DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Dominion 2019

Raziel

That Moxley video was great. I've been pretty checked out of wrestling (well, everything in life, tbh) due to some mental health stuff and Moxley's departure from WWE is one of the few things that is drawing me back in so I'm very excited to see what a G1 run looks like for him. 

• Like 3

I’m not as down on Jerichos performance as everyone else, I found the time flew by in the match and they were both smart enough working to Jerichos limitations that it never felt close to falling apart.

But perhaps it’s also from having the bar set absurdly low for old timer performances by Taker and Goldberg...

Elsewhere on the card, I concur with never wanting to see anything like that Ibushi apron bump ever again. He’s a flake, he wants Naito to purposely try to cripple him, whatever the motivation. Save the man from himself. 

14 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

That Moxley video was great. I've been pretty checked out of wrestling (well, everything in life, tbh) due to some mental health stuff and Moxley's departure from WWE is one of the few things that is drawing me back in so I'm very excited to see what a G1 run looks like for him. 

Hang in there bud

• Like 3

Lots of fun action from this Dominion card. I completely disagree on the Jericho-hate.  Really digging his heel act and very much liked this match.  Note, I'd read a 3 1/2 rating so my expectations were in check, but would've been regardless.  The Ibushi-Naito head bumps - boo.  But tons of fun throughout.  My re-interest thru AEW has brought me to NJPW.  Tho, I wasn't as in to the BOSJ tourney as much as others, this NJPW card was fun.  That said, I wish they would Sell the moves.  Already overly tired of the big move, gets back up, charging offence.     

On 6/10/2019 at 5:47 PM, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Moxley gets unfairly judged based off the majority of his WWE run, he was one of my favorite people to watch upto the first Shield split even his developmental run was enjoyable to me. I love that his look is the polar opposite of his Dean Ambrose look with the traditional tights. He just seems so refreshed and genuinely into his work now. I'm more excited about seeing him work NJPW than AEW right now although I'd like to see him work Dustin.

Add to the fact they got KENTA and SHINGO now, I could live off just NJPW world for my Wrestling, I been thinking about stopping my WWE Network subscription but I never missed a TakeOver and I am into NXTUK too and even though I don't watch the weekly TV, the WWE PPVs more often than not deliver but the way I work it's a chore for me to try to keep up with more than one Promotion and when I do its has to be a major show. People were talking like they wanted New Japan to ditch ROH for AEW but the managed to keep access to Jericho and Omega and now they got Moxley. The ROH talent they use fit NJPW better than alot of the AEW talent anyway 

I disagree about excursion. People still have hopes about Kawato because nobody watches undercard CMLL matches. Evil as well was very underwhelming during his excursion. If they got national TV exposure at that time then their careers would be pretty much over before they even properly started.

I thought Okada/Jericho was very enjoyable, good main event. Dug the finish too, having multiple ways to win is always nice. Jericho's post-match promo threatening to show up in the G1 too was great. Loved Ospreay/Dragon, thought both guys looked great there and had just the right amount of crazy to it without feeling like overkill.

• Like 1

I'm of the belief you should once in a while tinker with the formulas of match structure/finish, just to keep fans on their toes, and to let them know that the things they expect aren't always guaranteed.  Okada winning with a roll-up is great, as would be ending a match before a hot tag a couple times a year.

Fans would probably be upset in the short-term, but it would pay off in the long-term.

• Like 3

He had quite a bit of swelling, but Charlton translated/said that he was ok. 

Kind of an aside: if more people watched NOAH, there would (rightly) be an uproar about Kotoge shoot headbutting until his own eyes are bloodshot. (Kenoh does them too much also.)