DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Dominion 2019

Raziel

Dominion 

6/9, Osaka-jo Hall, Osaka

MAIN EVENT: IWGP Heavyweight Championship

"Rainmaker" Kazuchika Okada (CHAOS) (c) vs. Chris Jericho (AEW)

IWGP Intercontinental Championship

Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito (Los Ingobernables de Japon)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship

Draong Lee (CMLL) (c) vs. Will Ospreay (CHAOS) (BOSJ 26 Winner)

IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship

Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) (Bullet Club) (c) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL & SANADA)

NEVER Openweight Championship

Taichi (Suzuki-gun) (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii (CHAOS)

Taguchi Japan (Ryusuke Taguchi, Juice Robinson & Hiroshi Tanahashi) vs. Bullet Club (Jay White, Chase Owens & Taiji Ishimori)

YOSHI-HASHI (CHAOS) & Jyushin "Thunder" Liger vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Zack Sabre Jr.)

Satoshi Kojima vs. Shingo Takagi (Los Ingobernables de Japon)

Jon Moxley (AEW) vs. Shota Umino

Edited by Raziel

1 hour ago, Archibald said:

Might as well add Dragon Lee vs BotSJ winner.

It's not out of the question that Dragon Lee won't *be* the BOSJ winner, given how the blocks set up.  

• Like 1

I'll have to keep a close eye on how the feud goes leading up to it, but Okada/Jericho is one of the most foregone conclusion matches I've seen announced recently.  With him being in AEW plus where he's at in his career I have a hard time suspending disbelief at the idea of Jericho having a chance.  But the other two matches sound really good so I have them to look forward to.

6 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Yeah, but if he wins who challenges him?

Oh.

I doubt Hiromu goes straight to the belt coming back, but it wouldn't surprise me it he does his "Comeback" match at the BOSJ Finals, Dragon Lee go over someone here, and them set up the match for King of Pro Wrestling or Power Struggle.  

• 3 weeks later...

I've been wanting Shingo to go heavy since he walked in the door (I don't believe he's under 220 anyway).  So yes please, give him Goto or some other bomb thrower that can go.

• Like 2

Just now, sevendaughters said:

SHINGO V ISHII

BOOK THE BEST OF 21

If only Ishii wasn't stuck with carrying Taichi on Sunday....

I kid, Taichi's decent.

He will probably beat the winner of Taichi and Ishii and hopefully hold that belt until people forget he came in as a junior. But nobody memorable holds that belt for long. 

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

He will probably beat the winner of Taichi and Ishii and hopefully hold that belt until people forget he came in as a junior. But nobody memorable holds that belt for long. 

I like it as a springboard from junior to heavyweight.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I like it as a springboard from junior to heavyweight.

NEVER Openweight Championship has grown on me for the Openweight criteria. Not big into it though. Probably has more value to say the IWGP United States Championship. Clearly the IWGP Intercontinental Championship is the most prestigious of the secondary straps.

Edited by The Natural

Moxley/Umino, Kojima/Shingo, Tacos/Liger vs ZSJ/Suzuki, Tana/Juice/Taguchi vs White/Owens/Ishimori, Ishii/Taichi, GOD vs Sanada/EVIL, D Lee/Ospreay, Ibushi/Naito, Okada/Jericho. Odd use of Moxley, but that's a big match for Umino.

Edited by Ryan

Oh and the main event is an Iron Man between Tenzan and Nakanishi of course. Out back on some mats setup by fans.

• Haha 1

I want them both. We're down Kenny, Page, and Elgin for sure, while Tama has said he doesn't want to do it. Let Kojima announce that this is his last go, and you still have room to add Ospreay, Shingo, Cobb (if you want an ROH rep and don't want Rush dropping falls).

Anyway, I loved that Juice/Moxley was 50% punches and lariats, so I'm stoked to see Kojima and Shingo dispense with the punches while still upping that percentage.