DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Dominion 2019

Raziel

I really wonder if Umino is even going to get an excursion? Just move him up the card already.

Also, it kinda feels like Mox has to make some announcement here? Otherwise him opening show here sounds a bit pointless in grand scheme of things.

Someone needs to challenge him for the Dallas show, or at least he needs to challenge someone. Suzuki has tweeted at him, so that's one option. I'm assuming New Japan would not have put the US title on him if he couldn't work that show, and anyway the idea has always been for that belt to highlight stateside shows.

40 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

Someone needs to challenge him for the Dallas show, or at least he needs to challenge someone. Suzuki has tweeted at him, so that's one option. I'm assuming New Japan would not have put the US title on him if he couldn't work that show, and anyway the idea has always been for that belt to highlight stateside shows.

I wonder what AEW thinks about all this. I saw reports that they are not sure if they should acknowledge his title on their shows or not. But if Mox ends up wrestling on NJPW's USA shows? Things can get weird.

Another interesting thing that I noticed, it probably means nothing, but lets speculate. In his post match interview he said "thank you for giving back my freedom". In another article Meij said that they made the deal before AEW. So this has me wondering, is NJPW the reason why Mox left WWE? And AEW was just a lucky coincidence? And well, if this is true then I Imagine that NJPW made a deal with Mox for USA exposure and not for ticket sales in Japan.

He said he'd be focusing on AEW next year and that this year he's going to try a lot of different things out. Sounds like he'll be working more njpw this year and who knows about next. 

• Thanks 1

Unrelated: Goto isn't on this show, and hasn't been around for a while. He tweeted a "sad walking away down an empty road" tweet in late May, and then... kinda just gone. Is he hurt? Is he actually being repackaged, somewhat? Will he be brought back with no explanation and no change? (Probably.)

Maybe he will challenge Moxley. Maybe Umino will roll up Moxley, get destroyed in Dallas, then stick around for his excursion to pay off crippling medical bills.

In any case, yeah, you don't bring in Moxley to increase business in Japan (even if he might); you do it to capitalize on his consistently high profile in WWE, so soon after he was on tv.

Other things: Is there any chance Jericho actually wins? I don't think so, but I suspect he wants some degree of protection, preceding his (likely) AEW title win.

Ibushi can't possible beat Naito three times in a row, right?

42 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

Other things: Is there any chance Jericho actually wins? I don't think so, but I suspect he wants some degree of protection, preceding his (likely) AEW title win.

Isn't he facing Page for the title? If anything, Jericho has to be brought down for that match to be believable.

This close to the G1, Zero chance Jericho wins.  If he was gonna drop it back in Australia, then maybe.  But Jericho's not working a G1, they're not having the Champ not in the G1, and there's no place for him to drop the belt back.  Also, not going to keep the champ out of the G1 when they're pushing the story of Naito wanting to win both belts at once, and Naito/Okada is the best way to get that. 

If the political implications weren't so tricky I'd love it if Omega got involved with the Jericho/Okada match. He's got one of those contracts that lets him do NJPW shows, and look what the other guys who are known to have that kind of contract are doing tomorrow. I know that AEW and NJPW don't have an "official" partnership - but that's bullshit, yes they do.

16 hours ago, Beech27 said:

Maybe he will challenge Moxley. Maybe Umino will roll up Moxley, get destroyed in Dallas, then stick around for his excursion to pay off crippling medical bills.

I’m actually surprised nobody’s done an angle like this yet. Seems high concept for a Japanese excursion but a British wrestler stranded in the US would make a fun gimmick. (Heel or Face would depend on the state.)