DVDVR Message Board

AEW Double or Nothing - 5/25/2019

25 minutes ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

Earlier today at Starrcast Arn Anderson says Revival should be the WWE Tag Team Champions and he should be their manager if WWE knew what they were doing with Tag Teams. Double A then said he will try to make it happen sometime down the road (AEW).

Now that would be beautiful. 

I'm pretty sure this entire board would have booked that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Web Conn said:

I like the separate entrances look, sets them apart from the E. 

I'm so excited for this, I'm Sec 217 Row K Seat 5.

Section 16 row T for us...

... presuming we survive the craps tables to make it to the show.  ?

Edited by ctapley
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

Earlier today at Starrcast Arn Anderson says Revival should be the WWE Tag Team Champions and he should be their manager if WWE knew what they were doing with Tag Teams. Double A then said he will try to make it happen sometime down the road (AEW).

Now that would be beautiful. 

giphy.gif

15 hours ago, nofuture said:

I get the feeling that he was trying to play to the crowd, but it still comes off a pretty cheap.  Then again, he might still be holding a grudge:

So, he's mad that she said she wouldn't be where she is without Dusty? That she constantly puts over how much he taught her, what a great guy he was and how much she loved him? She's incorporated polka dots in her gear multiple times as an homage to Dusty, she's never said a bad word about him. Is he mad at Karl for tearing the bear's head off?

The reaction to Cody really is much ado about nothing but him taking such a weird unnecessary shot out of nowhere really doesn't make any sense. Stick to telling stories about Ted Dibiase in search of the referee that tried to fuck on him and you cool, Mr Rhodes

• Like 1

They really should’ve kept that press conference as something private for the Starrcast attendees if they weren’t going to use the Turner production on this. I mean now that I think about it, the old press conferences from the 90’s weren’t the most slickly produced events, but at least the audio quality wasn’t usually shit.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

17 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I watched some TNA backwards.

Turns out his name was Killer.

Oh wow I just realized TNA spelled backwards is ANT. They could’ve had an nWo like stable that was the ANTi-TNA. 

Edit: Hmmmm Interesting... They’ve already put up the other two upcoming AEW events that are taking place in the next two months, but with no price, or purchase option yet.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

11 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

As someone who had a bad run in with Cody on Twitter (he misconstrued a joke I made), cant say I'm surprised. ?

He needs to drop the public face of the promotion thing after this show if he’s going to be a performer. I don’t think his ego can handle it, yet. Funny because up until this point he’s sort of been doing well in coming off as a pro, but it feels like he’s cracking a bit the closer we get, or Jericho has been sharing his top shelf stuff with Cody.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

I don't think this promotion will sink or swim dependent on Cody's Starrcast interviews.  It's up to Khan,  how much money is he willing to spend (or lose in the short term),  how invested TNT will be in promoting it (so far so good) and if any of their stars can break out beyond their bubble. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well it seems to have avoided Dustin at least for the most part of his career

What are you saying here? That Dustin has avoided criticism or that he doesn't have a thin skin? IIRC, dude's a prolific Twitter blocker (which means he's using Twitter correctly).

As for criticism, in listening to Conrad podcasts it's been wild hearing how much Dave shits all over Dustin.

But then on the other hand, being a feisty underdog promotion isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It worked for WCW in 95-96, they just got a little too petty with their feistiness afterwards. Cody going after Bayley was way too much, especially with a wrestler who isn’t part of the oppositions front office, and somebody who has potential to be an employee. If you’re going to bite, be a little more calculated about it.

At the end of the day we all wanted this. It’s what happens when you have two promotions competing. Sure it’s getting real ugly, like two politicians going head-to-head, but so was WCW Vs. WWF. We’ll just have to weather the nastiness as fans.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Cody going after Bayley was way too much

Honestly, I suspect the Bayley attack was more of an inside joke than anything malicious. Keep in mind this was in response to people looking at Kylie Rae as a Bayley copy. The Bayley we see today is an NXT creation, not necessarily her actual personality. For instance I recall there were old tweets she deleted showing she had the mouth of a sailor. It was better left unsaid, but I doubt he was trying to be a dick.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, OctopusCinema said:

This is all so Pro Wrestling Tees can sell AEW Playing Cards.

You say that but I would buy that in a heartbeat. 

Hoping to catch this on a delay tonight. But I'm really fucking excited for this. Have fun, everybody. 

• Like 1