DVDVR Message Board

The Walking Dead.

The Natural

This season was rolling along really well, it seemed like they'd finally cracked it in terms of how to pace things and maintain interest... and then they give us a Sheamus episode. Merry bloody Christmas.

Damn, these writers aren't fucking around as far as burning through plot points go.  I thought they'd drag out Eugene's story, with him keeping up the charade, much longer than they did.

I'm actually enjoying episodes being divided among the three different stories (Abraham's group, Rick's group and Beth at the hospital) as well.  Dwelling on one group could easily become Hershel's Farm all over again.

Also, Doctor Mullet killing the walkers with the firehose was dope.  Physics be damned because if they have the structural integrity of rotten fruit how can they walk?  But still, it looked awesome so fuck it.

So last episode Glenn says to Eugene "I gotta ask, what's up with the hair?" These people have spent ages together now, and do nothing but walk next to each other every day during all daylight hours, then spent all evening sitting around each other…and that question somehow didn't come up within 6 hours of meeting each other? I'd imagine the conversation would be getting pretty dull by day 2 of meeting somebody.

And isn't it really weird that Maggie never vocally wonders about Beth, ever? I had completely forgotten they were even sisters since the show seems to have forgotten that as well.

• Like 2

We hear Darryl explaining what happened to Beth during the montage of them crafting weapons so we can assume Maggie knows. It is odd that they haven't thrown in a line from Maggie talking about missing her or wondering if she is ok...

Last night's episode was solid. Looks like operation save Beth/Carol gets moving in earnest next week.

Yeah, presumably the Bus to Washington crew will return to the Church and we'll get the whole crew united to assault the hospital as the half season finale.

Rick has learned that threats should be eliminated quickly and decisively, lest they come back to bite him on the ass.  He's not fucking around anymore.  As a wise man on another great show once said, "no more half measures."

695.gif

• Like 1

Have you not noticed that they're stealthily trying to make this show have a majority minority cast? If anyone's dying, it's a white person.

It's a fucking TV show, yet by the end all but one of us were at various points of being misty-eyed.  There was the casual wipe of a tear, all the way up to my friend who had a hard time saying anything.

Hardwick was right, those that are the most level-headed ended up going.  Beth reached that point, should have seen it coming.

The actual death would have been sad, but not super sad like with Hershel or others.  But fucking Daryl Dixon crying his eyes out along with the rest amped the sadness factor ten-fold.  Maggie losing it was a tough one also (had to be reminded they were sisters)  Then they show the "In Memoriam" bit on Talking Dead with all that in slow motion and the text that followed.  Son of a bitch. 

Like I said, it's a fucking TV show.  And people might not be down with the shock factor of it all.  But yeah, in that moment it was tough to watch.