DVDVR Message Board

AEW Double or Nothing - 5/25/2019

13 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

So is this thing gonna be on ppv or what.

This was in the WON update last night

While there has been no official announcement, a number of cable companies are listing Double or Nothing as a regular television PPV event. It's listed thus far only for cable systems, with nothing announced for Dish or DirecTV, but one would think it would make sense from both sides to be on those systems.

Just now, RIPPA said:

This was in the WON update last night

As of yesterday, the only system with Double or Nothing listed with a start time is U-Verse.  Everything else either doesn't list it (Optimum, Xfinity, FiOS, DirecTV, DISH), or does with no time or price (Spectrum).  Nothing on Fite or other streaming services.

Which is something you might want to take care of 18 days out.

Listed on U-Verse but not DirecTV is odd, since they're owned by the same company.

On 5/1/2019 at 10:07 PM, Web Conn said:

WWE is gonna be there on the 9th and 10th of September. That AAA show is on the 15th. The New War has begun dude.

The "war" is over

Just now, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Why did they even bother. AAA has never had a footprint in New York, and there is hardly a Mexican American population in the city. Is Dorian Rodan delusional?

Have you watched AAA?

6 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Why did they even bother. AAA has never had a footprint in New York, and there is hardly a Mexican American population in the city. Is Dorian Rodan delusional?

I mean, there are close 500,000 Mexican-Americans i nth egreater NYC area so it isn't like you can say they don't have a presence. The Puerto Rican population is larger though by about 300k. I don't know if AAA even airs on TV/Cable in th egreater NYC area

James

1 minute ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I thought Konnan might’ve helped them come to their senses in the past year.

giphy.gif

In seriousness though, AAA themselves wasn't going to sell the area, they need someone else, but I'm not sure who moves the needle enough to make a difference.  Impact isn't gonna move MSG, and AEW has their own concerns this month then running to bail out AAA 2 weeks before their debut show.

Are Kevin Von Erich's kids anygood? I ask cuz the Observer is saying they signed multi year contracts with MLW. I'm wondering if AEW missed out on a potential breakout tag team ala the Hardy Boys or not. 

Edited by Web Conn

2 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Are Kevin Von Erich's kids anygood? I ask cuz the Observer is saying they signed multi year contracts with MLW. I'm wondering if AEW missed out on a potential breakout tag team ala the Hardy Boys or not. 

From what I've seen and heard they're not.  Seem pretty average.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I used to catch AAA at like 3 in the morning on Univision.  I don't know if they still carry it.  That's where I'd watch a lot of CMLL too. 

AAA is on TV Azteca now. CMLL is on Televisa.

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I used to catch AAA at like 3 in the morning on Univision.  I don't know if they still carry it.  That's where I'd watch a lot of CMLL too. 

Remember doing the same- remember loving El Zorro and Evans/Teddy Hart, and then Wagner at the end.

• Like 1

For my fellow UK people, this will air on ITV Box Office at 1am UK time, £14.95. Thought we would get to see it but didn't expect a deal with ITV Box Office.

Edited by The Natural

6 minutes ago, The Natural said:

For my fellow UK people, this will air on ITV Box Office at 1am UK time, £14.95. Thought we would get to see it but didn't expect a deal with ITV Box Office.

Pre show will air on ITV4 for free as well.

• Thanks 1

On the latest Road to Double or Nothing, Cody said the winner of the battle royale will get the first shot at the AEW champ.

Not sure if that's news or not. Looking forward to people anticipating something huge when it'll likely be a dude who goes down in a competitive first defense. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

So there's going to be a number one contender for the AEW title before there's even an AEW champion?  Wouldn't it make more sense for the battle royal winner to somehow be involved in a match to crown the first champion?

(Unless I guess PAC vs Hangman ends up being for the title)

Edited by CSC

I thought Pac vs Hangman was for the title, but maybe I got swept up in other people speculating that.

And I'm just going to guess that #21 is Joey Ryan, who won't win. I'm still holding out hope that Moxley annihilates whoever wins Pac vs Hangman. Conventional wisdom dictates that Moxley should work against Omega or Jericho if they even sign him, but I'd rather see something different.

18 minutes ago, CSC said:

So there's going to be a number one contender for the AEW title before there's even an AEW champion?  Wouldn't it make more sense for the battle royal winner to somehow be involved in a match to crown the first champion?

(Unless I guess PAC vs Hangman ends up being for the title)

Either at or around the Jacksonville press conference they were going at it like it was for the title.  I'd be shocked and confused if that ends up not being the case.