DVDVR Message Board

E3 2019 THREAD

RIPPA

17 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Re: Psychonauts 2 - Oh wonderful, I was already a little concerned at the end when we didn't see what systems ?

Edit: Doublefine says it's on PS4 on Twitter

In the video that Tim Schafer did - they said they would be fulfilling all crowd funding commitments

Again - we all know the history of video game folks fulfilling crowd funding commitments so yeah

• Like 1

I freely admit I am the only person excited about this but for some reason the original trilogy games getting redone makes me very happy.

Enough that I will actually play through I, II and III also.

• Like 1

PC show was... okay at best. A ton of cinematic trailers that didn't show a hell of a lot. Warframe just basically was there to tell people to watch TennoCon. I was pretty surprised no Phoenix Point was shown given the Epic Games sponsorship. Borderlands 3 already showed everything they were going to show at that big event a few weeks ago where every streamer alive got to stream the game for 2 hours. Some of the smaller games looked neat but we didn't really get a ton about any of them.

I backed Starmancer on kickstarter at some point last year and it looks like it could be quite fun.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I freely admit I am the only person excited about this but for some reason the original trilogy games getting redone makes me very happy.

Enough that I will actually play through I, II and III also.

I'll be playing it too. Always had a soft spot for Lego games and this looks fun. 

So I saw that Limited Run Games has a Twitch stream going on now and considering the love it's gotten here figured to share the link.  https://www.twitch.tv/limitedrungames  But right now they're playing a Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid which i didn't know existed.  From what I see so far I like it so I may have to pick this up at some point.

36 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

They haven't even got to whatever the Marvel property will turn out to be and Square Enix already has the E3 win on lockdown.

Yeah, that's a damn great show they put on with a lot of killer stuff. Still curious about what Nintendo brings but this plus a hot crowd equals good times. 

7 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

So I saw that Limited Run Games has a Twitch stream going on now and considering the love it's gotten here figured to share the link.  https://www.twitch.tv/limitedrungames  But right now they're playing a Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid which i didn't know existed.  From what I see so far I like it so I may have to pick this up at some point.

I was really turned off by their presentation.  Two guys making nerd jokes in front of an auditorium filled with cardboard cutouts and one geeky fan?  Oh, and cheap looking fx?  Pass.  I felt like they were representing a gaming stereotype that's really out of step with he modern demographic.  Or their customer base is 90% neckbeard.  One or the other.

I'll still be giving them a lot of my money.  Their Switch and (especially) Vita lineup isn't as good as I'd hoped for, but still a lot of gems there.  I'm a little burned out on 16-bit indy metroidvania's I've never heard of, though.

The LucasArts deal is a huge thing for them.  Probably won't buy any of the Star Wars remasters, but it opens the door for other LucasArt games to be remastered.  I think that snippet of music to close the trailer was from Monkey Island, not Star Wars.  Though I just bought a perfectly serviceable remaster/remake of the first two Monkey Island games for PS3, so...

I wonder if Mother 3 is on the way.  They joked about not having Mother 3 or Star Wars at the beginning of the stream, then delivered Star Wars 40 min later.

Not sure I'm as excited for anything they showed as I am for Oddworld: Abe's Oddyssee - New and Tasty, which goes on sale for PS3 this week.

• Like 1

They also talked about it for 20 plus minutes without actually saying something of substance.

That part with the 2 devs pointing at a character's icon and saying "do you like that green guy that's big and strong... THE HULK!?!?!?!?"

What.

• Like 1