DVDVR Message Board

A General Grand Theft Auto Discussion Thread

Just now, The Man Known as Dan said:

While your at it, is it possible to look up emails of people in the crew? Because for whatever reason I cannot log in on the computer no matter what I do, which is annoying since I wanna join some racing crews.

can't you log in via XBOX because I just had to sign in myself and while my computer had saved my info it showed me the option to log in via my XBOX account

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

can't you log in via XBOX because I just had to sign in myself and while my computer had saved my info it showed me the option to log in via my XBOX account

Nah, every time I try I get the same error message. Unable to authenticate with Xbox Live network. Please ensure your account is an Xbox Live account.

It's been an active problem for me for about 6 months now. I'm not sure if it's just under a weird email I don't remember having or what, but it's annoying. If I wanted to start over I'd have to do it without everything I've gotten in this game which is... a lot.

I guess my only suggestion would be to try the "forgot my password" route on the Social Club and see if you can finally guess the right one (assuming you haven't tried already)

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah all these new people I dont recgonize have their user names hidden

I am gonna assume that since its on the XBOX side they were folks added by @jstout

I think  Stout is mostly hanging out in Andromeda. He’s barely been in Los Santos.  

Maybe they’re people we randomly kicked the crap out of one night who decided to join up.  Got a lotta friend requests that way  dunno who woulda let em in though 

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah all these new people I dont recgonize have their user names hidden

I am gonna assume that since its on the XBOX side they were folks added by @jstout

A lot of them haven't been on in years, from what I noticed on their games page, which I get.

Edited by PetrolCB

I think one was called Plan 9, and the other eventually morphed into The NIght Shift. My boy on the NIght Shift is named GrassyGrishnak. He's one of my favorite non-crew players I met playing the game, even though I could not begin to hold any of their jocks racing. Plan 9 was subdivided into really good racers (that Broughy gent was a member of that group) and much more chill racers.

A lot of the racing crews want you to pass a tryout - don't sweat them at all - they just wanna see if you're a PITting dick while racing or an obnoxious ass who can't' follow crew rules while racing. I finished dead last in every race and got OK'd for crew status.

I don't even play Andromeda anymore, through I'm getting ready to go on vacation and will undoubtedly be bored as shit and find my way back. It's amazing that I'm going on vacation when I"m still too chickenshit to go into a sitdown restaurant.

7 hours ago, jstout said:

I think one was called Plan 9, and the other eventually morphed into The NIght Shift. My boy on the NIght Shift is named GrassyGrishnak. He's one of my favorite non-crew players I met playing the game, even though I could not begin to hold any of their jocks racing. Plan 9 was subdivided into really good racers (that Broughy gent was a member of that group) and much more chill racers.

A lot of the racing crews want you to pass a tryout - don't sweat them at all - they just wanna see if you're a PITting dick while racing or an obnoxious ass who can't' follow crew rules while racing. I finished dead last in every race and got OK'd for crew status.

I don't even play Andromeda anymore, through I'm getting ready to go on vacation and will undoubtedly be bored as shit and find my way back. It's amazing that I'm going on vacation when I"m still too chickenshit to go into a sitdown restaurant.

Amusingly, I’m planning on joining Broughy’s crew for streams, as hes became one of my favorite content creators recently. I’ve literally been practicing gfreds for a while and am hoping to join his next Xbox stream. 
Not a threat to win, but I think I have a good shot at a top 10.

That said, Stout if you wanna jump on for some racing, I’m always game. I literally just play GTA for the racing at this point, though I’m not particularly good at it.

I cannot imagine trying to do racing at this point.  I was burned out on it by, i dunno, 2014.  Hoping I'm past that by 2022, or whenever the next game comes out.

Whenever the next game does finally come out, it's gonna be interesting to see how the folks that are still playing this hardcore handle it - going from owning potentially over a hundred high end vehicles and half the map in businesses/clubs/houses/etc to maybe having a crappy apartment and a mur mur for their best gun.  

Also, if you believe Wikipedia, Rockstar has managed to have the best selling game on the xbox one, despite not bothering to develop a game for the system in the first place

3 hours ago, Robert C said:

Also, if you believe Wikipedia, Rockstar has managed to have the best selling game on the xbox one, despite not bothering to develop a game for the system in the first place

Correct.  A lot of games came out in that weird point in time where seventh gen was giving way to the current and there was a lot of dual development going on.  There were a lot of games that were either developed for 7th and later released on current or may have been developed for both 7th and current.

Edited by J.T.

6 hours ago, Robert C said:

I cannot imagine trying to do racing at this point.  I was burned out on it by, i dunno, 2014.  Hoping I'm past that by 2022, or whenever the next game comes out.

Whenever the next game does finally come out, it's gonna be interesting to see how the folks that are still playing this hardcore handle it - going from owning potentially over a hundred high end vehicles and half the map in businesses/clubs/houses/etc to maybe having a crappy apartment and a mur mur for their best gun.  

Racing is very dependant on who you play it with. I do some stunt races here and there, but it's just always is played with assholes who take you out constantly. The key is finding a crew, as Stout said. The racing mechanics in the game are actually pretty interesting overall, even if Rockstar themselves kinda make it difficult (Terrible classes, hiding mechanics like tire wear behind the blah Open Wheel Racing mode, that sorta stuff), but the content createors are constantly making awesome tracks.

As for the second question, as someone who has 50 million dollars spent in GTA V..... I don't plan on leaving it unless they give you a HUGE bonus for doing so.

• 2 weeks later...

Judging by the reaction online to Rockstar's THIRD attempt to cash in on GTA 5 with an "enhanced and expanded" edition due next year...  I'm guessing the clock for GTA 6 just got pushed up. 

GTA 5 very much looks like the 7 year old game it now is...

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

AJudging by the reaction online to Rockstar's THIRD attempt to cash in on GTA 5 with an "enhanced and expanded" edition due next year...  I'm guessing the clock for GTA 6 just got pushed up. 

GTA 5 very much looks like the 7 year old game it now is...

As long as it re-releases on the next gen xbox console so I can keep my characters leveled up, I'm happy.

55 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

As long as it re-releases on the next gen xbox console so I can keep my characters leveled up, I'm happy.

It will. You will also be able to transfer your characters over.

The PS5 version will be free for 3 months.

Not that I need it, but you get $1M every month you play until next gen comes out too.

One game on three generations of consoles is just crazy. Are they thinking that there's people out there who are regular gamers that haven't played GTA5 yet?

Having said that, considering I've got two Platinums on GTA 5, might be quite funny to get a third one.

Do you reckon Skyrim will come out on PS5 too? That comes out on every console ever made, doesn't it?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Whoever runs the DVDVR club - I applied for membership. Online is pretty boring by yourself or in a server full of 12 year olds, and I can't play with my IRL friends since they work weekends and I'm on weeknights now. ?

11 hours ago, Casey said:

Whoever runs the DVDVR club - I applied for membership. Online is pretty boring by yourself or in a server full of 12 year olds, and I can't play with my IRL friends since they work weekends and I'm on weeknights now. ?

Which system are you on?