DVDVR Message Board

AEW Double or Nothing - 5/25/2019

5 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Feckless. You're allowed to run a business and have some standards. 

But I don't have a compulsive gambling habit to feed, so what do I know?

Plenty of people are politically right of centre but still have no love for the far right. Compassionate conservatism is possible. It doesn't happen much, but it does happen. Winston Churchill was right wing, and he defeated fascism in Europe singlehandedly. Then lost the 1946 election because British people wanted the welfare state and a National Health Service.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

HOW HAVE I NEVER SEEN THAT?! 

There is so much WCW I've missed in my life. Damn Vince for owning it all. 

I'm glad that was fixed today. It's alright, you're gonna be okay.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

10 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

And for them, I play the world's tiniest violin. 

If you ran a wrestling company just for those who politically agree with you...you would be out of business in no time.

ESPN had to eliminate their political speech on their shows because too many consumers was leaving them.

Im a progressive on some issues...conservative on others.  I’m not watching a wrestling entertainment program to listen to political talk from right or left.

AEW has had a brilliant start to their launch.

I’ve already spent my hard earned cash on the product and I don’t regret it one bit...DON was fantastic.

But if AEW turns into AOC TV or if WWE turns into Trump Land I will turn them off and there won’t be any hesitation.

Edited by Flair’s Shadow
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

If you ran a wrestling company just for those who politically agree with you...you would be out of business in no time.

Most right wing boycotts are completely flaccid, but you do you.

ESPN had to eliminate their political speech on their shows because too many consumers was leaving them.

I'd suggest ESPN has bigger problems than political speech. Like being 98% garbage. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

or if WWE turns into Trump Land I will turn them off and there won’t be any hesitation.

If? Linda literally worked for him, the whole family posed in the White House, and he’s their Hall of Fame.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

I vaguely recall other people helping, actually.

I'm trying to redress the balance after all those American movies that erased the British Armed forces from history. Two wrongs don't make a right, but they feel righter if you were the first one wronged.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

If? Linda literally worked for him, the whole family posed in the White House, and he’s their Hall of Fame.

There are people who won't concede someone's on the Nazi's side unless the someone in question is goose stepping and Seig Heiling. And even then, some people will talk about context and forgiveness instead of Nazis. 

Vince could wear a MAGA hat on Raw and that dude wouldn't get it. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

There are people who won't concede someone's on the Nazi's side unless the someone in question is goose stepping and Seig Heiling. And even then, some people will talk about context and forgiveness instead of Nazis. 

Vince could wear a MAGA hat on Raw and that dude wouldn't get it. 

What dude wouldn’t get it?

I have watched WWE maybe 6 times in the last 3 years...so forgive me if I did not appreciate how far right wing that they have gotten.

My point still stands...if AEW becomes a show for only those who agree with you on all political issues then it’s gone. If it becomes a show for those only who believes in all the stuff AOC believes in...AEW will die.

Same with WWE.

Why cut your potential audience in half?

Horrible business.

This will be my last comment in this truly stupid subject of politics in wrestling.

• Like 2

Guest The Magnificent 7

I thought Hiroo Onada was the last of the holdouts fighting WWII, but West Newbury Bad Boy’s heroic tale is inspiring. Too bad Churchill isn’t around to relieve him of his duties. 

13 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Why do I suspect you think Nazi is a more hurtful n-word than the other n-word? 

Literally won't happen. 

So you approve of AEW decision if they mixed in progressive political messaging into their entertainment content?

Ok, good to know.

I don’t need to take anything you say in the world of Professional Wrestling seriously anymore. 

Because that is quite possibly the dumbest position I have ever read on a wrestling message board.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

How would you actually do that? Would it be like those Christian Wrestling shows, only the heels are bigots instead of sinners?

Kenny Omega to change his ring name to "Worker's Rights" start a tag team with "Healthcare for All (Brian Pillman 2)" and feud with "Privatised Prison System (Joey Janela)" and "Tax Cuts for the Wealthy (MJF)"? 

Edited by AxB
  • Haha 1

"By god King, that's Phil Rippa's music!"

You guys do know the board has both private messaging and an ignore feature right?

Edited by BrianS81177
Spelling errorz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6