DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Secret Time - 5/13/2019 (SPOILERS)

Dolfan in NYC

Starting this early because I'm busy later.   Also, Bray's learned how to use twitter and can barely contain himself.

I'm going to be so disappointed when he just turns back into the guy we didn't care about 3 months ago.

Here are the taping results from London:

Spoiler

* RAW opens with a special international edition of MizTV. The Miz hypes his cage match with Shane McMahon at WWE Money In the Bank, then introduces his guest Roman Reigns. Reigns is quickly interrupted by Elias and his guitar. This also brings out Shane. Elias faces off with Reigns and Miz until Bobby Lashley comes from the side and helps Elias attack. Shane announces Lashley and Elias vs. Miz and Reigns for tonight

* The Miz and Roman Reigns defeated Elias and Bobby Lashley by DQ due to interference from Shane McMahon. After the match, Reigns lays Shane out and Miz fights the others off with a steel chair

* There’s a lengthy video package for AJ Styles vs. Seth Rollins at Money In the Bank

* Shane McMahon has called Braun Strowman to his office. Sami Zayn is already in there complaining. Shane makes Strowman vs. Zayn and if Sami wins, he will get Braun’s spot at MITB

* Mojo Rawley squashed Apollo Crews

* Nikki Cross is backstage with her new gimmick. She’s almost timid, very calm unlike before. She will be replacing Alexa Bliss in the Fatal 4 Way

* Charlotte Flair, Lacey Evans and RAW & SmackDown Women’s Champion Becky Lynch are out for the double contract signing for MITB. Lynch received a very loud reaction for her entrance and various pops for her promo. Flair received the “What?!” treatment during her promo and there wasn’t much interest in Evans either. The segment ended with Flair and Evans putting Becky through a table

* Baron Corbin defeated Ricochet

* Backstage segment with Cesaro and Rey Mysterio fighting after Cesaro insulted Rey’s son

* Nikki Cross defeated Dana Brooke, Naomi, and Natalya. Cross was the replacement for Alexa Bliss in this match and she returned to her old gimmick with the usual moves

* Rey Mysterio defeated Cesaro

* Backstage with The Revival cutting promos. They say they are done with being embarrassed and they are out to redeem. They challenge The Usos to a match

* Bray Wyatt hosts another Firefly Fun House segment to tease Bray Wyatt’s upcoming return to the ring

* Sami Zayn defeated Braun Strowman. Per the stipulation, Sami takes Braun’s place in the Money In the Bank Ladder Match on Sunday. Sami needed help from Baron Corbin, Drew McIntyre and a steel chair. Strowman came back after the match and slammed Sami through the announce table to end RAW

• Sad 1

Spoiler

Why in the hell am I forced to believe that somehow Samoa Joe might be Dominick's father?  In what timeline did they know each other?  Also, why in hell is Corbin beating Ricochet?  None of this is making me give a damn about the product again.

• Like 1

Nikki being normal was so odd, but she at least still seems to be wrestling like she is a maniac so I'm not going to complain too much. The 4-way was actually pretty fun, and it was nice to see Cross win. Will be interesting to see if this relationship with Alexa becomes a thing beyond this episode.

The contract signing was what you expect. They might as well have just let Charlotte do that powerbomb on her own. I suspect it would have looked better if they had.

Cesaro/Rey was a neat segment and a good match.

I assume Bray's segment is supposed to be his new in ring persona. Not sure what to think of it yet until we see it in action. 

Sami/Braun was good fun. I like Braun, but I'm glad Sami took his place in the MITB match. I assume if Sami wins Braun will constantly be there to keep him from cashing in.

This was a decent show that would have been even better an hour shorter.

How hard would it have been to throw together a Bate/Dunne match or something along those lines?  Just to be a little different than your average Raw, get a massive pop, etc.

6 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

I'd take Corbin more seriously if he dressed like a wrestler. I miss "go back to ROH" Corbin.

I actually thought Baron Corbin:Hater of Indies gimmick had legs.  

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, D.Z said:

D6eV3pBXsAAFrGR?format=jpg&name=small

So it looks like it’s modeled after The Joker from Death of The Family.

joker-new-52.jpg

I’m not a fan of this whatsoever. I really liked what they were doing with Bray, and what they were doing with this PBS Workshop thing. I thought the ultimate goal was to have him debut where he’d have moments where he’d relapse into a darker persona in matches, and feuds.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, caley said:

With NXT at the time being flooded with indie guys it would have stood out and been easy heel heat. Now he's another main roster guy. Without contrast no one stands out. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, caley said:

He would have been the perfect long term heel NXT champion.

Imagine the heat he would have had cheating to keep the title against the 'indy darlings' that kept rolling in all while talking about being groomed for the main roster, how he was gonna be the face of WWE's future etc.

I wanted them to do the same thing with Eva Marie and turn them into the power couple of NXT.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, notoriusvig said:
  Hide contents

Why in the hell am I forced to believe that somehow Samoa Joe might be Dominick's father?  In what timeline did they know each other?  

Spoiler

In defense, there is a linear Custody of Dominick out there, so it's possible for Samoa Joe to beat the current linear Dominick's father.