DVDVR Message Board

A General Grand Theft Auto Discussion Thread

Will also come in and dive on into the "making money in this game is easy and pretty fun" mindset, also as someone who doesn't actually play Cayo (I just find it boring to be honest, even if it is financially easy).

My current usual GTA run is

Spawn in at my Agency and do a mission there. Preferences are Vehicle Recovery, Liquidize Assets, and Recover Valuables (Yes, sometimes Recover takes you up to the stupid Monkey mission, which sucks, but the other 2 are really easy to run fast from downtown). Every 5 missions you do from this raises your passive money income here 5,000 dollars, permanently, up to a max of 500 missions to get a passive income of 50,000 each in game day. I'm at about 120 missions done,  but plan to just plug away constantly to raise the gap since hte missions themselves pay pretty damned well.

Payphone Hit. Even without the bonus it's regularly 85,000 per success, it's currently doubled 170,000 which is stupid money for 5 minutes of work, which is what most of these are.

Check to make sure Nightclub Pop is maxed out: 50,000 a passive day is no god damned joke. I'm willing to rebook at 10,000 a pop to keep that number going, especially as I'm making good money regardless

Buy some Cargo: Yes, not many like these missions, but they are like comfort food to me. I own 5 Max sized Warehouses, one currently full, the other 4 half full, and this is my "Rainy Day Fund". One of them my goal is to have only the Special Items in every single spot to eventually sell on Double Money to make insane money for my amusement.

Then back to Payphone hit.

• Like 1

The auto shop "heists" are very easy to do by yourself, if you're looking to make quick money. The Union Depository job is super quick. The two setups take like, 5 mins and the finale is a breeze. You'll net $270K for it. 

It's the easiest one and has the higher payout, which makes no sense.

• Like 1

Info on a bunch of other changes is dribbling out.   A bunch of quality of life updates.  It's almost like somebody at Rockstar decided to play the game and realized "This shit really pisses me off.  I'm gonna do something about this shit."

- K/D ratio no longer affected by freemode

- no more getting charged for blowing up weaponized personal vehicles

- people running races backwards are ghosted, so they can't troll the folks actually racing

- option to ghost everybody till the first race checkpoint (though this one would've ruined DVDR crew races.  The whole point of those was the big crash at the first turn)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert C said:

K/D ratio no longer affected by freemode

Now we'll answer the age old question of whether griefers do it for the numbers or because they're socially maladjusted shits.  I'm still leaning toward the latter.

Now they just need to automatically send everyone into passive mode when exiting a mission.  ?

So if you're K/D ratio isn't affected by Freemode, what is it affected by? Just Deathmatches?

Is that a hard reset to everyone's numbers, or just a From Now On?

Thing I read said deathmatches. I assume other pvp modes too but I didn’t care enough to look.  

I assume they’ll keep the current ratio, and this will only be forward looking, but I really dunno.  

I kinda hope they wipe it completely, just so I can enjoy the wailing and gnashing.  

either way, I hope it culls the herds of ewo k/d nurses.  

• Like 1

I logged back in for the first time in a while to check over my stuff.  Got chased around the map and killed a couple times with k/d greifers with Oppressors.  Gonna wait until the nerf on Tuesday and try it again.

On 7/22/2022 at 12:19 PM, Robert C said:

- K/D ratio no longer affected by freemode

Aw.  I was really good at killing dots legit in free mode.

On 7/22/2022 at 12:19 PM, Robert C said:

- no more getting charged for blowing up weaponized personal vehicles

You should be charged with blowing up a POV only if it is stationary.  If there are players in the POV trying to kill you and you blow it up and clap all of them in one go, too bad for them and the owner of the car.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, J.T. said:

You should be charged with blowing up a POV only if it is stationary.  If there are players in the POV trying to kill you and you blow it up and clap all of them in one go, too bad for them and the owner of the car.

Cars?  You've been out of the GTA loop too long JT.  We've been getting charged 20K a pop for blowing up tanks and APCs.

Holy shit, that's crazy.  No wonder players are exploiting money glitches now more than ever.

I know the whole point of the penalties is to leverage players into buying more in-game currency, but a game full of billionaire players just makes the in-game currency worth nothing

Edited by J.T.

On 7/19/2022 at 8:44 PM, The Man Known as Dan said:

Will also come in and dive on into the "making money in this game is easy and pretty fun" mindset, also as someone who doesn't actually play Cayo (I just find it boring to be honest, even if it is financially easy).

My current usual GTA run is

Spawn in at my Agency and do a mission there. Preferences are Vehicle Recovery, Liquidize Assets, and Recover Valuables (Yes, sometimes Recover takes you up to the stupid Monkey mission, which sucks, but the other 2 are really easy to run fast from downtown). Every 5 missions you do from this raises your passive money income here 5,000 dollars, permanently, up to a max of 500 missions to get a passive income of 50,000 each in game day. I'm at about 120 missions done,  but plan to just plug away constantly to raise the gap since hte missions themselves pay pretty damned well.

