DVDVR Message Board

The Walking Dead.

The Natural

And man, this Rick has gotten cold! He beat that guy down in cold blood. Rick from two seasons ago never would've done that. Shows how far he's gone. And judging by some of the other's reactions, I think maybe that will be something that will be explored further in this season. How long will the group stand behind Rick if he keeps getting colder and colder to others in the name of survival?

Yeah, I've only read about the 30 first issues of the comic before life got in the way, but it seemed like the central theme was how does Rick adapt his morals and convictions in a world that he could not possibly have imagined. Rick from episode one would likely view current Rick as someone like the Governor.

I wouldn't say Rick killed Garreth in cold blood. The guy was going to kill and eat him, ate his friend's leg and threatened to eat his baby. I'd say that's a pretty good reason to cave someone's face in with a machete.

Yeah I feel that Gareth and the surviving Terminus treatment of not only Ricks "family" but to other survivors in general is what drove Rick to do what he did. Rick's general feeling is that the remaining humans need to band together to "defeat" the Walkers. throughout the series his beliefs are challenged by people who werent able to keep sane or as sane as Rick has been able to and took to evil ways to survive. He even tells Gareth he won't let him leave because he would do this to anyone. I feel he would've been ok or atleast understood if it was a personal vendetta against Rick and his group.

Also there was discussion on Talking Dead about if Rick is going the way of The General, becoming a ruthless dictater and I don't as Rick might be the leader but unlike The General or Gareth he doesnt have subordinates everybody in his tight nit group or treated with respect and everybody is important, have their own special skill that attributes to the core group and everyones opinion matters.

This was a great episode... SPOILER WARNING:

So, if Carol is in the hands of the hospital bunch, who is that with Daryl? Morgan? They must have had some reason for showing him, but Daryl doesn't know him from Adam and Morgan is batshit crazy so I can't imagine their meeting going very well... So who is it? A new character?

I would guess Daryl has Noah with him, and he's showing up to get reinforcements so they can storm the Hospital later. Whether Carol is legit injured or it's a work to get someone inside, I dunno.

Not sure why Beth wasn't doing more to tell the Hospital people what state the world was in. She was out in the world long enough to know that the was no infrastructure left. Also not sure that one person working a dynamo on an exercise bike occasionally would create as much electricity as they were in the habit of using. Or how they were consistently getting out to the cars unmolested if the city was as overrun as it was in season 1.

Supposedly most of the walkers by this time have exited the cities and moved out into the rural areas.  They partially covered that with the herd in season 2 or 3 from the Governor's helicopter that drew a crowd of walkers out of the city just from the noise generated by a flyby.  

I don't get the part about Beth not telling them how life is outside the hospital.  Maybe they know because they must be traveling pretty far with the car but she should be sharing information with them regarding the prison and other points of interest.

The stories have been pretty solid but disjointed so far.  Terminus should have been longer.

Daryl has managed to lose two women who are supposed to be important to him.  He is getting that Bryan Daniel push.

If Carol starts making out with Rick and he has trouble changing a tire while attempting to get away from walkers, then you can rename it the Zack Ryder push.

I'm struggling with the geography.  It seems that Terminus and this church are somewhere around Macon.  (A guy here at work said that's what he thought from the comics)  So, why are these people driving that far and bringing back people to downtown Atlanta.  Surely, there are people that need help in Jonesboro and East Point?  Btw, they must have filmed that at the real Grady Hospital because it looks like that all the time.

I'm struggling with the geography.  It seems that Terminus and this church are somewhere around Macon.  (A guy here at work said that's what he thought from the comics)  So, why are these people driving that far and bringing back people to downtown Atlanta.  Surely, there are people that need help in Jonesboro and East Point?  Btw, they must have filmed that at the real Grady Hospital because it looks like that all the time.

Comics

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=117944206413941555934.0004723d3ecc55ac63583&dg=feature

TV show

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=207359767003592801519.000496a3cdd937ab6cb68&msa=0&dg=feature

How were the guts on top of the fire truck so fresh?

My wife got me Compendiums 1 & 2 for Christmas last year, and ever since they introduced Eugene, I have been WAITING to say something about him, and now it's out in the open.  THANK GOD.

Talking Dead last night was one of the funniest shows we had seen in a long time.  Abraham and Eugene have a great natural chemistry.

I feel those two kinda let a couple of things out of the bag last night, but I'm not gonna say.

My wife was freaked by Gale Ann Hurd's black eyes.  No, not bruised, as in:  no color.

Next week:  yeah, that body WAS Beth sized, but I'm pretty sure it isn't.

Yeah that fire truck apparently walked on up the road to join in the final scene.

So Abraham the stock military character has the stock background story too.

I did enjoy Eugene's confession, but it really feels like someone should have seen it coming. The audience seemed to.

So what is the gameplan now? Onward to DC with the hope it is secure? Back to rejoin Rick and company? Roadtrippin' to Florida???