DVDVR Message Board

A General Grand Theft Auto Discussion Thread

On 8/21/2021 at 6:23 AM, The Natural said:

Cheers. I've hardly played Grand Theft Auto V. Cool you can skip a mission. Are you penalised for doing so?

Not really, you get a low score which doesn't matter unless you're trying to get trophies.

• Thanks 1

Damn game about made me throw things last night. 

I finally managed to get an empty room, so it was time to sell the contents of my nightclub warehouse, which was 90% full.  Seemingly easy mission.  Drive to three spots.  Deal with minimal opposition.  Drop off merchandise, all $1.5 million worth.  Easy, right?

Problem 1:  It's raining

Problem 2:  The second dropoff forces me to drive clear across the map, on winding roads through hilly terrain

Problem 3:  The truck I'm driving is the worst handling vehicle I've ever seen in a video game. 

That damn truck barely made it up moderately steep hills in the wet, tires screaming for grip the entire time.  Then it got stuck in the second dropoff point.  On perfectly flat ground.  I had to call in my Dubsta 6x6 to ram it a couple of times so I could get it moving.  Then it did the same thing 30 feet away, forcing me to grab the Dubsta again.  Then it got stuck under a low bridge.  I barely managed to get it out from under the bridge, then made my way to the dropoff without any further issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll buy the remasters but count me in with everyone hoping checkpoint, autosave, retry, and mission skip mechanics are added.  Nothing like beating a hard mission with one health point left, then Tommy dying on the way back to the save spot hotel on Ocean Drive because he stepped off a curb wrong.  I also never want to fly a RC chopper around a construction site ever again. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 9:40 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Reminder.  GTA 6 is never going to happen.

V/Online coming to Xbox X|S and PS5 coming March '22. 

(assuming it's not delayed)

I have a 100% completion achievement for beating V.  There is absolutely no reason for me to put myself through that horror ever again.

Mafia IV will come out before GTA VI does.   

Hell..  VtM Bloodlines 2 will come out before GTA VI does.

Edited by J.T.

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I'll buy the remasters but count me in with everyone hoping checkpoint, autosave, retry, and mission skip mechanics are added.  Nothing like beating a hard mission with one health point left, then Tommy dying on the way back to the save spot hotel on Ocean Drive because he stepped off a curb wrong.  I also never want to fly a RC chopper around a construction site ever again. 

Checkpoints, autosaves, and retry are in the mobile versions, so I'm sure they would be in the remasters.  You also don't lose your weapons when you die/get busted.

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Grand Theft Auto trilogy coming to Switch, PS5, Xbox Series X in 2021 - Polygon

Grand Theft Auto 3, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas are being updated and re-released on modern platforms later this year, Rockstar Games announced Friday, confirming a series of leaks. The trio of groundbreaking GTA games will collected as Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy — The Definitive Edition, and will feature improved visuals and other enhancements.

Rockstar’s collection promises “across-the-board upgrades including graphical improvements and modern gameplay enhancements” for all three games, “while still maintaining the classic look and feel of the originals.” Rockstar promises more details in the coming weeks, and warns that it will begin removing existing versions of those classic GTA games from digital retailers next week.

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy — The Definitive Edition is coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows PC (via the Rockstar Games Launcher), Xbox One, and Xbox Series X in 2021. The collection is also coming to Android and iOS devices in 2022.

The release of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy — The Definitive Edition is timed with the 20th anniversary of Grand Theft Auto 3’s original release on PlayStation 2. Rockstar said on its website that it plans to celebrate the anniversary in Grand Theft Auto Online, promising commemorative clothing and liveries, and teasing “some unusual activity occurring in and around Southern San Andreas.”

I was reading some Wikipedia articles about the old GTA games and I'm struck by how many of the voice actors from those games are no longer with us.  Just a short list and I'm sure I'm missing some:

• Burt Reynolds (Avery Carrington -- VC)
  • Dennis Hopper (Steve Scott -- VC)
  • Peter Fonda (Truth -- SA)
  • Guru (8-Ball - GTA 3)
  • Robert Loggia (Ray Machowski -- GTA 3)
  • Sondra James (Mama - GTA 3)
  • Frank Vincent (Slavatore Leone -- GTA 3 & LCS)
  • Chris Penn (Officer Pulaski - SA)
  • Charlie Murphy (Jizzy B -- SA)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

More details that weren't in the video

The price is $60

San Andreas will be on Game Pass on the 11th (some are speculating that the whole thing will eventually be on Game Pass)

III will be on Playstation Now on Dec 7

Nov 11 is the digitial release

Dec 7 is the physical edition release

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Casey said:

I'm pretty sure you can buy them individually.

I'd get Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City if I had a console to play them on. If I were to get a console, it would be a PS4 for them and Spider-Man.

I'm super stoked for the original trilogy coming out and will have them on the 11th.  

The reason I'm posting though, is because a memory just came up on Facebook.   

"GTA V first trailer:  11/2/11"  

Lord, it's been 10 years since it entered our lives.

I am torn.  As much as I would love to play those games in a remastered format, there is no way I am going to put myself through the fuckwittery of bullshit missions and side gigs like Wrong Side of the Tracks or Checkpoint Charlie ever ever again.

Completing the Coyote Cross Country Triathlon is forty minutes of my life that I will never get back.

• Like 3