DVDVR Message Board

AEW Double or Nothing - 5/25/2019

I just bought DON. I’m hoping it’s good enough to where it can sell hope to a wrestling fan like me who would be considered a “lapsed fan” in the manner Tony Khan describes fans like me.

I don’t expect this card to run smoothly. I can’t imagine the production value will be as highs as WWE. But I’m starting to think this model might work. But I could be dead ass wrong.

Have fun tonight you all  

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Well that's a shame. I was considering buying this but I'm a cord cutter.

In the US it's on B/R Live, but there were issues getting the site to load this morning.

6 minutes ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

I’m hoping it’s good enough to where it can sell hope to a wrestling fan like me who would be considered a “lapsed fan” in the manner Tony Khan describes fans like me.

Do you watch any wrestling? WWE? Impact? How long's it been since you watched either? 

37 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Do you watch any wrestling? WWE? Impact? How long's it been since you watched either? 

I watch WWE few times a year. I’m quite a bit older than most posters here I imagine. I grew up on Nick Bockwinkle. And I know the Young Bucks and these wrestlers won’t be anything like Bockwinkle in terms of how they will perform...but I do like the sports centric part of this vision as long as there is drama involved. 

Let there be blood tonight.

Let there be actual disgust and heartbreak inside a character once they lose a match.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Over+ Under- on how many blade jobs tonight.

I got it even at 1, with Kenny being the only one to blade tonight.

I agree. Omega will be flowing red. Omega will be blind and Jericho is going to knock him out with the Judas Effect...something like that..lol.

I should have thrown in Dory Funk Jr, Harley Race & Terry Funk in as well as those who I grew up with watching. AEW won’t be close to the same style but I’m just hoping their vision can get people into investing themselves into matches because of the wins & losses matter component. 

This whole thing might go pear shape tonight and AEW might lose me as a buying customer. We shall see. 

33 minutes ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

I’m quite a bit older than most posters here I imagine. I grew up on Nick Bockwinkle.

Given you are new here, that probably is not entirely accurate. ?

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

Jericho stumbling on the spinning back elbow while taking up MMA training to lose his belly and bitch tits and then deciding to use it as a new~! and fresh~! finishing move is ''how do you do, fellow kids?'' tier cringe.

I expect it to look about as good as CM Punk's BJJ and Muay Thai "I'm a serious fighter" stuff that he incorporated into his offense. 

7pm for the Buy In show, yeah.

Also, fwiw, I couldn't order the ppv from the BR Live app on my Roku, but people said they're having success ordering it on Sling. So I'll use that as my back up if all else fails.

41 minutes ago, Rick said:

Jericho stumbling on the spinning back elbow while taking up MMA training to lose his belly and bitch tits and then deciding to use it as a new~! and fresh~! finishing move is ''how do you do, fellow kids?'' tier cringe.

It’s like Stan Lane’s “karate”, and Jeff Jarrett doing MMA. I’ll allow it do to its silliness.

Edit: Woah, giant poker chips. This entrance is already giving me a mark boner.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1