thrones for some of you as revenge.  Since there is practically nothing left to spoil, I guess I will settle for letting you know that you suck.

I just need a little confirmation on this, but was that actually Negan in the beginning or somebody associated with him?

As somebody said, that's not Negan.  Negan's going to be played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan, which should be great.  I HIGHLY doubt Negan will kill any main character the way he killed (this space intentionally left blank) in the comics because the backlash, both to the victim and the way it was done, would be insane.   That scene was legitimately disgusting, worse than anything the show has ever done.

They're doing Carl's effects on the cheap.  In the comics, he loses his eye and a chunk of his skull, but they'd need to greenscreen his face on every episode forward which would probably be cost prohibitive.

875736-SX0L7yfhUwp8PGOy.jpg

See, this whole thing should be in spoilers.  It's speculation based on future events.  Also, while I appreciate you leaving that name out, about 5 other people have spoiled this already.

I guess I'm done with this thread.  You uncivilized shits.

• Like 1

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/02/16/walking-dead-/80451714/#

Cops surround home only to find family watching ‘The Walking Dead’

A Montana family gave their neighbors quite a scare while enjoying a favorite TV show Sunday evening.

A 911 call came in at 7:28 p.m. from a Great Falls neighbor who heard “screaming from a house about someone having a gun,” according to Great Falls Police Department notes from the call. A second caller helped the seven responding officers locate the house.

Great Falls Police Department Sgt. Brian McGraw said the officers surrounded the residence, responding to a disturbance possibly involving a gun.

“We had a whole bunch of guys on that one,” he said.

The call notes say the officers heard “loud talking” from inside the home and observed “flashing lights.”

According to the notes, the officers saw two adults and several children, ages unknown, watching “a show about firearms” with two windows close to the TV opened. Everyone appeared to be OK.

McGraw said he later found out the show was the midseason premiere of AMC’s The Walking Dead, an hour-long drama chronicling life during the zombie apocalypse.

Based on the outcome, no report is required for the call. The call notes do not include what the family had to say about the police response.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Jesus, thankfully my neighbors don't call in my ManCave.  The wife and I like watching movies very loudly out there (In our detached garage).

Who in the fuck watches this show with their kids? I mean, older teenagers maybe, but actual children? Fucking hell.

I watched a lot of crazy shit when I was a kid. I remember seeing Nightmare on Elm Street when I was 5. In any case, the kids in that story could be anywhere from 1-17. I wouldn't doubt it if those kids were like 15 or 16 and the writer called them "children" to spice the story up a bit.