DVDVR Message Board

AEW Double or Nothing - 5/25/2019

I wouldn't be shocked if Dazn or Fite or whatever winds up offering it for far less. The cable/dish PPV pricing being a little all over the place depending on who your provider is just contributes to that belief.

How much are WWE PPVs for the people who still buy them via PPV? Do they even offer them that way anymore?

Money in the Bank is listed as $54.95 on DirecTV

Xfinity is $59.99 for SD, $69.99 for HD (this is one is from memory so it could be 49.99/59.99)

What was the PPV cost of the first ALL IN show?  If it was the same value and it did recently well but I guess the price is worth it.   I believe that was kind of successful financially

Edited by hammerva

Xfinity has MITB for $54.99 for SD and HD 

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

What was the PPV cost of the first ALL IN show?  If it was the same value and it did recently well but I guess the price is worth it.   I believe that was kind of successful financially

I believe I paid $45 or $50 for ALL IN with a buddy paying me twenty bucks to watch it. 

Much like with All In I'll get this on Fite for on-demand viewing but will go to a bar to watch it live.  Hoping this time around they fix the sound issues there but either way I'm really freaking excited for this show.

I paid $10 to watch All In on NJPW World.

If you want the whole weekend of shit it's another $60 for all of Starrcast on Fite, but Night 1 has pretty much everything I'm interested in watching

Edited by Tromatagon

8 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

I paid $10 to watch All In on NJPW World.

If you want the whole weekend of shit it's another $60 for all of Starrcast on Fite, but Night 1 has pretty much everything I'm interested in watching

Considering it was at least over $100 last time I may consider getting it this time around.  Will need to take another look at the lineup to see though.

I fucked up.  Almost all the good Starrcast stuff is day TWO not Day 1, but there's some good stuff a lot of the days which makes me want to possibly get all four.  They're charging $40 for Day 2 by itself and $60 for everything.   I could have sworn they were $15 a day earlier - the other days are still that low I think. I've bolded some personal favorites:

Day One:

9:30pm ET - 30 years & Five Stars later with Flair & Steamboat hosted by Jim Ross 
11:30pm ET - An Evening with Cody & The Bucks hosted by Alex Marvez

Day Two:

1:00pm ET - JR & The King 
1:00pm ET - Behind the Paint: Sting hosted by Tony Schiavone 
3:30pm ET - NITRO: 83 Weeks with Eric Bischoff 
3:30pm ET - The Taz Show LIVE
5:30pm ET - ARN 
7:00pm ET - Double or Nothing Press Conference & Weigh In
8:00pm ET - Wrestling Observer Live
9:00pm ET - The Roast of Ric Flair
11:00pm ET - The Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana

Day Three:

1:00pm ET - Booker T's Hall of Fame Podcast
1:00pm ET - Sharpshooter: Bret Hart in his own words 
3:00pm ET - Monday Night War Stories hosted by Sean Waltman
3:00pm ET - ""I Quit"" with Magnum TA & Tully Blanchard hosted by Tony Schiavone

Day Four:

1:00pm ET - Crazy Like a Fox: Remembering Brian Pillman 
1:00pm ET - An Extreme Rivalry: Rob Van Dam & Jerry Lynn 
3:00pm ET - Lita's Panel on Women's Wrestling 
3:00pm ET - Something to Wrestle With Bruce Prichard 
5:00pm ET - Inside the Ropes: Dustin Rhodes hosted by Kenny McIntosh
5:00pm ET - Talk is Jericho 
7:00pm ET - House of Hardcore: An Extreme Reunion

Edited by Tromatagon

20 minutes ago, Casey said:

That’s $50 on top of the subscription for BR Live isn’t it?

No - apparently it is ala carte (hence the higher price)

However - this is me reading other people tweeting about it so all that info could be totally wrong

Just from messing around with the website, there doesn't appear to be one subscription that covers all of BR Live's content. 

The two main subscriptions look to be their soccer and lacrosse subs ($9.99 and $7.99 respectively) and then they have ala carte arm wrestling events for $2.99.

The whole site is a bit confusing and being able to actually access pricing without signing up for an account would probably help solve some of that.  

Edited by CSC

2 minutes ago, CSC said:

Just from messing around with the website, there doesn't appear to be one subscription that covers all of BR Live's content. 

The two main subscriptions look to be their soccer and lacrosse subs ($9.99 and $7.99 respectively) and then they have ala carte arm wrestling events for $2.99.

Over-the-top media! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

FWIW - I don't think it's a bad idea letting the audience set the price point. Everyone realizes that the WWE made a pretty big mistake by undercutting their PPV business. 

There's gonna be a lot of demand for this show and a lot of their fan base wants to be on the ground floor of something. I imagine this first show does well.

That said, this as a regular price point for monthly big shows is probably tough sledding. Pricing the tent-pole shows at UFC-level prices, though, may work out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CSC said:

The whole site is a bit confusing and being able to actually access pricing without signing up for an account would probably help solve some of that.  

Did it happen to say anything about on demand viewing?  Sorry, can't check at work.

Fuck it, I'll order it for $50. Now, I don't think I would order it every month because there's no way I'm spending $600 on wrestling yearly, which doesn't even include the $9.99 for WWE and approx. $9 for NJPW World.