DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 10/11/13

victor

Rhodes vs wyatt family - one step closer to the introduction of kevin sullivan as wyatts mentor

I was thinking about this last week. Bray's grand daddy is Blackjack Mulligan and Blackjack had a big feud with Sullivan. Bray Wyatt has turned his back on his family and has become Kevin Sullivan's spiritual adopted son. It's a shame they would never explore his character that much, because Bray meeting up with Grandpa Kevin Sullivan needs to happen.

So reading around some dirt sheets and apparently this was the start to a Sandow face turn.Lemme just say...ew.

What exactly is supposed to be likable about Sandow's character?

He's very polite, always says "You're welcome!"

Sandow's face turn...sorta thing sure came out of nowhere, but at least gives him some upward mobility. The knee injury coming back was a bit odd since it didn't affect him at all on Raw, which was pointed out there and here. Rhodes-Wyatts was fine, but felt like a Main Event main event instead of an SD one. Flying bulldog from Dustin was easily the best thing on the show. I did like Cody bringing Booker's slingshot sunset flip out of the corner back though. Very skippable show, but worth skimming through for things like wacky signs, Khali ruining the PTPs dance, and Renee's dress matching Goldust's gear.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/10/sd-10-11-13.html

Screens -

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/0es7og1bft8eu7hd2ly0kixby2hx7j27

I would be happy with an hour of Rhodes vs. Wyatt Family. But what's with the ineffectual masked tagteam, what is this, 1988? I'm sure that the Thunderfoots or Cruel Connection could use the work.

Oh and looks like WWE is up to their old tricks. I was wondering where Kaitlyn was and now she shows up randomly in a feud she's not involved in and takes the fall. I bet someone WRONGLY thinks she needs to lose weight..

Or it could be that Brie is the chick pushed as the top face of the titties this month. Unless Trish or Lita was involved, the WWE in the last 15 years has really never bothered to showcased more than two women in fueds at a time on a show. Or it could be that the only thing Kaitlyn is good for is her spears and Diva matches are THAT short, mostly.

I actually thought Rowan looked fine last night. I've seen enough of him in NXT too to realize the problem. The guy can't brawl at all and that was how he debuted on WWE TV. He's perfectly fine in long heat segments and has fairly interesting offensive that he executes well enough with perfectly acceptable timing. Put him in a brawl and he's the drizzling shits though.

Watching Smackdown for the first time in years and years.

If Michael Cole says "this could be it" for nearfalls that are not the finish this often all the time, watching WWE must be insanely fucking boring now.

Yeah spot on, mildly repetitive commentary makes all the great matches we've had on free TV this year seem really dull.