Payphone Hit. Even without the bonus it's regularly 85,000 per success, it's currently doubled 170,000 which is stupid money for 5 minutes of work, which is what most of these are.

Check to make sure Nightclub Pop is maxed out: 50,000 a passive day is no god damned joke. I'm willing to rebook at 10,000 a pop to keep that number going, especially as I'm making good money regardless

Buy some Cargo: Yes, not many like these missions, but they are like comfort food to me. I own 5 Max sized Warehouses, one currently full, the other 4 half full, and this is my "Rainy Day Fund". One of them my goal is to have only the Special Items in every single spot to eventually sell on Double Money to make insane money for my amusement.

Then back to Payphone hit.

Typical Rockstar: New update reduces pay on both Agency missions and Payphone Hits. Agency missions went from 30-40k even at standard level to now 10-20k, which isn’t even worth spending time on, and the payout for Payphones is down to 50k per instead of 85k.

Fuckers can’t help themselves.

12 hours ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Typical Rockstar: New update reduces pay on both Agency missions and Payphone Hits. Agency missions went from 30-40k even at standard level to now 10-20k, which isn’t even worth spending time on, and the payout for Payphones is down to 50k per instead of 85k.

Fuckers can’t help themselves.

Actually, turns out this was a bug, and has been corrected. I take back my anger, and am pleased.

• Industry analysts expect it to be released anywhere from April 2023 to March 2024, but Rockstar developers that were interviewed were skeptical.
  • The latina main character won't be the only playable character. She's one half of a pair, the story is based off Bonnie & Clyde.
  • They're being cautious not to "punch down" at marginalized groups, unlike previous GTA games
  • Has been in development since 2014, in some form or another.
  • Rockstar wanted to include large portions of North & South America, but had to be "reeled in".
  • The new map is a fictionalized version of Miami, and will update over time after release adding new missions and cities "on a regular basis". Rockstar leadership hopes this will lead to less crunch as they enter the final months before release.
  • Other things relating to Rockstar office culture:  more producers were hired help to avoid crunch, contractors were made full-time employees, removal of abusive employees, new mental health & leave benefits, staff is more flexible with their time
  • Like 3

stuff:

- I'm hoping this stuff is legit.  Considering the source, I tend to believe it.  I'll be glad to be back in Vice City.

- That finally explains why Cops & Crooks disappeared.  I'd wondered what happened to that, but never knew the explanation.

- Mixed feelings on this two character/Latina/Bonnie & Clyde thing.  Totally on board with the Latina main.  Hopefully the incels and racists decide to boycott the game, and the online player base becomes more tolerable.  I wish they'd gone with her as the sole main character, though.  I could do without the Bonnie and Clyde part.  Since they're going with that approach, I hope they do it right.  GTA works better when it's over the top, crazy stuff, rather than attempting for deep and meaningful.  The franchise needs more Trevor and less Niko.  

- I'll be shocked if we see this game before 2025. 

- Good luck to them with fixing the crunch.  I know crunch sucks.  And if you're dealing with outside, personal stuff it can become unmanageable really quick.  At least they're trying.  But if they don't have their project management working right, ultimately they'll be stuck back where they've been in the past.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Robert C said:

stuff:

- I'm hoping this stuff is legit.  Considering the source, I tend to believe it.  I'll be glad to be back in Vice City.

- That finally explains why Cops & Crooks disappeared.  I'd wondered what happened to that, but never knew the explanation.

- Mixed feelings on this two character/Latina/Bonnie & Clyde thing.  Totally on board with the Latina main.  Hopefully the incels and racists decide to boycott the game, and the online player base becomes more tolerable.  I wish they'd gone with her as the sole main character, though.  I could do without the Bonnie and Clyde part.  Since they're going with that approach, I hope they do it right.  GTA works better when it's over the top, crazy stuff, rather than attempting for deep and meaningful.  The franchise needs more Trevor and less Niko.  

- I'll be shocked if we see this game before 2025. 

- Good luck to them with fixing the crunch.  I know crunch sucks.  And if you're dealing with outside, personal stuff it can become unmanageable really quick.  At least they're trying.  But if they don't have their project management working right, ultimately they'll be stuck back where they've been in the past.

@J.T.

• Haha 1

I would lose my shit of the Latina we can play is Catalina, but she will most likely be long dead during the timeframe the game will probably take place.  Psycho Catalina would be nearly as much to play as Crazy Trevor was.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

I would lose my shit of the Latina we can play is Catalina, but she will most likely be long dead during the timeframe the game will probably take place.  Psycho Catalina would be nearly as much to play as Crazy Trevor was.

If they base the game sometime between 1985 and 2001, that would work.  Their "Bonnie & Clyde" could be Catalina and Claude.  BUT if they're working on doing less "punching down" and fewer stereotypes, they may need to avoid Catalina altogether.

On a side note, I just watched Heat over the weekend and GTA 5 definitely borrows from it.  The two things that jump right out at me is the robbery that starts the film is a lot like the Blitz Play mission, and Michael DeSanta's default fancy outfit looks a lot like DeNiro's character (gray suit, white shirt, no tie).

• Like 2