DVDVR Message Board

E3 2019 THREAD

RIPPA

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

WE ARE HIP! WE KNOW WHO BILLIE ELLISH IS!!!

We were just talking here at work about the over / under of a Billie Eilish song showing up in a game trailer or a movie trailer.

I thought that You Should See Me In A Crown would turn up in some club scene, but I was wrong.

Edited by J.T.

Re: Psychonauts 2 - Oh wonderful, I was already a little concerned at the end when we didn't see what systems ?

Edit: Doublefine says it's on PS4 on Twitter

Edited by christopher.annino

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

And the Blair Witch game can go fuck itself

So, do you save your game progress by saying the word "fuck" as often as you can, or do you do it by standing in a corner and hitting RT?.

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

So, do you save your game progress by saying the word "fuck" as often as you can, or do you do it by standing in a corner and hitting RT?.

Aren't we about 15 years too late for a Blair Witch game, or is there a reboot I'm unaware of?

It doesn’t look that bad. The good thing about Blair Witch is that the horror is so mysterious that it’s perfect for the P.T. style game they are making.

It’s crazy to look back now, and realize that the game(PT) that inspired these hyper realistic FPS horror games probably wasn’t even going to represent the full game that they were working on.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Just now, Death From Above said:

Bethesda having to open with Blades really highlights that there is absolutely no reason for them to be here at all this year.

Just because you don't care about Bethesda outside of the main ES/FO games or Starfield doesn't mean they don't have anything others care about.

Just now, Eivion said:

Just because you don't care about Bethesda outside of the main ES/FO games or Starfield doesn't mean they don't have anything others care about.

Are you seriously quote-tweeting me to get on a soapbox about a company having nothing to show so they opened a fucking E3 conference with a mobile game update? Go away.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Are you seriously quote-tweeting me to get on a soapbox about a company having nothing to show so they opened a fucking E3 conference with a mobile game update? Go away.

If they have nothing you care about then why are you even watching?

10 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

I guess you missed that they're making a Switch version of Blades and that it's going to be crossplay with the mobile version...

(And yes, I care because I play the mobile version)

So far it's been:

- A moblie game update

- Adding a BR to Fallout 76, because sure, that will help

- An actual good looking new IP trailer-wise, but no gameplay yet. Still interesting

- ESO update. Again, all cutscene, zero gameplay, but I think at this point everyone knows what ESO is so that's fine.

- A second mobile game

The presentation has been fine, aside from the super-obvious plants in the audience.

Adding BR, human NPCs, new story content, and other stuff to Fallout 76.

Ghostwire looks really interesting.

New updates for ESO.

Also, Rage 2 updates. Plus, the key piece of this, Doom Eternal, hasn't even been shown yet.

Oh, and new Wolfenstein.

Edited by Craig H

I have mostly contempt for the two conferences so far, so instead I'll share the two things I did not experience as "fuck me they want me dead"

-I'm in on the From Software game even though I am yet to successfully beat any of them.

-I do appreciate that in the year where Ubisoft is trying to pass off centrism (which I find is a VERY kind way to describe their stance) as maturity, the Wolfenstein people are like "OK Y'ALL HERE'S HOW YOU CAN KILL THE NAZIS IN VR, OH AND ALSO HERE'S OUR GAME ABOUT TWIN SISTERS KILLING NAZIS IN THE ALTERNATE FUTURE-PAST, IT'S GONNA RULE YOU CAN BASH THE FASC WITH A FRIEND WOOOOO". I don't like playing those games, but I love the people who make them and wish them continued success.

Also, a special note on Bethesda: I am not the first person to make this connection, but of course the publisher who black lists people over negative coverage and stopped giving out review copies to the press and masked it as wanting to ensure players would experience the game at the same time? Of COURSE they would invite a ton of shills and then turn the crowd mics up. They're trying to breed Influencer Fealty.

oh btw on the youtube stream a bunch of weird music started playing during the rage 2 stuff that was like the wii shop music and the Undertale Song, anybody else hear that

Edited by Lamp, broken circa 1988