DVDVR Message Board

A General Grand Theft Auto Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...

I'm rereading the old GTA thread.  Miss GTA with y'all.  I've barely touched it in years, and it's been even longer since I did anything besides heists or freemode, so I've clean forgotten most of the missions and other stuff.  Now that I'm rereading earlier parts of that thread, I have this weird desire to go run Titan of a Job, followed by Prison Thugz.

Just now, Robert C said:

Naw. It’s that awful melee deathmatch on the prison. The one with the bus. 

Oh yeah, everybody had a variation of this one, but they didn't variate much. Melraz had a great variation in the desert that involved a shit-ton of molotov cocktails and plenty of pelting each other in the face from close range.

Just now, Robert C said:

Don’t think I ever played a mission with Fresh. I only remember doing things where stabbing each other was completely appropriate. 

The battle Royales in the prison courtyard were great fun. 

38 minutes ago, jstout said:

I don't miss Dan succeeding at shanking me while I have my back turned, the lilly-livered coward.

*bows* guilty as charged.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I do not miss Dan and Fresh trying to stab each other

This gets brought up so much which amuses me because I think I only played with Fresh 5 times at the most. 

I still play the game on occasion, but the game is just straight up not the same game it was anymore. I mainly just play it to collect cars and grind at this point.

Some points: 

1. I have no idea what any of you are talking about

2. Shut up

3.  IF, and that's a big if, I did know what you're talking about, I am a victim of nature vs nurture as that is how everyone in Miami drives in real life. 

4. Shut up. 

--

Also, I miss PIT'ing people so much, I'm doing it - a lot - in Mario Kart Mobile. 

And I miss just trying, and failing miserably, to kill melraz.  And honestly, I miss just hearing all of you talking about the most mundane stuff ever.  Also, I can't remember if it was Stout or Raz who would yell at his dog whenever it was raining...  it's one of the funniest things I've ever heard. 

GTA 6 cannot get here soon enough so they can kill off Saints Row Mobile or whatever it actually is these days. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Some points: 

1. I have no idea what any of you are talking about

2. Shut up

3.  IF, and that's a big if, I did know what you're talking about, I am a victim of nature vs nurture as that is how everyone in Miami drives in real life. 

4. Shut up. 

--

Also, I miss PIT'ing people so much, I'm doing it - a lot - in Mario Kart Mobile. 

And I miss just trying, and failing miserably, to kill melraz.  And honestly, I miss just hearing all of you talking about the most mundane stuff ever.  Also, I can't remember if it was Stout or Raz who would yell at his dog whenever it was raining...  it's one of the funniest things I've ever heard. 

GTA 6 cannot get here soon enough so they can kill off Saints Row Mobile or whatever it actually is these days. 

God, this. I remember when we started I felt like I was pretty good at deathmatchs. Then Robert and Mel joined the fray and I was quickly put into my place in brutal fashion. 

I miss the random races the most, for how hectic they could be. I wish we could play it now, because I’ve got tons of lists for really great race tracks that have been made in the content creator that’d be super fun to go through.

• Like 1

I miss Dan's irrational fear of pump shotguns in PvP and Melraz's magical sniper rifle skills.  Mother fucker could put a bullet through the middle of a dollar bill from three miles out.

I do not miss Fresh fucking up my well thought out tactics by running in blind into gunfights and getting himself perished.  That was the day that Team Leeroy Jenkins was born.

Edited by J.T.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

I miss Dan's irrational fear of pump shotguns in PvP and Melraz's magical sniper rifle skills.  Mother fucker could put a bullet through the middle of a dollar bill from three miles out.

I do not miss Fresh fucking up my well thought out tactics by running in blind into gunfights and getting himself perished.  That was the day that Team Leeroy Jenkins was born.

When you are running around with a Combat Knife, there is nothing irrational of fearing shotguns. I can work around Sniper Rifles, Shotguns have spread.

And then you get to a level where people have Combat Shotgun's and melee becames suicide. 

I was in a 3 vs 3 Deathmatch that was set up as Snipers vs Snipers. Wiped the whole enemy team twice with a Combat Shotgun before they got a single kill.

I've been playing a bit here and there.  Did you know people still bring tanks into freemode?  They do.  Didn't last long.  I still got the Night Shift Tank Flowchart memorized.  I was all the way under it when the explosion went off.

Then I got into a fight with 2 CEO orgs and a white dot, all focused on me.  The brought out multiple ghost orgs, jet bikes. etc.  And they netted two kills from it.  One was when I was distracted trying put a proximity mine on the personal vehicle of a player I'd just shot and didn't notice the ghosted guy behind me.  The other was by freaking orbital cannon.  All that to fight one person who can't even remember his way around the map.

• Haha 1

So, remember those level 900 guys we used to run into six years ago?  The ones whose level gave them away immediately at hackers? 

Well, I got into a room last night and immediately got a bunch of messages.  "LifelessTurd killed DuckonQuack"  "LifelessTurd killed FishNuts"  "LifelessTurd killed Mundungus"...

So, I found the killer on the map.  He's in a jet.  I thought Jet Boy had just about gone extinct after the arrival of the Oppressor, but apparently there's still one or two around.  He's also a level 1900-something.  

That got me thinking.  Do you figure that's legit?  And if so, has he spent literally every waking minute for the last six years flying around in circles, using those stupid Lazer cannons to blast level 12's? (I know online is seven years old, but Jet Boy didn't really appear on the scene till a bit later).  I kinda think the answers to those questions are yes and yes.