DVDVR Message Board

Free Comic Book Day 2019.

The Natural

I haven't read mine but I got the Avengers, Spider-Man, Dear Justice League, and Bloodshot free books. Plus bought DCeased, The .25 DC Villian Issue, DBZ #18 and King Kai POPs. 

I though about getting the recent Heroes in Crisis, Doomsday Clock and War of the Realms but I decided to wait for the trades on those since I don't have any of the previous issues.  

Swag below for myself and the wife (answers on a postcard). Also popped the LCS owner with my Fighting American t-shirt. Between this, seeing "Aquaman" yesterday, getting our NYCC badges this morning, catching Avengers later today and GOT tonight, this is our geekiest weekend in a long time.

FB_IMG_1557068525018.jpg

FB_IMG_1557068825000.jpg

• Thanks 1

stopped by my LCS and grabbed the Dragonfly/Dragonflyman issue from Ahoy Comics. it was pretty good, and will probably get me to check out the series ("The Wrong Earth") that it ties into.

wife picked up some back issues of 'Books of Magic'. she's not really into comics (can't fathom the month-to-month wait) but she's re-reading Harry Potter and i think that's why they jumped out to her.

5 hours ago, OSJ said:

That Fighting American shirt is perhaps the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Thanks! Got it from Joe Simon's booth at SDCC back in 2011.

• Thanks 1

Took the 6 year old, btw. We just got the Dear Justice League freebie and then a Tangled TPB. She went with that over Ducktales. If they had the first TPB of Princeless, we would have gone that way but they didn't. We went through Bone this year and we're reading the Akiko novels now (we have the TPBs from when the last kid was her age. It's a shame they're not doing a ton of all ages Spider-Man stuff or else she would have gone for that. The Marvel Adventures line with Jeff Parker/Mark Sumerak was really good. Ah well.

On 5/5/2019 at 3:00 PM, twiztor said:

stopped by my LCS and grabbed the Dragonfly/Dragonflyman issue from Ahoy Comics. it was pretty good, and will probably get me to check out the series ("The Wrong Earth") that it ties into.

wife picked up some back issues of 'Books of Magic'. she's not really into comics (can't fathom the month-to-month wait) but she's re-reading Harry Potter and i think that's why they jumped out to her.

I really need to check out Wrong Earth. Peyer has done a ton of stuff I loved and he seemed to fall off the planet, and I've heard nothing but good shit about it.

22 hours ago, Eivion said:

I completely forgot about this day. Was there anything good?

Honestly, I'd suggest stopping by your local comic place anyway.

I wasn't able to go the day of due to work, but I was able to go Sunday instead, and the person running it said there was no longer a limit to the books and take what I liked, giving me the option to get one of each book they had left (not full "one of each", but a large, large majority of them),plus bought the full series of the anime series "Suzuka" while there.

Finished reading the Dragonfly/Dragonflyman @twiztor mentioned and agree it was good, plus the CLBDF comic of the year (nothing that impressive, but still solid) and the TokyoPop Descendants comic (not in the right age group to really get it). 

Edited by SorceressKnight