DVDVR Message Board

AEW Double or Nothing - 5/25/2019

Spoiler

Maybe it is the positioning of the picture but it seems like the ramp is smaller than ALL IN.  i guess we have to see the rest of the surrounding areas to see how it really looks.

Edited by hammerva

9 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

For what it's worth, Cody's sort of apologized.

Works for me.  I think at some point she might need to drop the tubeman anyway but that's for another thread.

Moving on the stage and ramp look fine.  I do like that they have two tunnels on each side which oddly reminds me of TNA's weekly PPVs.  Not trying to compare the two companies but just something I noticed while watching some of those shows.

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

This guy plays an asshole so very well.  the problem is that I can't tell if he "playing" an asshole or just a fucking jerk.  

He was just being a jerk. Cody probably isn't a bad guy, but like basically everyone alive he is going to have the occasional asshole moments. He is just normally more careful and diplomatic. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hammerva said:
  Hide contents

Maybe it is the positioning of the picture but it seems like the ramp is smaller than ALL IN.  i guess we have to see the rest of the surrounding areas to see how it really looks.

It's definitely shorter. It's about the length that NJPW used for their first Long Beach shows.

8 minutes ago, hammerva said:

WCW EVERYBODY ?  Hopefully none of this is explained on the broadcast as the confused may be the end of Jim Ross  

D7WjlKIXoAARyJr.jpg

don.jpg

DW: Now the rules...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Having the wrestlers weigh themselves 1 day before the event isn’t working for me at all. However, I do like the press conferences 1 day before PPV’s. It does help to create even more of a buzz as we head toward Saturday night, plus it can further develop storylines.

Edited by Flair’s Shadow

Yeah, I don’t see what’s so convoluted about that match.  It’s a basic Royal Rumble setup, except the wrestlers come in waves instead of one at a time.

What was dumb about the worst of TNA’s weird gimmick matches is that they would just take a standard gimmick match (battle royal, ladder match) and do it backwards, for no sensible reason, and act like that was some great innovation.  YOU HAVE TO FIGHT TO GET IN THE RING!  YOU HAVE TO HANG THE BELT!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EVA said:

Yeah, I don’t see what’s so convoluted about that match.  It’s a basic Royal Rumble setup, except the wrestlers come in waves instead of one at a time.

What was dumb about the worst of TNA’s weird gimmick matches is that they would just take a standard gimmick match (battle royal, ladder match) and do it backwards, for no sensible reason, and act like that was some great innovation.  YOU HAVE TO FIGHT TO GET IN THE RING!  YOU HAVE TO HANG THE BELT!

If you watch matches on rewind, they're actually all great.

*points to noggin*

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

If you watch matches on rewind, they're actually all great.

*points to noggin*

There's also subliminal messages telling you to kill your parents if you watch TNA backwards.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dewar said:

Weigh ins when you do not have weight classes is pointless. Press conferences are a nice touch. 

Especially when you should be kayfabing all the heights and weights. Every wrestler should be billed at 6'7", 302 lbs.

Earlier today at Starrcast Arn Anderson says Revival should be the WWE Tag Team Champions and he should be their manager if WWE knew what they were doing with Tag Teams. Double A then said he will try to make it happen sometime down the road (AEW).

Now that would be beautiful. 

• Like 5