DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Presents Raw - 5/6/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Welp, the brand split is basically pointless now.

I'm not sure why the Revival don't just stay at home.

Roman was cheered well, so that's good.

This episode was more of the same old shit that's not going to bring in new viewers or keep them.

Next week will be more of the same.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

Smackdown guys on RAW.  RAW guys on Smackdown.  Up to 3 per week.   Within 2 hours it was already over 3 talents. ?

I like how they were looking for and presumably hired someone for continuity. And there's still little continuity.

• Haha 1

Ah yes, nothing says shaking up the regular course of business like opening with a 20+ minute promo.

At least Bryan/Kofi was good though I have no idea what Bryan does now.

Sami ended up like Shredder at the end of the first Ninja Turtles movie.

• Like 2

Wild card rule my ass. There like 5 Smackdown talents. I made a joke to my buddy about they were gonna get The Revival manscaping each other and damn if I wasn't close. Also are they still milking Roman's cancer? I might've heard the commentary wrong. Man Mercy did you have kill Rambling Rabbit? And one last thing. About one of the commericals, if some random guy comes up to me and suggests I should get more testosterone while I'm with my lady I'm knocking him the fuck out. Ok that is all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Vince was clearly making the wild card rules up as he went along all night. 

Fast forwarding commercials made this tolerable. Three good matches, and I liked a couple of production things that they changed (had guys in the back cutting promos into the camera, and the camera for the Shane/Miz parking lot fight had a reason to be there, instead of their normal "hey we got a camera in the parking lot for no reason" shit). 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Just end the brand split already. It's been dead for a while.

The thing is there's a whole bunch of reasons why the brand split is a good idea, but they just can't fucking help themselves can they? I'm by no means against some crossover, but some semblance of order/continuity is required. It can't happen with Vince in charge.

I think Bischoff said some time ago that the move to Fox would affect the brand split. In a way they do need to have wildcards so that they can bend to TV Exec demands, especially when ratings are tanking as they are right now. But ending the brand split, or essentially doing so, is Vince pissing in his pants to keep warm in cold weather.

Also, they potentially tank their house show business by having their main-eventers on both shows. Fucking hell.

I have time on my hands to check the results right now, but I have zero desire to watch any of this shit and I'm not going to. I'm done.

Edited by ComingToAmerica
  • Like 4

I'm pretty sure I know where they're getting ideas for these Revival humiliation bits.

Vince finally saw the highly-underrated 1990 Charlie Sheen/Emilio Estevez classic Men At Work.

I eagerly await the segment next week where the Revival find an airbag in one of their lockers only to pop it and end up covered in shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

The Usos/Revival pranks give me flashbacks of the Edge and Christian/Dudleys feud. I'm just waiting for one of The Revival to pull out an economy tub of ass cream. These skits have been pretty dumb so far, but I'll admit to laughing at Dawson doing the dog with a turd stuck in its ass scoot across the ring.

Just now, nofuture said:

The irony is that the Revival are no selling the humiliation so really it's only killing the Uso's heat.

Why are the Uso's fun loving babyfaces anyway. The whole reason for their success was the yin to the New Day's wacky fun loving yang and ultimately earning each other's respect for their different approaches to success. 

They are dying out there. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

The Usos/Revival pranks give me flashbacks of the Edge and Christian/Dudleys feud. I'm just waiting for one of The Revival to pull out an economy tub of ass cream. These skits have been pretty dumb so far, but I'll admit to laughing at Dawson doing the dog with a turd stuck in its ass scoot across the ring.

It was actually Jericho and Christian.  I only remember because Jericho tells the story of how he and Christian came out in towels because the Dudleys stole their gear and then Spike removed their towels, leaving them "naked". And Vince WANTED THEM TO BE NAKED.  To which Jericho said "Fuck no."  Pretty sure if Vince asked the Revival to do the same, they'd do it.

45 minutes ago, ComingToAmerica said:

The thing is there's a whole bunch of reasons why the brand split is a good idea, but they just can't fucking help themselves can they? I'm by no means against some crossover, but some semblance of order/continuity is required. It can't happen with Vince in charge.

I think Bischoff said some time ago that the move to Fox would affect the brand split. In a way they do need to have wildcards so that they can bend to TV Exec demands, especially when ratings are tanking as they are right now. But ending the brand split, or essentially doing so, is Vince pissing in his pants to keep warm in cold weather.

Also, they potentially tank their house show business by having their main-eventers on both shows. Fucking hell.

I have time on my hands to check the results right now, but I have zero desire to watch any of this shit and I'm not going to. I'm done.

There's a basic, simple reason why it can't work. WWE has no incentive to compete with itself. It'd be bad for business.

Look where we are this week. They've formed an arbitrary rule so they can bring big stars on both shows in direct reaction to the ratings drop last week. It doesn't work. They want freedom for this that a true brand split doesn't allow.

Edited by TheVileOne