DVDVR Message Board

The Walking Dead.

The Natural

Anyone here subscribe to the theory that Bob was a member of Terminus sent out to bring back people to eat? He was the last in that line at the trough so there wouldn't have been anyone left before they cut him loose. Maybe he had become connected to the group/Sasha and he was feeling regret about what he had become before his time with the group.

Also, I'm assuming the priest had locked himself inside the church out of fear and wouldn't let the parishioners in when they needed help.  

Anyone here subscribe to the theory that Bob was a member of Terminus sent out to bring back people to eat? He was the last in that line at the trough so there wouldn't have been anyone left before they cut him loose. Maybe he had become connected to the group/Sasha and he was feeling regret about what he had become before his time with the group.

Also, I'm assuming the priest had locked himself inside the church out of fear and wouldn't let the parishioners in when they needed help.  

Well I don't think the writers of the show plan that far ahead...Bob's been around for a while.

Point 2:

You got it. Well, that's how it went in the comics, anyway.

• Like 1

I actually think Bob is part of the group that tried to overtake Terminus in the beginning.  He said he'd been a part of two groups that were gone now. 

• Like 1

I couldn't place where I'd seen the actor playing the priest before. For a second, I thought it was Johnathon Coachman. But he was another Wire guy, wasn't he?

If Bob wasn't crying because he was bitten, why was he? And, in the time it takes to knock a guy out, tourniquet his leg up, cut it off, and cook it over an open flame, why didn't anyone notice he was missing? I mean, the amount of heat it would take to cook that much meat through, that's a very big, very visible at night fire you're talking about.

So, at what point does the Walking Dead surpass The Kill Point as the show that used the most Wire alumni? Has it already?

If they ever go to Baltimore or New York, could we get a Richard Belzer cameo as Zombie Munch? He has to extend that record (of playing the same character in lots of different shows).

I don't know what's gone on behind the scenes, but this show has really kicked it into another gear this season. I find myself actively looking forward to every new episode and anticipating the next. I don't think I've felt that way at any other point in the series aside from maybe anticipating a season finale or something similar.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's like they've finally hit upon a formula that works... instead of having seasons with boring episodes where nothing happens, they've got more of a sustained tension thing going on, and they have actually given the characters an end game to aim for.

I still think the people in the alternate universe where Walking Dead was one movie without a sequel and Zombieland is a weekly TV series got the better deal though. Just not by as much as they did have.

Yeah, it's funny how everybody thought that Terminus was going to be the new farm or prison where most of the season was set there. But then Rick and Co blew through them in the first ep. Then everybody thought that the remaining Terminus guys were going to be the new Governer and be the Big Bads of the season, but they were wiped out in no time in this last ep. So is the entire season going to be them trying to get to DC and just plowing over anybody who gets in their way?

Also, I didn't like there was almost no reaction or issues or drama with Glen and Maggie leaving Rick/the group. Glen was the first guy Rick ever met in this new world. Nex to Darryl, Glen is right up there as Rick's main General. And he leaves with just a "it's not your decision"? No enough build up or impact to that moment.

And man, this Rick has gotten cold! He beat that guy down in cold blood. Rick from two seasons ago never would've done that. Shows how far he's gone. And judging by some of the other's reactions, I think maybe that will be something that will be explored further in this season. How long will the group stand behind Rick if he keeps getting colder and colder to others in the name of survival?

• Like 1

Yeah, it's funny how everybody thought that Terminus was going to be the new farm or prison where most of the season was set there. But then Rick and Co blew through them in the first ep. Then everybody thought that the remaining Terminus guys were going to be the new Governer and be the Big Bads of the season, but they were wiped out in no time in this last ep.

It's awesome when the people who run shows learn from criticism.  The Hershel's Farm season, where it seems like every episode revolved around whether Carl was in the house and if not, why not, was such a  low point.  A lot of people hated the show for that and it seems like they've learned because, as you said, they're burning through plot points they would have dragged out in prior seasons.

What I like about them not dragging out the plot points this season is that they're still building and developing characters despite the constant changing scenery. It doesn't feel like 1999 WWF where nothing is getting a chance to breathe. So far, seems like they've reached a happy medium.

I think they are moving a bit too fast.  Terminus and afterwards could have been seven or eight episodes and not dragged on.  We really got no backstory except that they are cannibals and bad people.  Then, boom gone.

There should be a mix between slow and fast.  The prison was slow for a good reason.  In their hope to try and hang onto what little humanity is left they found a spot and it lulled them into a false sense of security making the Governor even more evil.

They are searching for their lost humanity and when they find it they should go slow in those moments.  It makes them more special in the end.

And man, this Rick has gotten cold! He beat that guy down in cold blood. Rick from two seasons ago never would've done that. Shows how far he's gone. And judging by some of the other's reactions, I think maybe that will be something that will be explored further in this season. How long will the group stand behind Rick if he keeps getting colder and colder to others in the name of survival?

Yeah, I've only read about the 30 first issues of the comic before life got in the way, but it seemed like the central theme was how does Rick adapt his morals and convictions in a world that he could not possibly have imagined. Rick from episode one would likely view current Rick as someone like the Governor.

I wouldn't say Rick killed Garreth in cold blood. The guy was going to kill and eat him, ate his friend's leg and threatened to eat his baby. I'd say that's a pretty good reason to cave someone's face in with a machete.

Yeah I feel that Gareth and the surviving Terminus treatment of not only Ricks "family" but to other survivors in general is what drove Rick to do what he did. Rick's general feeling is that the remaining humans need to band together to "defeat" the Walkers. throughout the series his beliefs are challenged by people who werent able to keep sane or as sane as Rick has been able to and took to evil ways to survive. He even tells Gareth he won't let him leave because he would do this to anyone. I feel he would've been ok or atleast understood if it was a personal vendetta against Rick and his group.

Also there was discussion on Talking Dead about if Rick is going the way of The General, becoming a ruthless dictater and I don't as Rick might be the leader but unlike The General or Gareth he doesnt have subordinates everybody in his tight nit group or treated with respect and everybody is important, have their own special skill that attributes to the core group and everyones opinion matters.