DVDVR Message Board

NXT Takeover XXV - Bridgeport, CT - 6/1/2019

Dolfan in NYC

They're having the 25th Takeover on the 1st!   No one knows where it will be! Based on last night's tapings, here's your (probable) card:

FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP - Johnny Gargano (c) vs. Adam Cole (b.b.)

FOR THE VACANT NXT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Undisputed ERA vs. Street Profits vs. Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan vs. The Forgotten Sons 

FOR THE NXT NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP - Velveteen Dream (c) vs. Tyler Breeze (vs. Dominick Dijakovic?)

FOR THE NXT WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Io Shirai

Roderick Strong vs. Matt Riddle

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to NXT Takeover XXV - Bridgeport, CT - 6/1/2019
On 5/11/2019 at 3:52 AM, The Natural said:

Velveteen Dream vs. Tyler Breeze for the NXT North American Championship? NXT TakeOver XXV needs the Dream. Like Matt Riddle to be on the card as well.

Based on tonight's NXT episode I'm guessing Riddle/Roddy is a possibility.

• Like 1

I like the picks and most of the placements. The Revival vs. #DIY from NXT TakeOver: Toronto 2016 is way too low at #15. My #1 would be either Sasha Banks vs. Bayley from NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn 2015 or Respect 2015 even though I've always thought the latter was better.

Fucking scandalous Andrade Almas vs. Johnny Gargano from NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia 2018 isn't there. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Velveteen Dream at NXT TakeOver: WarGames 2018 should be included.

Edited by The Natural

While most of the guys in the tag title match seem out of sync for the kind of match scheduled; the idea of Montez Ford with a ladder should be incredible.  I don't know if there is anyone who gets more hang time  than Ford right now.   Maybe even more than Ricochet

Dream vs Breeze should be the best match of the night in my opinion because you know Tyler wants to prove how good he was in NXT

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, hammerva said:

While most of the guys in the tag title match seem out of sync for the kind of match scheduled; the idea of Montez Ford with a ladder should be incredible.  I don't know if there is anyone who gets more hang time  than Ford right now.   Maybe even more than Ricochet

Dream vs Breeze should be the best match of the night in my opinion because you know Tyler wants to prove how good he was in NXT

That's my pick for MOTN.