DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 10/11/13

victor

I've been battling exhaustion and a cold so I dozed off during ADR/Sandow  (NOT indicative of the match, as I was enjoying it), but I don't get these angles where three heels all blast each other. What are they thinking?

Del Rio, a heel, won't kiss Vickie, a heel. So she mocks him and gets babyface pops...then out comes Sandow, a heel, kisses Vickie's ass, and she puts him in a match with ADR to punish ADR, the heel. Yet all of them are still heels...until the match, when the fans are simultaneously booing Sandow while chanting USA! to piss off Del Rio. This is just silly booking...especially when there's several babyfaces in the back that both of them could've smacked around while both being heels claiming they are best representative of being World Champion. Or shit, book them as a team against Los Matadores (instead of random fucks in shitty masks), so that the heels have a reason to not get along, while simultaneously making the  new tag team look credible when they beat two top heels. 

Can someone explain 3MB to me? How many are they, what the name means, are they good, etc.

3MB means Three Man Band. The team consists of Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre, and Jinder Mahal. The name derives from when Slater was calling himself The One Man Band. I, personally, have not got to see too many of their matches, myself. So, as far as personality wise, I couldn't tell you and matchwise, the best that I have gathered from other people's opinions is that they are the 2013 version of the Mulkey Brothers. Jobbers who take insane bumps for our entertainment.

3MB means Three Man Band. The team consists of Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre, and Jinder Mahal. The name derives from when Slater was calling himself The One Man Band. I, personally, have not got to see too many of their matches, myself. So, as far as personality wise, I couldn't tell you and matchwise, the best that I have gathered from other people's opinions is that they are the 2013 version of the Mulkey Brothers. Jobbers who take insane bumps for our entertainment.

So you're saying they should recruit Dolph Ziggler?

Can someone explain 3MB to me? How many are they, what the name means, are they good, etc.

For a while it seemed like they had air guitar champion gimmicks, but one time they tweet-threatened to subject the RAW audience to a concert that may or may not have involved instruments.  It never happened.

If the Santino "snake charmer" match is to be believed, Jinder can play the flute, so I imagine they would have sounded like Jethro Tull. 

They did some hilarious VH1 Behind the Music esque vignettes when they first got together that are well worth tracking down.

But, WWE clearly doesn't intend to have them do anything but make other people look good.  Which Heath Slater is great at.

Thanks guys.

3MB stands for "Three Man Band." It's this odd pairing of heel JTTS guys who decided to become a rock band we never actually see play.Heath Slater came up in the first incarnation of NXT. He was a member of a stable known as The Nexus (we'll cover that for you another time) and after its demise, transformed into a heel jobber-to-the-stars. He's on the short list of best jobbers of all-time. He's completely committed to humiliating himself and putting dudes over. His nickname was "The One Man Southern Rock Band" and he's the leader of this stable.

Drew McIntyre is the long-haired dude. He's from Scotland. A few years ago, he looked like he could have been the next big thing and had a lot of really, really good matches. But he battled a bunch of injuries and who knows what else happened and ended up joining 3MB just to give him something to do. He's pretty funny in this role.Jindar Mahal came up as a rich, pompous anti-American sort. He wasn't going anywhere and was pretty crummy. He joined 3MB and in a promo announced that he was "the funny one."They're just a heel comedy stable. They're pretty funny at the role. I think they've lost about 45 times to Kane.

I just saw the main event. I am the biggest mark for both those teams. That was a friggin' great match. It felt like a great test run for what's to come if The Rhodes Boys get past The Shield and they have the Wyatts chase the belts.

I loved Bray's creepy opening weirdo promo. I love the sly Biblical reference to him wanting to baptize people -- "Come on in. The water's fine." Awesome beginning when Dustin and Rowan paired up, with Golddust completely bugged out by a guy in a sheep's mask.Erik Rowan looked REAL good in this, I thought. I don't think it was a surprise that the greenest dude on the roster got to control a heat segment with one of the handful of best workers of all-time. It's the Roman Reigns formula -- take a greed dude, put him in with great workers, and watch him improve. Dustin made him look like a million bucks. I loved him clean snatching Dustin from the floor, the ragdoll bear hug, the claw toss and his crazed look with Dustin's paint on his face. The end sequence was great. Harper's running boot corner bump is an absolutely insane signature bump. He's done that a few times -- that guy is a HUGE dude and is agile enough to do that bump. Cody's dive was great. I loved Bray's reactions leading to Harper getting control on Cody. Harper's clothesline was super nasty. Good ending with a now-veteran Cody rolling up the crazed backwoods dude.This was really good. I'll watch the rest later but loved it.

Jinder's the funny one.

Do you mean funny haha or funny peculiar?

It was actually really funny. They were doing an interview when they first got together and Jinder says "I'm the funny one" in a monotone and a total stone face, and they waited a few seconds as he looked at the camera emotionless before moving on.

So you're saying they should recruit Dolph Ziggler?
Sure why not. Then have an angle where Ziggler starts trying to take over the leadership role from Slater and tension between the team starts happening. But please dear Lord do not start this right way. Let this angle come about down the line.

Thanks guys.

3MB stands for "Three Man Band." It's this odd pairing of heel JTTS guys who decided to become a rock band we never actually see play.Heath Slater came up in the first incarnation of NXT. He was a member of a stable known as The Nexus (we'll cover that for you another time) and after its demise, transformed into a heel jobber-to-the-stars. He's on the short list of best jobbers of all-time. He's completely committed to humiliating himself and putting dudes over. His nickname was "The One Man Southern Rock Band" and he's the leader of this stable.Drew McIntyre is the long-haired dude. He's from Scotland. A few years ago, he looked like he could have been the next big thing and had a lot of really, really good matches. But he battled a bunch of injuries and who knows what else happened and ended up joining 3MB just to give him something to do. He's pretty funny in this role.Jindar Mahal came up as a rich, pompous anti-American sort. He wasn't going anywhere and was pretty crummy. He joined 3MB and in a promo announced that he was "the funny one."They're just a heel comedy stable. They're pretty funny at the role. I think they've lost about 45 times to Kane.
Thank you Greg for elaborating. This is pretty much what I wanted to say but I didn't have the memory to do so.

Jinder's the funny one.

It was actually really funny. They were doing an interview when they first got together and Jinder says "I'm the funny one" in a monotone and a total stone face, and they waited a few seconds as he looked at the camera emotionless before moving on.

http://www.wwe.com/videos/go-behind-the-music-with-3mb-raw-oct-29-2012-26064525

Drew is pretty great in this too.

• Like 1

Jinder's the funny one.

It really was just an amazingly funny moment.

I hope Rhodes-Wyatt's isn't just a one time deal, I'd love an extended feud especially to get Dusty-Bray going back and forth, that would be magical. Plus it'd be way more interesting than sticking Kane with with the Wyatt's for another few months

Divas match wasn't the train wreck I heard it was.

Sad they didn't stick Los Locales in the Conquistadors outfits, we know they have them laying around; or at least Dos Hombres 

• Like 1

Jinder's the funny one.

It really was just an amazingly funny moment.

Jinder knows the golden rule of spoofing. Play it completely straight.

• Like 1

Rhodes vs wyatt family - one step closer to the introduction of kevin sullivan as wyatts mentor

GOD YES

actually fuck the wyatts, have sullivan and lewin ritualistically murder every jobber on the roster

not figuratively